Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bloodsports

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
Discuss....

Comments

• we're definately in the middle of an international break, aren't we.......
  • yes for me, no different from normal sports
  • Hell no to that and watersports!
  • I say categorically NO. It's a cruel and unnecessary means of pest control.

As for watersports, it depends on what time of year it is. Winter is not really the time now is it?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]yes for me, no different from normal sports

No different to normal sports?? I'm no animal rights protester but I'd say there was a fairly marked difference between the two.

No for me, if you need to kill animals then should be done as humanely as possible. Shouldn't be done for fun by some half witted toff with his grandaddy's rifle or worse still 10 horse mounted half witted toffs and a whole pack of dogs - talk about a sledge hammer to crack a nut - that's just inefficient!
  • Not my bag personally but Im uncomfortable with the Government banning a centuries old traditional British pursuit which involves ALL social classes one way or the other not just toffs in red coats.

One could argue such actions prompted the march that was advertised on the sunk thread in protest at the erosion of the English (British) way of life. In rural areas the hunt was very important and provided employment too.

As I said I wouldn't hunt myself but does that give me the right to stop others doing it?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Not my bag personally but Im uncomfortable with the Government banning a centuries old traditional British pursuit which involves ALL social classes one way or the other not just toffs in red coats.

You're right Len, it does involve ALL social classes - and that is something that is alwasy trumpeted (excuse the pun) by the pro-hunters.

The thing is that it's generally the toffs on the horses, the middle classes as the "hunt followers" and your working class man who'd the terrierman, etc. Hardly a combined "sport" for all is it.

The slave trade was something that was traditionally pursued and "enjoyed" by all classes. The upper class enjoyed having the slaves, the middle classes enjoyed arranging the slave trade and the working classes enjoyed the fact that some other poor f*cker was further down the pecking order than them. Just because it's a traditional pursuit enjoyed by those with an interest doesn't make it right.

I can see absolutely no justification for it. It's not even an effective form of pest control. It's not really even directly about cruelty to animals for me - it's the thought of sick bastards actually deriving pleasure in mercilessly hounding something to the point of exhaustion whereupon it is ripped to shreads that really disgusts me.
  • Oh, Carter i don't think this thread is going the way both i interpreted it and you meant it...
  • i didn't want to be silly and talk about animal cruelty if it was about one of those crap glorified wrestling in a cage type sports you were talking about......
  • When Carter starts a Thread about Blood sports I think a lot of people have got the wrong end of the stick :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2007
    Whoops and me
  • Perhaps people should include Boxing in this thread as no-one has understood it!
  • edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Perhaps people should include Boxing in this thread as no-one has understood it!

Well stop being all smug and put us out of our misery then - there's work to be pretended to be done here!
  • [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]yes for me, no different from normal sports

No different to normal sports?? I'm no animal rights protester but I'd say there was a fairly marked difference between the two.

No for me, if you need to kill animals then should be done as humanely as possible. Shouldn't be done for fun by some half witted toff with his grandaddy's rifle or worse still 10 horse mounted half witted toffs and a whole pack of dogs - talk about a sledge hammer to crack a nut - that's just inefficient!

you're right Leaburn, it is time muslims were stopped from ritual slaughter of animals in the name of religion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Perhaps people should include Boxing in this thread as no-one has understood it!

Well stop being all smug and put us out of our misery then - there's work to be pretended to be done here!

LOL
  • Oooopps. Whooosh!!

In that case - yeah, go for your life!

(By the way I agree entirely with Off-It's post on the more serious issue).
  • I've tried my hand at the watersports... but bloodsporting is not my bag!

Don't like getting my equipment all bloody.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]yes for me, no different from normal sports

you're right Leaburn, it is time muslims were stopped from ritual slaughter of animals in the name of religion.

Errrmmm, not sure that's exactly what I said and don't really know what you're talking about (religious rituals not being a strong point of mine) but yeah, I stand by the principle.
  • [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]I've tried my hand at the watersports... but bloodsporting is not my bag!

The thought of it doesn't really do it for me anyway but it's the mess from watersports that concerns me the most - by the time I'd finished covering the room in plastic sheeting I think the moment would have passed!
  • I best not fan the flames here but I was tossing a red herring with this..

[cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I say categorically NO. It's a cruel and unnecessary means of pest control.

As for watersports, it depends on what time of year it is. Winter is not really the time now is it?

It's a bit of a 'double-entendre' and meant in the juvenile sense. However I am downright impressed with some members mature take on what was essentially a thinly veiled smutty schoolboy joke!

I'm now chuckling more than one should at the responses now!!

Sorry! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]I've tried my hand at the watersports... but bloodsporting is not my bag!

The thought of it doesn't really do it for me anyway but it's the mess from watersports that concerns me the most - by the time I'd finished covering the room in plastic sheeting I think the moment would have passed!

how very noble of you being house proud !!!!
  • Killing isn't a sport.

If you are hunting something you are going to eat then fine - if you don't have unnecessary suffering of course.
  • i've always thought that by sticking my weapon into a bush and it coming and with blood on it is very "cavemanish" and takes us back to our roots
  • Cat n pigeons time.

As an effective pest control Fox Hunting is actually better then shooting or poisoning.

A fox will be killed far quicker at the jaws of a pack of beagles than shooting, where they can walk around wounded for days, before dying of loss of blood or septicaemia, or by poisoning which again can take hours to fully take effect.

As a pure sport however its a no go as far as I'm concerned as the sight of a fox being pulled apart is pretty offensive.

IMO The reason we are so anti Fox Hunting is because you're able to see the outcome, whilst you don't get to see an animal taking days to die a horrible painful death in a woods somewhere where its fled after being shot......
  • I agree that i don't like animals killed for the sake of killing but at the same time don't feel i have a right to tell people how they should and shouldn't behave. I'm happy with the anaseed hunts that go on nowadays

As for Watersports... Bit of a webtrend at the moment to film and upload to youtube your reaction to ****(PLEASE NOTE THIS WEBSITE IS VERY VERY NSFW)**** 2girls1cup.com ****(PLEASE NOTE THIS WEBSITE IS VERY VERY NSFW)****
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]When Carter starts a Thread about Blood sports I think a lot of people have got the wrong end of the stick :-)
    How big is the stick, typically?
  • D'oh! Thought we were being serious for a min...

Makes Salad's quote "
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]If you are hunting something you are going to eat then fine
    " all the funnier!!
  • I personaly think it's disgusting, it's just not meant to be done.

That being said, a bit of fox killing and pigeon shooting is fine by me.

• As for watersports, it depends on what time of year it is. Winter is not really the time now is it?
    I'm against it all year round, I just don't want to get the inside of my boat wet.
  • Watersports are fine but I try to avoid logs, which can be very damaging to my canoe