Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Terry

Hate to say it but we really need him at the World Cup? Him alongside Cahill to give us any fighting chance to get out our group

Comments

• edited February 2014
    100%

Best centre back partnership in the Prem

No doubt people will call him a scumbag etc but I honestly couldn't give a shit what he is if him and Cahill get the best out of each other in an England shirt

Especially when you look at our alternatives.
  • Thnk you are right you know. Best players on form need to go and that includes him.
  • Couldn't agree more. Couldn't really give a toss what he does off the pitch. Both the Ferdinands are c**ts anyway and the FA are bent, so bring him back, get rid of the shit like Smalling and Jones and leave those two at Centre Back
  • Defo as much as he is a low life douche bag him and cahill are miles ahead of jakelika smalling dawson ferdinand wood and morrison... 6 months to go will be here before u know it.
  • He played very well but don't forget that at Chelsea he has a class midfield in front of him that retains possession and eases the pressure on the defence - with England its constant pressure (against the good sides) because we just cannot hold the ball.
  • I'd take him.
  • He played very well but don't forget that at Chelsea he has a class midfield in front of him that retains possession and eases the pressure on the defence - with England its constant pressure (against the good sides) because we just cannot hold the ball.

Is Dorian Devite eligible for a call up?
  • I'd take him.

Too much info...
  • Sponsored links:

• I would take Terry also. Good call .
  • He's in my team too.
  • Thing is, playing for England you don't have Matic, Ramires and Luiz protecting you.
  • edited February 2014

Thing is, playing for England you don't have Matic, Ramires and Luiz protecting you.

Good point but that means the defense needs to be even more stern and organised.

They snuffed out anything City had last night and restricted them to pretty much 25 yard strikes.
  • I'd rather lose than play scum like Terry

We will either way.

John Terry is a serial underachiever in international football finals. So is Rooney, Lampard, A Cole, Milner, Barry but they will be there as ever.

I hope Hodgson has enough decency to ignore Terry.
  • Riviera said:

I'd rather lose than play scum like Terry

We will either way.

John Terry is a serial underachiever in international football finals. So is Rooney, Lampard, A Cole, Milner, Barry but they will be there as ever.

I hope Hodgson has enough decency to ignore Terry.
    Currently he has still retired from International football, so Hodgson does not have to make the decision. of course if he bruigns himself out of retirement that is different. There was a bit about him on Sunday Supplement a few weeks ago, where they were saying that he had not received any sanctions over the previous race issue at an England level and that the FA may ban him for a couple of games before he could be included in the team.

Before anyone shoots me, I am just saying what was said on Sunday supplement.

• Because we have always done so well with him?

He won't make a bit of difference. He comes up short at international level like the majority of our squad.

Reading this thread you would think he would of never played in a major tournament.

He won't make a bit of difference. He comes up short at international level like the majority of our squad.

Reading this thread you would think he would of never played in a major tournament.

Not with his defensive partner in the Premier League he hasn't.

Plus the fact he's never really let us down in a Major Tournament. Bar the Germany 4-1, we've always been pretty hard to break down.
  • Sponsored links:

Plus the fact he's never really let us down in a Major Tournament. Bar the Germany 4-1, we've always been pretty hard to break down.
    He is a known camp splitter. How do you think the squad who gained qualification will feel when Terry takes to the field in a world cup finals in Brazil knowing he turned his back while the hard work was being done?

He is just not worth the hassle. He aint as good as we make out anyway. I would much rather the squad who got us there go instead of turning another major tournament into 'the john terry show'.

He is a known camp splitter. How do you think the squad who gained qualification will feel when Terry takes to the field in a world cup finals in Brazil knowing he turned his back while the hard work was being done?

He is just not worth the hassle. He aint as good as we make out anyway. I would much rather the squad who got us there go instead of turning another major tournament into 'the john terry show'.

Getting there is a lot easier when there. Scoring goals in qualification was never our problem. It was defensive errors.

Would much rather have JT than Smalling, Jones, Jagielka.

And in terms of the squads feelings, id imagine they will feel better knowing the have Chelsea's defensive partnership behind them rather than Man United reserves.
  • Thing is, playing for England you don't have Matic, Ramires and Luiz protecting you.

Good point but that means the defense needs to be even more stern and organised.

They snuffed out anything City had last night and restricted them to pretty much 25 yard strikes.
    Did we watch the same game? City over committed and thus made Chelsea look good on the break but they also ripped Chelsea apart a number of times but were profligate in front of goal.
    Terry is slow. Much prefer Jagielka.
    However should be in the squad.
  • Currently him and Cahill appear the best partnership.

It all depends on how divided the squad is, which none of us know. If there is strong feeling within the squad of dislike for Terry amongst his peers, then its rightly a no go.

If that issue is not there, then he should be back in.

Can't stand the bloke, but fair play to him for raising his game at a point it seemed on the decline.

Did we watch the same game? City over committed and thus made Chelsea look good on the break but they also ripped Chelsea apart a number of times but were profligate in front of goal.
    Terry is slow. Much prefer Jagielka.
    However should be in the squad.
    will that be the same Jagielka that went to Man City and conceded 3?
  • edited February 2014
    Terry will be just as effective as anyone else that is my point.

We will be solid until we come against someone decent and then lose narrowly whether Terry is there or not

John Terry is not the messiah. He retired and that was his choice. John Terry is history and history most of the country want to forget.
  • Ive got no control on Terry's choice or Roy Hodgon's selection, but as a fan id feel more comfortable and confident that England will do well with a CB partnership of JT & Cahill
  • If hodgeson wants to keep his job and the dressing room he should leave Terry well behind.
  • Terry has some good qualities as a centre half but these days Grant Basey or Gary Doherty look like Usain Bolt in comparision.

He gets away with it at Chelsea because of the quality of his team mates in covering for him. He won't have that luxury in an England shirt and will be horribly exposed in my opinion.
  • I just hope that Hodgson picks all his players on form alone.
    And on form alone Terry and Cahill are the best 2 english cb's