Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alnwick to Leyton Orient (ed. SOLD)

edited January 2014 in General Charlton
Got to be bullshit

Comments

• Expand?
  • Where you hearing this buddy??
  • Also report that Ben Alnwick set to join Leyton Orient is understood to be true. #cafc

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 31, 2014

Surely not?
  • really?
  • likely deal I understand!
  • wtf!!!
  • We might aswell all pack up and go to league one now
  • So far Cawley has been posting stuff that has come through... so i'm not inclined to shout 'bullshit'... What strange times we live in...
  • Yep, just seen it on Sky Sports News. Loan deal though, not a sale.
  • shit son.thats bad news
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange decision, doubt Powell agreed to it
  • We are even shipping our decent players out to league one clubs. That's bad that's really bad.

With 3 keepers powell has obviously been told to choose between Hamer and Alnwick IMO as to who must go
  • Isnt his contract up in the summer too?

yes it's a bit left field, but why wouldn't Powell have agreed to it?

• very strange - I had him above Hamer at the moment - loaned out until Thuram's loan ends?
  • J BLOCK said:

Strange decision, doubt Powell agreed to it

With 3 keepers powell has obviously been told to choose between Hamer and Alnwick IMO as to who must go
    Yes, I imagine that is so - and whilst I agree Alnwick should be starting at the moment - I'd chose Hamer too if I had a gun to my head.
  • powell probably hasnt got a say in the matter
  • edited January 2014
    TBF fair we bought in a keeper who (on paper) has a top class CV and whilst at Troyes was considered one of the best keepers in the country. I know that 'on paper' is far from the be all and end all but this isn't exactly like losing Dale or Yann.

Think Thuram will be our GK between now and the end of the season. With a run in the team, lets see what he is like.
  • edited January 2014
    So first button to Brentford now Alwick to oreint? Are we a feeder club for league one keepers?
  • Sponsored links:

• No way Powell is having any say whatsoever in transfer policy. I doubt he even knows about half of these. This is exactly what RD has done at his other clubs. We'll end up with some nobody as a manager who will be Roland's yes man and a team full of foreign loanees and freebies are sold on every year. Where's the stability in that?
  • Perhaps if he has to choose between Hamer and Alnwick he feels it is unfair to drop Alnwick now and would rather he was out on loan playing every week.
  • Well we have three goalkeepers in Thuram, Hamer and Alnwick. That's a cost too far. It can't be Thuram that we get rid of and I suspect the powers that be think Hamer has a better saleable value. In football terms it seems odd because Alnwick has looked very good but this is RD business now chaps. Plenty more odd decisions and surprises to follow in the coming weeks and months.
  • Alnwick has been our number 1 for the past 2 months. Thuram played due to Alnwick being ill at Boro. As soon as he was better he was back in the side.

What time are the squad setting off for Wigan today? We'll only be needing a mini van to take them up there at this rate.
  • I bet Powell is still at home in bed. Someone get down the ground and tell Roland to slow down a bit. I ain't finishing making me cup of tea,
  • Been one of the positives of a terrible season. Good number 2 for us, but he is a very capable number 1. Deserves a new contract, not a loan move.
  • Do find this a bit of a strange one. But as mentioned above I think it's pretty much done. I think he has played well since coming in last year. Hopefully there is a call back clause put in the contract with Hamer's injury record over the past few months.
  • Perhaps if he has to choose between Hamer and Alnwick he feels it is unfair to drop Alnwick now and would rather he was out on loan playing every week.

Come on, stop kidding yourself.
  • I don't see this as Powell's not having a say, we have 3 good keepers, one's on loan so not costing us anything, Alnwick can continue to get first team football and we still have Hamer and Thuram.

20 or so games left, doubtful that all 3 keepers will get a game here.
  • Is Hamer fit now ?