Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ

The first episode of the new series of Game Of Thrones will be broadcast at the same time in the UK and the US.

In America, season four of the HBO show will air at 21:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Sunday 6 April, with Sky Atlantic broadcasting it in the UK at the same time, 02:00 BST on 7 April.

The UK channel will then repeat the show at 21:00 BST on Monday 7 April.

The simulcast was announced at the UK launch of the fourth series at London's Guildhall.

Kit Harington plays Jon Snow Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow, filmed the show in Iceland and Ireland
The new series carries the tagline Valar Morghulis, which means All Men Must Die, with two trailers released earlier this week.

Directors for the series include Michelle MacLaren, who has worked on Breaking Bad, and West Wing producer Alex Graves.

Sherlock co-creator Mark Gatiss, Gangs of New York's Roger Ashton-Griffiths and Homeland's Pedro Pascal are some of the names joining the cast.

Sophie Turner Sophie Turner attends the premiere of Game Of Thrones in London
At the premiere Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark in the series, said the show's pilot was rejected by HBO and was reshot before being put into production.

However, Game Of Thrones has gone on to win numerous awards and nominations, including a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for outstanding drama series in all three seasons.

The books get bigger and bigger. It might need a feature to tie things up, something with a feature budget, like $100m (£60.7m) for two hours

It was also named the most pirated TV show ever in 2013, according to TorrentFreak, with nearly six million people using file-sharing sites to download last season's finale.

Liam Cunningham, who plays Davos Seaworth, said he knew the show would be a success.

He said: "I read it [the script] and went, 'Jesus this is really cool'. I have no interest, genuinely, in fantasy and dragons and all that sort of stuff.

"I had no doubt it was going to be really good and people were going to be all over it."

Game of Thrones author George RR Martin hinted last week that the TV adaptation of his novels may end with a feature film.

George RR Martin Game Of Thrones author George RR Martin says there could be a film
At the series four premiere in New York, the writer said: "It all depends on how long the main series runs.

"Do we run for seven years? Do we run for eight? Do we run for 10?

"The books get bigger and bigger. It might need a feature to tie things up, something with a feature budget, like $100m (£60.7m) for two hours," he told the Hollywood Reporter.

"Those dragons get real big, you know."

Comments

• Hope they don't go down the movie route. The TV series' miss so much from the books already it would be a shame to dilute it further.

That being said, TV series is excellent.
  • Didn't realise there would be a 2am showing! Definitely staying up for that.
  • edited March 2014
    What on earth is "BST" :)

Edit: googled it, I'm a dumbass
  • If Nathalie Dormer is in it then it's worth waiting up till 2am for.
  • The women are exceptional gary

She is a funny one, you absolutely would no doubt about that but she's got a bit of a quirky look to her. She is not ashamed to release her chebs and what a fantastic set they are.

Anyway, tv series very good. Books brilliant

Not sure how much is understood of the tv show without having read them to be honest especially the last series
  • He has to finish the books first before worrying about a film
  • Peter Dinklage steals every scene he is in, but in general the casting is spot on.
  • Peter Dinklage steals every scene he is in, but in general the casting is spot on.

True, but hopefully he's been working on his English accent!

• edited March 2014
    The best thing about the books etc is the fact that nobody is safe and that characters evolve, Jamie Lannister for example starts off a right bastard but becomes more humane.
  • Carter said:

The women are exceptional gary

She is a funny one, you absolutely would no doubt about that but she's got a bit of a quirky look to her. She is not ashamed to release her chebs and what a fantastic set they are.

Anyway, tv series very good. Books brilliant

Not sure how much is understood of the tv show without having read them to be honest especially the last series

She was Anne Boleyn in The Tudors series and she was unreal in that. Always happy to get them out.
  • Sponsored links:

• He has to finish the books first before worrying about a film

Well Weiss and Benioff have already been told by Martin how the saga will end so in the event of Martin's death they can continue to it's conclusion.

Quite simply one of the most visually stunning and entertaining drama series in the history of television.
  • Also looking forward to the football spin-off Game Of Throw-Ins.
  • What on earth is "BST" :)

How is "BST" short for "I'm a dumbass"?!
  • Latest chapter released for the new book if anyone is interested...

georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/
  • Saga Lout said:

What on earth is "BST" :)

How is "BST" short for "I'm a dumbass"?!
    i thought it was "british standard time" considering there's "eastern standard time" etc and thought it was a hopeless american trying to make an educated guess on the name of our time zone.

Just to clarify, BST means British Summer Time, which is when the clocks go forward on sunday.
  • cafcpolo said:

Latest chapter released for the new book if anyone is interested...

I will wait for it to reach the TV show as the books are lacking pictures of the perky breasts.
  • cafcpolo said:

I will wait for it to reach the TV show as the books are lacking pictures of the perky breasts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P38t5r1yUQ
  • cafcpolo said:

Any news on the release date for the next book? I would be gutted if the TV series caught up with the book.

True, but hopefully he's been working on his English accent!

But it's not set in England. It's a fictional land................
  • cabbles said:

cafcpolo said:

Any news on the release date for the next book? I would be gutted if the TV series caught up with the book.

His UK publisher said it wouldn't be until 2015. No clue as to when though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone staying up till 2am to watch the start of series 4?
  • Anyone staying up till 2am to watch the start of series 4?

I am. :-)
  • Great start to season 4, only 12 minutes to wait for the first tits and minge.
  • Fantastic - the line about eating the chickens was awesome.
  • and no ad breaks.
  • se9addick said:

PL54 said:

Never watched it. A grown man at work today was getting very excited about it - it was the point at which he started talking about "monsters" that I realised it's me who's normal and not him.

Monsters ?
    I have no idea
  • Good start to the series, loved Aryas smug look at the end!

• Never watched it. A grown man at work today was getting very excited about it - it was the point at which he started talking about "monsters" that I realised it's me who's normal and not him.