Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Irish Grand National

Where are you at Peanuts?
@PeanutsMolloy

Comments

• Top of the evening Abs.
    Especially on decent-ish ground, the Irish GN stats are pretty unreliable (for the most part) but the %'s do favour those at the bottom of the weights. Only 1 of last 13 winners carried >10.08 and only 2 >10.05.
    I like the look of (5 places each way of course)
    GALLANT OSCAR 14/1
    LOS AMIGOS 22/1 and
    ROGUE ANGEL 28/1
    Luck maith.

• Going for Folsom Blue @ 25s.
  • Los Amigos a non-runner.
  • Shut The front Door .. for me .. just
  • Going for Folsom Blue @ 25s.

Looks very good value at 25s - good luck mid_life_crisis.

I'm sorely tempted to follow your lead but I'm going to plump for Saoirse Dun, also 25/1, as replacement for Los Amigos.
  • Oh what the hell. With 5 places, I'll join you with Folsom Blue to have 4 running for me.
    Best of luck all.
  • edited April 2014
    I took a punt on Letter of Credit at 33s so avoid that one!

Gone for Gallant Oscar in line with Peanuts' advice too.
  • LenGlover said:

Len, you need to have a word with little_girl.
    No hogging the winner to herself this time. Tips please!
  • Rich Revival - trainer is in great form
    Heaney
    Daring Article
    Golden Wonder
  • Rich Revival - trainer is in great form
    Heaney
    Daring Article
    Golden Wonder

Good luck alan. If memory serves me, didn't you back virtually the entire first 4 or 5 in the 2013 GN?
  • Sponsored links:

• Good memory ! It was the first 3 and the 5th ! Had a complete blank this year though ! I've been backing Liz Doyle's horses for about a month, she's been in red hot form.

Rich Revival had a good run over hurdles recently, though today's going might not suit
  • Nice one. Best of luck today.
  • LenGlover said:

50's on bet365.

I think Letter of Credit looks interesting too.
  • edited April 2014
    I've gone for Peanuts' tips, also having an extremely uneducated punt on Letter of Credit and Golden Wonder.
  • edited April 2014
    Cheers Len\'s_little_girl.
    There is a lot of value about some decent chances in this race. 50s looks very appealing relative to Touch The Eden's 12/1, given that Mullins has such an atrocious record in the Irish GN.
    Good luck LLG.
  • Come on guys, we'll have backed the whole field by kick off :o)
  • 4 Non runners now:
    Rich Revival
    The Westener Boy
    Tammys Hill
    Los Amigos
  • Holy Cow. Great win lads. Couldn't care less if all mine UR at the first now...................well, almost :o)
  • Wow, the fav wins for the first time since 1999. Well done Lincs.
    1. Shutthefrontdoor
    2. Golden Wonder
    3. Saoirse Dun
    4. Jamsie Hall
    5. Folsom Blue
  • edited April 2014

Wow, the fav wins for the first time since 1999. Well done Lincs.
    1. Shutthefrontdoor
    2. Golden Wonder
    3. Saoirse Dun
    4. Jamsie Hall
    5. Folsom Blue

smiffyboy said:

Nice one lincs

Thanks chaps .. I know all about McCoy and Walsh .. BUT .. Geraghty is my favourite jumps jockey EVER .. ((:>) .. and McManus is having a terrific season as owner .. Incidentally .. Julian Wilson died today .. age 73 .. to me he always looked 65, even as a young man .. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Great run from the near missers, Golden Wonder (nice pick Len\'s_little_girl and alan) and Saoirse Dun. Both within a length of the winner. A fine run by the veteran Jamsie Hall and Folsom Blue looked pretty unlucky - appeared to be badly hampered by a faller about 4 out but stayed on strongly.
    Saoirse Dun and (courtesy of mid_life_crisis - cheers Chief) Folsom Blue got me out with a 52% profit. Thank gawd Los Amigos was a non runner :o)
    Shutthefrontdoor carried more weight (10.13) than any winner since Commanche Court in 2000. Nonetheless, the bias to the bottom of the card continues. 50% of the 26 starters carried 10.06 or less but they represented 6 of the first 7 home.
  • Wow, the fav wins for the first time since 1999. Well done Lincs.
    1. Shutthefrontdoor
    2. Golden Wonder
    3. Saoirse Dun
    4. Jamsie Hall
    5. Folsom Blue

smiffyboy said:

Nice one lincs

Thanks chaps .. I know all about McCoy and Walsh .. BUT .. Geraghty is my favourite jumps jockey EVER .. ((:>) .. and McManus is having a terrific season as owner .. Incidentally .. Julian Wilson died today .. age 73 .. to me he always looked 65, even as a young man .. RIP
    RIP Julian W.
    Another win for BG - like shelling peas. Gave STFD the perfect ride. Enjoy your celebratory bevvy Lincs - I reckon we all will tonight.

• Each ways on Saoirse and Folsom, so a nice way to top off a brilliant win for the Reds!

Tempered by the sad news about Julian Wilson...Rest in Peace.
  • Had STFD £25 e/w and also Folsom Blue £10 e/w so very happy
  • RIP racing legend
  • Sad news re JW.
    Grew up with him and Sir Peter O'Sullevan, in the days when the BBC took racing seriously.
    Quality coverage without the modern trend to overhype.