Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sir Alex Ferguson Way

Man United have renamed a street near Old Traff called "Sir Alex Ferguson Way" to go with "Sir Matt Busby Way". We have "Sam Bartram Close" behind the Jimmy Seed Stand. Spurs have "Bill Nicholson Way". There is aslo "Sir Bobby Robson Way" in Newcastle.

So it's mainly Way that is used apart from Close in our case. But Norwich are going to name a road near their ground and using the term "Avenue" and that term will "Letsbee Avenue".

Comments

• TJ has applied for a new road round the back "Avenue On"
  • edited October 2013
    Rumour has it Sol Campbell lives on, and regularly strolls the Bourneville Boulevard
  • Don't know if it's actually true but someone told me that man city considered naming an end after their former player Colin bell.
    The bell end.
  • Don't know if it's actually true but someone told me that man city considered naming an end after their former player Colin bell.
    The bell end.

They did a poll for the name of the new home end at their new ground and it got high jacked as rival fans voted for Colin Bell. I think one of the sides stands ended up being called the Colin Bell stand as City fans rightly complained after the club scrapped the poll.
  • edited October 2013
    Brian Clough Way in Nottingham .. just remembered .. Bill Nicholson Way outside W H Lane
  • and there's Clive Sullivan Way in Hull, named after a Rugby League 'legend' (who no-one south of Leeds has ever heard of)
  • What about Sam Bartram Close?
  • ^^^ mentioned in the original post
  • Brian Clough Way in Nottingham .. just remembered .. Bill Nicholson Way outside W H Lane

Think it's the road from Nottingham to Derby.

and there's Clive Sullivan Way in Hull, named after a Rugby League 'legend' (who no-one south of Leeds has ever heard of)

Not sure why you write "Rugby League 'legend' " he clearly was a rugby league legend.
  • There's a John Charles Way at Elland Road
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Rumour has it Sol Campbell lives on, and regularly strolls the Bourneville Boulevard

Hahahaha, I've just spat my tea all over my monitor. Thank you for giving me a giggle this morning lol.
  • There's a Frank Burton Close in Charklton as well, just off Victoria Way at the Woolwich Road end.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Burton_(footballer_born_1891)
  • didn't we used to have the Dennis Rommedahl Cul de Sac?
  • Macronate said:

didn't we used to have the Dennis Rommedahl Cul de Sac?

Thought it was more of a blind alley.
  • Plenty of curbs in & around Charlton! (sorry)
  • What about Salmon Rise , Mendonca Mews , or Rufus walk.
  • Phil Walker Walk?

I suppose Blackburn could have Jordan Rhodes Road...
  • Could be frustrating walking down sar way thinking you've got to the end only to find theres another 5 mins to go
  • Someone named a road after Crystal Palace...

• JohnBoyUK said:

Someone named a road after Crystal Palace...

Fantastic! although that might be a tad rich coming from Charlton after we shared grounds with them!

• Sponsored links:

• I might be missing an obvious one but i don't get the Sol Campbell one?