Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Burger you've had?

With more & more burger restaurants opening in the UK, I wanted to hear what everyone's favourite place was to have a Burger in the UK?

Comments

• Maccers
  • Can't beat Hawksmoor for a burger, but the other one I would kill for is a Dead Hippie at Meat Market in Covent Garden
  • Three letters...... GBK....

Or Burger and Lobster!
  • Stevenage away last time we played there. Burger van in industrial estate opp ground. Best ever!
  • Very topical but not UK, I have just had the best burger of my life in the Blue & the Grey cafe, it was called the Gettysburger and delicious.

Best London Burger is at Dip & Flip in Battersea

Best football burger was at Maidstone Utd during their league days.

I am going to Stevenage v Port Vale tomorrow. So will try the burger recommendation above
  • Three letters...... GBK....

Or Burger and Lobster!

GBK is like Nandos, ridiculously overrated and you have to go up and order at a counter. Atrocious.
    Ha ha ha, but their sweet potato chips are yummy and the avocado burger is nice.

Ok ok, McDonald's it is. Geez, tough crowd! ;)

• Goodman in Mayfair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Outside the Stadium of light Sunderland. Size of a dinner plate and really tasty.
  • I really like a Scream Burger, but mainly for the pint of Trooper that comes with it.
  • Sticky Fingers for me.

At football, back in the 80's Chelsea used to sell them pre-wrapped in foil which kept the bread soft and with splash of relish - Michelin star material in terms of football grub.
  • Steak n Shake in Florida. Can't get enuf of them.
  • Burger and lobster is really good.
    meldrew66 said:

Steak n Shake in Florida. Can't get enuf of them.

Only UK ;-)
  • edited March 2014
    Talking of burgers got my mind thinking back. Who remembers the Cockney Burger that used to be where the curry house is now on Wellington Gardens? Their burgers were huge and very tasty. They used to wrap them in foil as well. The thing that stands out about them even from 30 years ago is the price. I am sure they were around the £2 mark even then!
  • M&S burger from the hot food on the move. Giant burger to say the least! De-lish
  • Any kind of fur burger.
  • Sticky Fingers for me.

At football, back in the 80's Chelsea used to sell them pre-wrapped in foil which kept the bread soft and with splash of relish - Michelin star material in terms of football grub.

I remember them, had one on a Tuesday night game when we drew 2.2 and a classy Paul Walsh scored a double for us. I think I can recall those burgers being called Thermal Burgers! I also remember a tidy mob of the older Charlton lot(Fatties,etc) went in the shed and caused a stir lol!

• The other 80's football classic was a Casey Jones half pounder, a short lived BR chain available at Kings Cross, Euston etc
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2014
    Never had one in UK as good as Burgers of Calais.
  • The quadruple bypass at the Alley Cat Phnom Penh

• edited March 2014

The quadruple bypass at the Alley Cat Phnom Pen

A mere taster old fellow an apetiser!
  • The quadruple bypass at the Alley Cat Phnom Penh

I think Scooby Doo is the only one who could get through that!

• I bet OP will be a Wendy's.
  • edited March 2014

Hawksmoor's new pork burger is the best burger I've ever eaten. Pork burger with pulled pork and crackling, stuffing and apple sauce.

Hawksmoor's new pork burger is the best burger I've ever eaten. Pork burger with pulled pork and crackling, stuffing and apple sauce.

"Pulled pork" fnnar fnnar
  • This is the best place for burgers

Cholesterol on a stick
  • edited March 2014
    in the days before I became a veggie the two best places for burgers were the Blackheath burger bar, a van that opened late nights next to the tea hut on the heath and sold pineapple cheese burgers (yes, it really worked), and the burger farm in Ladywell. Neither of which are now a going concerns.
  • Used to be a place in Blackpool by the escalators up to Palace nightclub that did Octoburgers. 8 burgers in a bun. Just onions ketchup and cheese available as condiments. Hit the spot at 3am.