Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis Reforming?

All over twitter...

Comments

• I'll believe it when it happens! Would be good though! :-)
  • Liams got a lot of kids to keep

Hope it happens as long as its genuine and not to pay tax bills
  • 20 year anniversary ?
  • Why is it that people who have the talent of making good music become insufferable arseholes and so far removed from the music they once made?
  • Basically Liam Gallagher has sent three single letter tweets - "O", "A" and "S".

Seems like a wind up.
  • edited April 2014
    Seems genuine that it's Liam...it's taken him 47 minutes to spell out three letters!! ;-)
  • se9addick said:

Basically Liam Gallagher has sent three single letter tweets - "O", "A" and "S".

Seems like a wind up.

Yes, although given he is doing it every 30 minutes on the dot, does seem like its all part of a masterplan

• This news is spreading faster than a cannonball
  • Who are they going to get to replace George Harrison?
  • ....And there goes the 'I'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Silly boy should have started with the S now instead of oasis reforming it's gonna be sisao, the tribute band
  • Always suspected it was going to happen this year, being 20 years since Definitely Maybe. Possible Glasto headliners me thinks
  • Possible Glasto headliners me thinks

Yes please
  • It's hardly a surprise.
    The money had to run out at some time. As much as i liked Oasis at the time i'm buggered if i'm going to buy a ticket to help finance two spoilt little brats.
  • Doubt it Noel is a regular guest on the Sports Bar and everytime Andy or Jason have mentioned it he just laughs it off and says never ever
  • Doubt it Noel is a regular guest on the Sports Bar and everytime Andy or Jason have mentioned it he just laughs it off and says never ever

Well that's that then !
  • se9addick said:

Doubt it Noel is a regular guest on the Sports Bar and everytime Andy or Jason have mentioned it he just laughs it off and says never ever

Well that's that then !
    Lol just saying what Noel has said a few times, also surprised that Liam is doing it and not Noel surely they both would announce it together.
  • edited April 2014
    Would be funny if he does the final S then puts is trending on twitter.
  • Think he forgot the last S
  • Sponsored links:

• The final S is there, what comes next
  • Call me a philistine but as soon as they split up you knew it was so they could re-form.
    Oldest trick in the book when things are slowing down. How many 'classic' bands have had a reunion now?
  • I hope he dont spell every word one letter at a time, if they are reforming will take ages
  • finally the S! had me worried. I'm thinking with the glasto resale this Sunday and one headliner still to be announced it is too big of a coincidence... oh well i shall be seeing them either way! Ecstatic with this news!
  • Just tweeted Oasis LG, guess that means maybe they are reforming
  • It will only happen when hell freezes over.
  • It would be just like Liam to be on a wind up though! Have to say though I would love the chance to relive my teenage years if they did a few dates. Would hope they would load up on definitely maybe and not the newer stuff though.
  • Liam Gallagher on Twitter. "Oasis LG"

Is he really gana be that much of a wind up?

Hope it's true but funny how NG is in the middle of releasing another solo album. Strange timing for oasis return.
  • RedMist said:

Call me a philistine but as soon as they split up you knew it was so they could re-form.
    Oldest trick in the book when things are slowing down. How many 'classic' bands have had a reunion now?

I thought that at the time too. I had seen their last stadium performance at Wembley then accidentally booked V Festival for Staffordshire, which I think was there last performance in general - as they didn't perform in Essex and broke up very soon after in Paris.

I remember thinking what a shitty way it was to treat fans who had travelled and spent some pretty hefty dosh to see them - when let's be honest, it was most likely just to enable them to cash in on their individual names for a couple of years. The newer stuff wasn't as good anyway.

It'll be the 5 year anniversary of the split - so perfect timing. And despite what I've said, I'd still jump at tickets... As stupid as that makes me!
  • LuckyReds said:

RedMist said:

Call me a philistine but as soon as they split up you knew it was so they could re-form.

I thought that at the time too. I had seen their last stadium performance at Wembley then accidentally booked V Festival for Staffordshire, which I think was there last performance in general - as they didn't perform in Essex and broke up very soon after in Paris.

I remember thinking what a shitty way it was to treat fans who had travelled and spent some pretty hefty dosh to see them - when let's be honest, it was most likely just to enable them to cash in on their individual names for a couple of years. The newer stuff wasn't as good anyway.

It'll be the 5 year anniversary of the split - so perfect timing. And despite what I've said, I'd still jump at tickets... As stupid as that makes me!
    Hmmm perhaps, but it wasn't drying up was it, they were still selling out every tour date at the time.

A 5 year break was maybe required, I understand that. Trying to keep it fresh.

Sibling rivalry is a funny thing though.