Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Max Gradel

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=3657&headline=Addicks%20fail%20in%20attempt%20to%20land%20Max%20Gradel

CHARLTON suffered disappointment on transfer deadline day as they failed to complete a deal for former Leeds winger Max Gradel.

The Addicks are understood to have agreed a package in the region of just under £1million for the 26-year-old, now plying his trade for AS Saint-Etienne.

Gradel used his Twitter account to reveal earlier in the week that he was heading to London. It is believed that he had set his heart on a move to West Ham United.

But when a switch to Upton Park failed to materialise, Charlton tried to push for a transfer.

Gradel is understood to have had reservations about dropping into the Championship as he feared it could impact on his hopes of featuring for the Ivory Coast at this summer's World Cup.

Comments

• don't blame him. Didn't think we would sign him for a minute.
  • Least we had a go, and put sizeable chunk of money at it
  • Encouraging to know that money is available, if RD/KM/CP believe that the deal is good value.
  • So we've got a spare £1 million?
  • Uboat said:

So we've got a spare £1 million?

We should use it, like now!!!
  • hes played only 8 times this season for them, surely coming to us and ripping it up would give him more of a chance than being a sub or not even playing
  • What kinda name is Max, sod off!
  • edited January 2014
    yeh, I shit him.
    (I am prepared to retract this statement if he does in fact sign of course)
  • Becchio would've been more preferable...
  • wat is with all these shit players... god sake. i preffered the days of simon church and marvin sordell
  • Sponsored links:

• Gradel would have been by far and away our best signing. Also highly unrealistic.
  • What kinda name is Max, sod off!

It means 'the great one', so we should sign a whole team of Maxes really.