Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

All-time Charlton XI - awarded for just one moment

I know we've had cult hero and all-time elevens, but I don't think there has ever been an all-time eleven on here of players based on just one single moment as a Charlton player, i.e. Ilic, Mendonca and Rufus for the playoff final, Rommedahl or Fortune against Palace, Shirtliff versus Leeds, Duffy in the 1947 cup final etc. I won't put an eleven together myself just yet as I need more time to think about it, but who are your nominations?

Comments

• John Fortune.
  • Lisbie
  • Cliff Durandt v Southampton
  • Omar Pouso
  • C_A_F_C said:

Lisbie

Almost clicked LOL for that but then remembered the Liverpool game!
  • Kiely at Birmingham anyone? Walsh in '92.
  • edited April 2014
    Going back a bit Johnny Summers in the 7-6 match versus Huddersfield
  • Hamer for the penalty save against Leeds.
  • Paul Kitson for palace goal in promotion year.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2014
    Alan Simonsen v Chelsea 05/03/83 took them apart on his own in a 5-2 victory scoring two himself the second? of which he left a trail of opponents in his wake.
  • Lee Hendry (?) on loan from Spurs and scored the winner at the Toolbox.
    Sasa for "THE" save.

and come on everybody............Dennis in the last minute !
  • BWP for the promotion goal at Carlisle
  • edited April 2014

Parker away at Leeds and at home to Southampton.

Jackson in the back-to-back Sheffield games in our promotion season.

When we've got enough I'll try and put a 16 together. If anyone else wants to, then by my guest! Some good suggestions here guys.

Great shout on Parker 90th minute winner away at Leeds 01/12/02 Premiership. I was only a couple of rows back when the shirt came off and he came over to us with chest out after that mazy run and goal, remember it like it was yesterday.
  • Big Mig equaliser vSwindon
  • LenGlover said:

Going back a bit Johnny Summers in the 7-6 match versus Huddersfield

I was there and so was my wife
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

When we've got enough I'll try and put a 16 together. If anyone else wants to, then by my guest! Some good suggestions here guys.

Great shout on Parker 90th minute winner away at Leeds 01/12/02 Premiership. I was only a couple of rows back when the shirt came off and he came over to us with chest out after that mazy run and goal, remember it like it was yesterday.
    His best goal for us that I think and one of the greatest Charlton goals I've ever seen. He never hit that level again his career in my opinion.
  • edited April 2014

John Robinson for just being John Robinson

You know what, at Pride Park a few weeks ago I sat watching us just stand off of them and thought to myself: 'God I wish we had Kinsella and Robinson.' They would never have put up with that.

Best Robbo moment? Huddersfield away? Utd equaliser at home in the 3-3 draw?
  • Wilson vs Brighton
  • John Robinson for just being John Robinson

You know what, at Pride Park a few weeks ago I sat watching us just stand off of them and thought to myself: 'God I wish we had Kinsella and Robinson.' They would never have put up with that.

By a distance, that look on his face as he runs off kind of side stepping behind the goal frantically pointing at something (I know not what) as the camera shakes from the force of the sound as the Valley erupted. Best little TV snippet of CAFC ever. What a game that was.

Stevie Brown and that tackle.

Jensen's lob at Highbury.

• Newton vs Ipswich in the play-off semis
  • Akpo Sodje vs Dirty L**ds
  • RedChaser said:

His best goal for us that I think and one of the greatest Charlton goals I've ever seen. He never hit that level again his career in my opinion.
    I didn't see the Parker goal but Paul Mortimer's against, I think, Bradford in a 4-1 win was similar by the sound of it.
  • John Robinson for just being John Robinson

By a distance, that look on his face as he runs off kind of side stepping behind the goal frantically pointing at something (I know not what) as the camera shakes from the force of the sound as the Valley erupted. Best little TV snippet of CAFC ever. What a game that was.

Stevie Brown and that tackle.

Jensen's lob at Highbury.

Which tackle?
  • Deano's penalty save (Parlour was definitely in the box wasn't he??) against the Arse.
  • Shirtliff, Miller, Colin Walsh, Ilic, Mendonca, Mills, Fortune.

Jamie Clapham has a place in an opponent's XI.