Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Verve last night

ScoSco
edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
Went to the 02/Dome last night to see the Verve and can say that they were superb. Like the stage set up at that venue, but if seated you can be quite far away - it is large. Brixton Academy still my favourite venue. Rev and the makers were good as well.

Anyone else go?

Comments

• Didn't go, thought about it when I got to North Greenwich last night to see if any returns at the box office, but didn't go.

been listening to the Rev and the Makers album a lot the last couple of days
  • Worth the effort to go and see if you haven't already mate.
  • I do like Brixton academy. The only problem is that it's in Brixton.

Are they playing any new stuff, Sco?
  • i had two spare last night rothko. going begging too.

i enjoyed them. when i saw trousersnake he was in the round but i preferred this set up - we were up in the gods directly in front of the stage but didnt matter... easy to get to the bar etc etc!

er i didnt see the support... still in the Slug... in fact it was touch and go whether we would even make it in!
  • There doing Fabric next weekend, which would be cool, but room 1 is a pig when anyone decent is on, I'll try get to the Roundhouse in Feb
  • This fella from my work went last night sco, he said they were good but wasnt loud enough band for the size of the place! I am going to see linkin park in jan with my boss and a couple of other work chaps and it'll be my first ever gig, very excited! I hope they rock out!
  • Chunes - I have to confess to not being a ardent fan, but I pretty much knew everything that was played.
    Rothko - Agreed on Fabric, no where near big enough for them as the club capacity is twice that room size.
    MCS - They know how to play mate and make the sound big - limited by the soundsystem there and it wasn't that quiet - must be mutton your mate! He could have been far back though and as I said, it is a large venue.
  • well he is a millwaller!! lol
  • I went, thought they were brilliant.
    I saw one of they're last gigs before they split up and i don't think they've lost it at all.

I think it makes a big difference being in the standing bit, we were about 4 from the front and the sound was perfect.
    Wouldn't have wanted to be in the seating though.

They've got a great idea of having a metre wide trip down both sides of the arena where no one is allowed to stand, which makes nipping out to get a beer and then getting back to where you were standing incredibly easy, no more pushing through thousands of pissed off people with 3 pints in your hand!

They played a new track, "On Your Own" which i loved, really dark and moody.

Just looked on Billboard.com and they're slagging the gig off big time but not sure why, i thought it was a top night.
  • I went too, not the biggest fan ill admit but my mate had a spare going so i thought id give it a go, and i was more impressed than i thought i'd be. The crowd was a bit of a strange one though, lots of people looking disinterested until they played The drugs dont work which is never good to see.
  • Sponsored links:

• I went had a superb night, free beer in a box. Never had that before but thought Reverend and the Makers were ace as was the Eminem-esque Ashcroft.
  • On Your Own is a very, very old track if I'm not mistaken

a B-side from one of their early singles, and yes a great song - probably my favourite The Verve track

i only saw them once, in 1992ish they were supporting Spirutualised at the Poly in Manchester
  • Oops I should have cheked - the favourite song i refer to is I See The Door, which was the b-side to the On Your Own single
  • edited December 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]On Your Own is a very, very old track if I'm not mistaken

a B-side from one of their early singles, and yes a great song - probably my favourite The Verve track[/quote]

My mistake, my Verve mad friend has just told me the new track was called "Sit and Wonder"

Loved it.
  • wrong on both counts about on your own chaps , it wasn't a b-side , was a single off northern soul.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite] I am going to see linkin park in jan with my boss and a couple of other work chaps and it'll be my first ever gig, very excited! I hope they rock out![/quote]

Saw them back in 2001 and they put on a quality live show.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]On Your Own is a very, very old track if I'm not mistaken

a B-side from one of their early singles, and yes a great song - probably my favourite The Verve track

i only saw them once, in 1992ish they were supporting Spirutualised at the Poly in Manchester

They were supporting Spiritualised - that makes sense.