Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brett Lee v Piers Morgan

No love for the tweerp Morgan but fair shout here showing big cahonies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePx61TkXKY#t=235

Comments

• Brett Lee was aiming at Piers Morgan & not at the stumps until the last ball
  • I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand I am obviously happy to see Piers Morgan in any amount of discomfort, on the other hand being a big cricket fan I am not really sure what point this proved.
  • Useless Aussies can never be trusted when it really matters.
  • I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand I am obviously happy to see Piers Morgan in any amount of discomfort, on the other hand being a big cricket fan I am not really sure what point this proved.

Nothing that we didn't know already. Morgan is a berk and he can't bat.
  • edited January 2014
    @ers.

Morgan is a publicity crazed twat and Lee should be ashamed of himself - as Richard Hadlee said himself - for trying to injure a bloke who would not make a village 4th XI.

What next? Vladimir Klitschko knocking seven tonnes of shit out of Noel Edmonds in a charity three-rounder?

Would not mind if Lee bowled six Yorkers but he was massively over stepping the line to get closer to Morgan and trying to hit him whilst bowling flat out.

Disgraceful and very, very dangerous.

• Would have much preferred Lee to bowl deliberate yorkers in at his feet to break his toes. Failing that, give me the bat and I'll gladly knock seven bells out sh*t out of him.
  • The most exciting thing to happen in cricket ever. If they played the game like this every match I'd watch the sport!

I think it proved the fact that though it might look easy from a seat in front of the telly, or indeed a seat on the Lords benches, facing fast and very hostile bowling is NOT the thing for everyman .. it is dangerous, difficult and potentially deadly despite all the body armour, helmets and gloves
  • @ers.

Morgan is a publicity crazed twat and Lee should be ashamed of himself - as Richard Hadlee said himself - for trying to injure a bloke who would not make a village 4th XI.

What next? Vladimir Klitschko knocking seven tonnes of shit out of Noel Edmonds in a charity three-rounder?

Would not mind if Lee bowled six Yorkers but he was massively over stepping the line to get closer to Morgan and trying to hit him whilst bowling flat out.

Lee reckoned he was at 80% , Piers was padded up and no one got hurt.
    Just a bit of Aussie fun, making a pom squirm. We banned blood sports, I'm sure, given time, the uncivilized parts of the world will follow our lead.

Its a same our bowlers never made the tour.
  • Morgan is a phone hacker.....I think it's a shame Lee didn't really hit him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know naff-all about cricket, but isn't the bowler supposed to aim for the stumps?
  • I know naff-all about cricket, but isn't the bowler supposed to aim for the stumps?

No. Nothing in the laws of the game say that.
  • Not allowed to do what Lee did though.
  • edited January 2014

@ers.

You having a laugh?

Morgan is a loudmouth who constantly makes a complete fool of himself with the things he says. Now and then he is challenged to back up his comments and if you want to continue saying whatever you like you must face up to these challenges.
    He didn't have to accept Lee's offer but his ego wouldn't let it go. He was right to do so. Where he went wrong was to go on TMS at lunchtime and tell Jonathan Agnew what a competent cricketer he was, and dropped loads of names he'd played against and with. He then looked like someone who had NEVER played any sort of cricket at all. He ran to square leg and Lee, quite rightly, followed him. Morgan had said that and Englishman should stand up to the Aussies and not be quitters like Trott and Swann(his words). He said he would stand up but he didn't, he ran away. If he was as good as he said he washe would have been able to get in line and fend off the ball with his bat but he showed no ability at all.
    So he ended up getting hit and humiliated but still tried to make out afterwards that he had stood up to Lee. All he did was confirm what 94% of the sensible people think he is.
    Live by the gob, die by the gob.
  • I just thought that it was very very funny.
  • Not allowed to do what Lee did though.

Yes you are! Not every ball but you can bowl AT the batsmen if you want. Anyway it wasn't a game of cricket was it so no laws governed it.
  • Morgan did break a rib.

If he stepped towards off, they would have been wides
  • Didn't matter where he went....Lee was going to bowl at him.
  • Simonsen said:

Didn't matter where he went....Lee was going to bowl at him.

And quite correctly too.
  • I think it would've been best to not get penis the publicity he craved.

I like Gillespie's comment, if Lee had seriously hurt him, Warne was there to give him mouth to mouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Not allowed to do what Lee did though.

Yes you are! Not every ball but you can bowl AT the batsmen if you want. Anyway it wasn't a game of cricket was it so no laws governed it.
    Well thats my point, Lee aimed ball after ball at Morgan. After the second one an umpire would have a word with the bowler. Deliberately trying to hurt the batsman is hardly in the spirit of the game.

Lee could have bowled at the stumps, six dollies at half speed and still got Morgan out six times. I think that would have made Lee the bigger man but then thats the Aussie mentality, its not just enough to beat you, its better to add a bit of humiliation.
  • Riviera said:

Well thats my point, Lee aimed ball after ball at Morgan. After the second one an umpire would have a word with the bowler. Deliberately trying to hurt the batsman is hardly in the spirit of the game.

Lee could have bowled at the stumps, six dollies at half speed and still got Morgan out six times. I think that would have made Lee the bigger man but then thats the Aussie mentality, its not just enough to beat you, its better to add a bit of humiliation.
    I think you've missed the whole point of the event.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I think you've missed the whole point of the event.
    No, dont think I have.
  • Morgan said England's batsmen were scared of Australia's fast aggressive bowling and were quitters. He said an Englishman needed to stand up to them. Brett Lee said put your money where you mouth is, metaphorically speaking. He failed. Simple as that. It's got nothing to do with umpires, imitadatory bowling, Law 42 or cricket at all really. It's about a gobshite getting his just deserts.
  • Was actually refreshing to see a bit of raw, brutal TV with no health and safety sugarcoating.

• Even Jeremy Clarkson managed to hit the twerp
  • Riviera said:

Morgan said England's batsmen were scared of Australia's fast aggressive bowling and were quitters. He said an Englishman needed to stand up to them. Brett Lee said put your money where you mouth is, metaphorically speaking. He failed. Simple as that. It's got nothing to do with umpires, imitadatory bowling, Law 42 or cricket at all really. It's about a gobshite getting his just deserts.

Its about, pathetic attention seeking from two over inflated egos.

• Riviera said:

@ers.

You having a laugh?

Morgan is a loudmouth who constantly makes a complete fool of himself with the things he says. Now and then he is challenged to back up his comments and if you want to continue saying whatever you like you must face up to these challenges.
    He didn't have to accept Lee's offer but his ego wouldn't let it go. He was right to do so. Where he went wrong was to go on TMS at lunchtime and tell Jonathan Agnew what a competent cricketer he was, and dropped loads of names he'd played against and with. He then looked like someone who had NEVER played any sort of cricket at all. He ran to square leg and Lee, quite rightly, followed him. Morgan had said that and Englishman should stand up to the Aussies and not be quitters like Trott and Swann(his words). He said he would stand up but he didn't, he ran away. If he was as good as he said he washe would have been able to get in line and fend off the ball with his bat but he showed no ability at all.
    So he ended up getting hit and humiliated but still tried to make out afterwards that he had stood up to Lee. All he did was confirm what 94% of the sensible people think he is.
    Sorry, I must have missed the bit when the ICC made it mandatory for Professional cricketers to deliver retribution to any loud mouth braggart who shoot off at the mouth. When did that happen?

Piers Morgan has NOTHING TO DO WITH CRICKET, his views are totally irrelevant and he only says all this crap so as to generate publicity for himself and his struggling TV show - so why give him the attention he craves? Why not just ignore the man, who gives a toss what he thinks?

As for Lee, if he says he was bowling at 80% then that is bullshit, he was running in at full pelt and still deliberately running through the crease so he could bowl from closer tp Morgan and have a better chance of hitting him - yeah, what a tough man he must be.

Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at your views on this as you clearly know the game very well, certainly better than Piers Morgan!
  • It's like Alan Shearer taking penalties against Eamon Holmes.

Completely fucking pointless
  • Riviera said:

@ers.

You having a laugh?

Sorry, I must have missed the bit when the ICC made it mandatory for Professional cricketers to deliver retribution to any loud mouth braggart who shoot off at the mouth. When did that happen?

Piers Morgan has NOTHING TO DO WITH CRICKET, his views are totally irrelevant and he only says all this crap so as to generate publicity for himself and his struggling TV show - so why give him the attention he craves? Why not just ignore the man, who gives a toss what he thinks?

As for Lee, if he says he was bowling at 80% then that is bullshit, he was running in at full pelt and still deliberately running through the crease so he could bowl from closer tp Morgan and have a better chance of hitting him - yeah, what a tough man he must be.

Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at your views on this as you clearly know the game very well, certainly better than Piers Morgan!
    As I have said already...... The whole incident has NOTHING to do with cricket. So why you mention the ICC is beyond me.
    It was hilarious and Morgan got what he deserved. As Michael Vaughn said, Morgan was lucky it was Brett Lee as although he can still chuck it down at 90mph, he doesn't have a nasty streak in him like others do.
    It the modern world of instant global social media this sort of challenge will become more commonplace. Hopefully it may teach a few to think before they speak, or in this case- tweet.