Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DIY at Easter

Come on then what you been doing

So far stripped all turf from garden removed 80% of plants , built a 20 ft x 5.5 ft dog run / kennel with paving slab floor

Levelled the rest garden with 2 ton of type 1 and 3 ton of sand and compacted and levelled off

Created one new bedding border

Started laying the Astro turf

And I am fecked but will have it finished tomorrow

Comments

• Changed 3 light bulbs and mowed the lawn
  • edited April 2014
    Lol, installed two of those annoying light fittings with two cables replacing two pendants with half a dozen wires one in a very awkward spot on the top landing.. Now half the 1st floor lights don't work and until i sorted it the new circuit board for the loft was tripping. Connections need checking i expect.

Fitting a new wall socket tomorrow and finishing home cinema set up..

Did up the nippers bedroom painted and put up new curtains.

Painted living room door, fitted door handle which had through bolts that were too long and meant once drilled through the handle was impossible to secure... Great..
  • Is this another " Who can p*ss highest up the wall " thread ?????

Shouldn't bother, if so.

Danny Green won that on Friday.....
  • I've done what Micky Flanagan (comedian) would have done
    Proper FA
  • 7 rolls of bin liners rolled out, overlapping, pinned 3 foot above floor level, bought 11 industrial tins of Mazola corn oil, fitted three chrome floor to ceiling poles and a selection of waterproof bean bags - now looking forward to an excellent week ahead with a number of lady visitors.

Invited Matt-himself along too, just for the craic
  • Let the much maligned weeds enjoy a bit more life in my urban jungle.
  • Is this another " Who can p*ss highest up the wall " thread ?????

Shouldn't bother, if so.

Danny Green won that on Friday.....

So he does have a talent then
  • I've sat in the hot tub a few times, tiring work.

• It's been back breaking work this Easter, I took the recycling out ,,and cracked open a humongous Easter egg.
  • Come on then what you been doing

So far stripped all turf from garden removed 80% of plants , built a 20 ft x 5.5 ft dog run / kennel with paving slab floor

Levelled the rest garden with 2 ton of type 1 and 3 ton of sand and compacted and levelled off

Created one new bedding border

Started laying the Astro turf

And I am fecked but will have it finished tomorrow

...And still managed to post on here every couple of hours.
    You should diversify into offering landscape gardening coupled with I.T consultancy as an all in one package?
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched three Robins in the back garden today, which I've taken as a good sign.
  • edited April 2014
    I hate gardening I must say. I start off ok with the mower but normally end up laying on the grass with a cigar after about 5mins
  • That's whybi have gone for the Astro and a dog run

No rogue dog turds and no stingers in the grass
  • I bought the tiles and stuff for my shower room pre-Easter and tried to work up the enthusiasm to start.
    I've decided its wrong to get the tile cutter,drill, angle grinder, etc going when all my neighbours need a few days piece and quiet.
    Instead I'm doing what I do best, drinking, eating and watching a few Blu-Rays.
  • edited April 2014
    Was my littlun's first birthday on Friday so Was instructed to Mow the lawn before guests arrived decided to mow lawn.
  • 5 mins on red tube.
  • 6 on elephant tube
  • After shelling out a grand to have a tree cut down that was starting to damage the garage roof, I'm steeling myself for the cost of replacing the roof. It's a right pain in the arse, had to move the car to my mums as it has to be garaged for the insurance and rearrange everything inside so it's not underneath the drips.
  • Just got roped into fixing my sister in law's door lock- not happy. Hate DIY at the best of times least of all when it's not my house.
  • Sponsored links:

• #swerve
  • Put up a flatpack wardrobe. 2 man job and 2 hours my arse. Still not finished it
  • edited April 2014
    I've been plastering, tiling and fitting a new bathroom suite all week, so not touching any tools all weekend...........

Just got roped into fixing my sister in law's door

• If you want a double entendre I'll give you one.
  • After shelling out a grand to have a tree cut down that was starting to damage the garage roof, I'm steeling myself for the cost of replacing the roof. It's a right pain in the arse, had to move the car to my mums as it has to be garaged for the insurance and rearrange everything inside so it's not underneath the drips.

would advise anyone looking to have any roofing work done to contact delroofer. Did a fantastic job on the garage at a fair price. Top bloke too.
  • Thanks for the kind words, but sorry to hear that your wife now wants to claim a share of your weatherproofed garage for domestic purposes.