Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Zola has resigned

Comments

• West Brom bound
  • Chris Powell a potential Watford target maybe...
  • curbs for watford
  • edited December 2013
    The Wendies for Zola ???
  • Zola lives in Bromley. Easy drive to Sparrows Lane : - )

If his team had turned up v Palace in the play-off final how things might have been different. Such is the life of the football manager.
  • Valley bound
  • edited December 2013
    Another cheeky chappie smiley friendly foreigner who is a failure as a manager .. the thought that he will get any job let alone with a 'big' club is preposterous
  • edited December 2013
    It is all a bit much isn't it?
    Funny how the TV interviews give managers a default setting. Pardew slimy, Lee Clarke poor bloke always seems so depressed, Flitcroft breathlessly hopeful, Dyche, a man entering terminal laryngitis, Russell Slade Mr Cheerful, Zola seems permanently bemused as if he always at a loss to explain things.
    I'm enjoying the Brighton manager too, absolute class facial expressions.
  • Chris Powell a potential Watford target maybe...

I doubt he'd want to work with the Pozzo model of being given players.

I feel for Zola - the fact he has quit rather than wait for a pay-off says a lot!

We have just missed Vydra and the injured Abdi for their ability to turn defence into attack ASAP.

Just been found out too often and the new players brought in haven't worked out (most are subs at best) and there was a change in coaching staff which maybe affected things on the management side as Zola brought in somebody with no experience..(a mate)

We won't be able afford somebody like Di Canio (thankfully) or Di Matteo (on 140k from Chelsea?) and will a British manager want to work with the model we have?

Probably be someone unknown who takes all season to work out the division...and wants to bring in another load of players.

• Sponsored links:

• I can think of a former Watford player who is in an unrewarding work situation at present.
  • How long will Oscar Garcia stay at Brighton? So far the fashion for appointing exotic foreign coaches in the Championship hasn't been terribly successful, virtually all the promoted teams during the last few years have been with British managers.
  • ^^^^ A very realistic, insightful post from a Watford fan .. Zola was 'made' by his loan signings .. he's been found out when it comes to scrambling in the dirt with the rest of the boys
  • Powell to Watford
    Curbs to West Brom
    Zola to Spurs
    AVB to lead the new "Charlton Project"
  • Powell to Watford
    Curbs to West Brom
    Zola to Spurs
    AVB to lead the new "Charlton Project">

please please no no .. come back Dowie .. all is forgiven

• ^^^^ A very realistic, insightful post from a Watford fan .. Zola was 'made' by his loan signings .. he's been found out when it comes to scrambling in the dirt with the rest of the boys

Most of the loan players did sign - just not the best one and the other decent guy has been injured.

The ones we brought in this summer have hardly played or done anything of note.

Lewis McGugan probably been the best...

I'd be hard pressed to name a 123 for Player Of the Season for example...

We've only got 11 points at home - says it all.

I suspect Sean Dyche is giggling somewhere!

• edited December 2013

^^^^ A very realistic, insightful post from a Watford fan .. Zola was 'made' by his loan signings .. he's been found out when it comes to scrambling in the dirt with the rest of the boys

Most of the loan players did sign - just not the best one and the other decent guy has been injured.

indeed .. it shows how much difference (I am really stating the obvious here) a top class striker (or 2) makes
    .. Vydra was a sensation last season as was Abdi with Deeney and Forestieri feeding off them .. McGugan looked sensational with Forest at times, so many terrific strikes on goal even if a shade inconsistent. Goals mean confidence throughout the team. No goals = fear and doubt .. we at CAFC have the same problem. I have seen Burnley a bit this season .. Dyche has got them buzzing .. they are a really do or die and together outfit .. let's hope it lasts
  • Was surprised by this, more so than AVB or Clarke TBH.
    It struck me the other day that there is actually a young coach who we've had here and is currently at Brighton who might be a good bet for a lot of these sort of positions -Nathan Jones. Did a fab job with our U21 squad last season, and he played in Spain and can speak Spanish. Reckon he would fit in well at Watford, though no idea if he's on the radar.
  • rananegra said:

Was surprised by this, more so than AVB or Clarke TBH.
    It struck me the other day that there is actually a young coach who we've had here and is currently at Brighton who might be a good bet for a lot of these sort of positions -Nathan Jones. Did a fab job with our U21 squad last season, and he played in Spain and can speak Spanish. Reckon he would fit in well at Watford, though no idea if he's on the radar.

Coincidently his name came up on the U21s v Cardiff thread. Would like to see him back at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

You only had to beat Leeds on the final day and then Palace in the final, that said it was his first season, very harsh that he's not been able to ride the storm out.

Dave Jones will do a job for yers, lol

• Maybe we could sign Zola up as a player!!
  • Maybe we could sign Zola up as a player!!

Will he pass the height test?
  • !

Dave Jones will do a job for yers, lol

One of the refreshing things about Zola was that he wasn't always looking for excuses...which Dave Jones is an expert at/

;)

I suppose he has paid for the relative success of last season.

As I say losing a 20 goal a season man and or top play maker without replacing them hardly helped.

Our away form is fairly solid but we have lost 5 in a row at home so the fans have got restless which is unusual for our lot.

• edited December 2013

Powell to Watford
    Curbs to West Brom
    Zola to Spurs
    AVB to lead the new "Charlton Project"

Hmmm, I think on balance, I would rather be stuck in the back of a car on a long hot stuffy journey surrounded by the Brockman kids in an iratable mood!
  • Watford confirm ex-Chievo boss Giuseppe Sannino as new head coach
  • Giuseppe's fourth job in 2 years bodes well for them to join the relegation fight.