Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by.

Comments

• Agree 100pc. Moving cousins out wide to accommodate him was madness from CP. Great for us two years ago. Behind Astrit, Poyet, cousins now.
  • Agreed, still have him before Green.
  • Poyet, Cousins and AA would be a good central 3.
  • Agreed, still have him before Green.

One is a right midfielder/winger and the other is a centre midfielder.......
  • Hate to admit it as he has been such a good captain but agree his time has gone
  • Give JJ the holding role and tell him to sit there. Let Cousins & Poyet do the running and AA be the creator.

JJ offers some urgency, without him I'm not sure we'd have any!
  • Thought he had a decent game today. He looked very at ease in the "new style" pass and move periods of the match.
  • Experience and goals is what he adds, two things we sorely lack.
  • Sponsored links:

• C_A_F_C said:

Experience and goals is what he adds, two things we sorely lack.

How many goals this season?
  • C_A_F_C said:

Experience and goals is what he adds, two things we sorely lack.

three goals this season?

• Only Mr.Kermorgant has scored more league goals.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Only Mr.Kermorgant has scored more league goals.

church has scored 3, would you say that if we dropped him we're gunna miss out on his goalscoring? no
  • edited February 2014

C_A_F_C said:

church has scored 3, would you say that if we dropped him we're gunna miss out on his goalscoring? no
    Church hasn't hit double figures for the last three seasons.
  • C_A_F_C said:

C_A_F_C said:

What he has done in previous seasons is irrelevant. Hales was quality for us but he ain't getting a recall any time soon.
  • C_A_F_C said:

C_A_F_C said:

what about jelavic? he had a good season he stayed, he had a shit half season he was dropped and sold, regardless of what he did before
  • nice guy but shouldn't be starting. Powell and some fans being too loyal to him.

Poyet, cousins, AA all better than him in central midfield.
  • Personally think he should be used as an impact sub, especially when he need a goal and the ball is bouncing around the area.

At Ipswich he came on, looked fresh and scored a typical Jacko goal.
  • Annoyed having seen AA today he has not started ahead of JJ before, could have worked well with Stephens
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2014

C_A_F_C said:

C_A_F_C said:

what about jelavic? he had a good season he stayed, he had a shit half season he was dropped and sold, regardless of what he did before
    Everton have options we dont.

Our best four midfielders were playing today.
  • Need his experience. The 4 today were unbalanced but not sure exactly what we do about that.
  • He was much better than any of the defenders or Sordell was.
  • I too think that Jackson is past his best now. Perhaps we should give Poyet and Cousins a run together in the middle, although there is very inexperienced. But saying that we are running out of games and the two young lads may be worth a try. Put Green on the right and Ajdarevic or Harriott on the left.
  • Worst stage of the game today came after Jackson was subbed, think in a team playing better football like we did today he will be a better player for us. Is he past his best? Yeah probably but that doesn't mean he should be out the team. Think with so many young/loan player's a leader like Jacko is vital!!!
  • If Powell thinks his experience merits him starting, can we not force other players out of position in order to do so? He is certainly not so good that Cousins being forced out wide to accomodate him makes much tactical sense to my eyes. I would personally keep him more of a substitute than a starter, he was never quick and getting slower seemingly by the game.
  • Powell has his favourites & JJ is one of them.
  • Powell needs to be careful with Jackson.

Remember Curbs loyalty to Keith Jones in our first prem league attempt. Always ends in tears
  • I don't think he's looked the same since his last injury. I'd like to see him on the bench, I still think he's got something to give but not for 90mins. I think he's often at his best when we're behind; he keeps his head up when others let theirs drop.
  • Hard to discard JJ but as said all three of AA, Diego and Jordan looked better and will from this point go on and do better still. Don't see JJ as an impact sub.