Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If We Still Had Murphy

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
would we have ground out that win on Saturday with 10 men?

Comments

• ahh, hard argument Len.

Those against would say no, Murphy appreciators would say we probably would of been winning in the first place.

Think we're gonna need to let this one go. Be very interesting where he ends up because i can't see him at Spurs past January.
  • I'm not sure he'll be there by the end of this week. Spurs seemed to have offered him to several teams as part of a deal to buy this or that player. Even Wigan didn't want him...and Spurs obviously don't and that's after they've sold Carrick and Reid.

I guess his wage demands will have to fall to a realistic level.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]ahh, hard argument Len.
    Think we're gonna need to let this one go. .

probably fair to say that as a club we've given up on the luxury "buid a team round me" Murphy type player. The appointment of Dowie backs that up- i'm sure.

But in answer to the OP- nope! We would have given up!
  • Reid ball to Bent for the pen was as good as any ball Murphy played.

He's the past, Reidy the future
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Reid ball to Bent for the pen was as good as any ball Murphy played.

He's the past, Reidy the future

Might debate the first statement but spot on with the second!

Murphy- who?

But a good debate about the way the club is going!
  • edited August 2006
    Or maybe not Len!

http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=28792
  • I was impressed with Reid on Saturday and I think he can be a true Chalton hero, unlike the wishy washyness of Murphy.
  • Feck Murphy and his prissy wife!
  • edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Feck Murphy and his prissy wife!

Not sure about Murphy but his wife would be worth 30 seconds of my busy life. Although, as she is pregnant I would take a rain check for now.