Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

edited September 2019 in General Charlton
A new year, a new takeover thread.

Like those who have bravely run before it before going off at a tangent, this is the latest inception.

So we'll start it off with the latest summarised position.

- In October, rumours of advanced interest / due dilligence being carried out began. It was believed to be an American group.

- Two weeks on (Oct/Nov) the SLP run a story on a potential takeover, which suggested it was very advanced. Potentially correct, but raised questions on full accuracy (UK group) and how the SLP got the story (it 'appears' leaked from the Charlton board), baring in mind the club banned the SLP last year for running a similar story on the Koc interest. Were they seeking to encourage a second group who had rumoured to shwe interest?

- In November, suggestions then began to circulate that the American group were Snider/Comcast. This was then confused by others suggesting it was Josh Harris / Apollo. Mentions of a second interested group, believed to be Germans, but with little certainty

- 28 November, Daily Mail picks up the Harris name and publishes, stating that talks were at an advanced stage

- 11 December, Daily Mail announces that Harris is set to withdraw his interest in the club.

- 27 December, Daily Mail announces Roland Duchatelet had 'agreed a deal' for a cut-price £14m, though no official confirmation this is a concluded deal emerge.

- 28th December. Club CONFIRM talks with Roland D, with Slater saying "Very constructive discussions are ongoing which we hope to conclude soon.”

- Since then, speculative talk has continued of a potential 2nd and 3rd interested party, though there is no clear knowledge that either of these have advanced particularly

- Alongside that, speculative talk has circulated that the structure of the loans (current board & previous board) / mortgages, and the preferrential order in which these are repaid on new investment, could potentially be an additional complication and source of delay

- Nothing of a serious note though has suggested that the original bid with Roland D ISN'T progressing, and there were suggestions this morning (2nd Jan) he was present at club offices and being shown around.

- 2nd Jan (pm) SLP reporting deal as completed

So there it is. Where it goes from here we'll have to wait and see....

Please try and keep this one on the right subject track, ta

Comments

• I've got a good feeling that this thread may be the one that comes good.
  • edited January 2014
    all still on and full steam ahead

aint it ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Can someone who lives near by the Valley quickly run down to the main reception to wait for the Belgian and his on-triage to leave the building...............SIMPLES!!!
  • I just want this takeover to go through, sign our best players up to new contracts, send sordell back and sign Le Fondre!
  • edited January 2014
    ***PRECIOUS DICTATOR ALERT***

Sorry to be the bore, but I think it would be helpful to most people to have one thread that concentrates on actual fact / rumour and stays on topic, rather than gets 95% filled with chit-chat, piss taking and off topic stuff. We've dozens of other threads to have a laugh in.

I've deleted out all the unlinked comments, and i've added to the summary history at the top with the previous stuff.

Please try and keep this one boring on topic as i could do without going to extra effort to maintain it that way, cheers
  • Jeez AFKA started this thread with the best of intentions but within half an hour it looks like a standard joke thread already.....

Early doors banter I'm sure it'll settle down, patience :-)
  • This thread could be rather sexy indeed. I like it already.

Might be a bit more if interesting if they take another 'any moment now' buyer out of the pile they have in reserve to create some different thoughts to gee things along. Perhaps, having done USA and Belgium to death, I could put forward Hawaii I'm told its a great place to visit. We could all wear those Lei's round our necks as a handy place to keep our sandwiches.
  • Third time lucky
  • Praying that this is "the one"

• relax and chil ya new year beans all is still good in da hood we have nowt to fear and a lot to cheer going forward
  • Sponsored links:

• I've had a scout sent out with a long lens and can confirm, RD is at the Valley today.
  • relax and chil ya new year beans all is still good in da hood we have nowt to fear and a lot to cheer going forward

You seem chipper mate. What you heard then?

• that we have nothing to worry about and January should be good
  • Is the Ukrainian besquillionnaire playing now aswell?

Ivan Extrabolok wasn't it?
  • dont know who it is but I would guess its the Belgian chap
  • I will comment when I know my comment won't be deleted.
  • Airman is clearly online now - so I would say to him that if you know the Belgian has had a tour of the Valley , please don't post on this thread. Nobody can get in trouble that way and we can read what is happening. If you don't know or know he hasn't had a tour, please post something which doesn't mention this here. I'll get my straight jacket now!!!
  • Airman is clearly online now - so I would say to him that if you know the Belgian has had a tour of the Valley , please don't post on this thread. Nobody can get in trouble that way and we can read what is happening. If you don't know or know he hasn't had a tour, please post something which doesn't mention this here. I'll get my straight jacket now!!!

But that would be a genuine and serious response, so he should post it? I can't keep up with the new rules.

• I just worried that he doesn't want to cause any trouble for anybody so giving an option of him telling us what he knows by doing nothing, which nobody can get in trouble for :)
  • I don't know. The view inside the club has been that it is happening since last week - I'm told he met Chris Powell - which is why you got the done deal stories. However, there were still hurdles to jump, including RBS. There is also one other party banging on the door. I would not be surprised if it was announced imminently, but equally ...
  • Sponsored links:

???????????

• Here we go....
  • Deal done according to the Valley site..
  • Into The Valley site.
  • Bloody hell AFKA, Some of us were still mourning the passing of old takeover thread and now you've killed son of takeover thread.

Hope grandson of takeover thread escapes your ruthless clutches a while longer :-)
  • edited January 2014
    SL fan on ITTV saying it is possible Biton and Ajdarevic will be loaned to us. The former a better player than the latter apparently.
  • Well now nobody is posting anything at all, and that's even more unsettling than people posting nonsensical ramblings
  • on ITTV from cafc1983:

'Same source has confirmed the deal is done and an announcement should follow in the next 24/48 hours - expect some liege loan signings to follow shortly after'

Astrit Ajdarevic to be one those and maybe David Biton. Neither have traveled with Liege to their winter break training camp.

I'm not ITK. Just pretending.