Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• Totally agree with one of the earlier posters who said it's all subjective. A couple on here have said they don't like Russell Howard, i saw him live 2-3 years ago and thought he was hilarious. Some have said Micky Flanagan, i thought he was brilliant. Someone then said they thought Russell Brand was brilliant, i think he's f*cking useless.
  • Russell Brand and Will Self!
  • I have to agree with saying Noel Fielding. What is his appeal ?
  • Dislikes:

McIntyre
    Brand (R)
    Miranda (though thought she was ok in "Not Going Out")
    Chris Addison (another who laughs at everything he says himself).

Current favs:

Sean Locke
    Milton Jones
    Mark Steel.
  • Only 2 stand up comedians make me laugh and that's lee Evans and Rhod Gilbert.all the others to many to mention are absolute crap.Michael McIntyre for one is so unfunny and overrated.
  • Peter Kay, which is strange as I find Phenoix Nights hilarious.
    Jo Brand. "I'm fat, I hate men and I eat cake." hilarious...
    Phil Jupitus. I guess he's also a palace fan?

I guess I'm the only Lenny Henry fan!
  • I actually quite like Jo Brand. I don't find her particularly amusing though which I suppose defeats the point. Jim Davidson's stand up leaves me cold, but I used to like him on Big Break... actually most 70s comedians leave me cold, even the fondly remembered greats like Frank Carson. The only comedian from that era that persistently cracks me up is Dave Allen - genius. Rich Hall is the funniest man alive today.

That hairy wife-beater who used to partner Alan Carr is the least funny "comedian" of all time, even before the stories about him came out.
  • I like all comedians to a certain extent. Lot of bottle to do what they do, some of them are funnier than others. Racist, sexist stag do type performers are embarrassing, but I have to admit to chuckling along sometimes - much to my shame. I have a really broad sense of humour, so I count myself really lucky.
  • I don't like Russel Howard. Prick.
  • I tend to agree that women comedians are not very funny but have always thought Joan Rivers was the best out of the lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Current favs:

Milton Jones

Went to see him on Saturday. Got the tickets about 6 months ago (actually by mistake, as I got him mixed up with someone else). Really enjoyed it. One of the best bits was he came on as the first support act, pretending to be his Grandad................

• Current favs:

Milton Jones

Went to see him on Saturday. Got the tickets about 6 months ago (actually by mistake, as I got him mixed up with someone else). Really enjoyed it. One of the best bits was he came on as the first support act, pretending to be his Grandad................
    ...my other grandfather...

Milton Jones is hilarious - and likeable with it.
  • How long until every comedian is listed due to the variety of tastes on here?
  • Dont find john bishop funny at all obvious observations making putting a pram in a car a 45 minute routine.. Used to hate michael mcyntyre too but he has grown on me and some of his stuff cracks me up now.
  • Peter_G said:

Stan Boardman. Did some half time cracks when Liverpool beat us 4-1 in a Lge Cup replay at Anfield in '96. Complete twat.

Also did a set at half time at the Valley once. Got booed off when he embarked on some racist shit.
  • Anyone who relies upon the F word in their act, pathetic.

• The public school toff who pretends to be a pub landlord with a working class name but clearly has only patronised west end wine bars and that other public school toff who thinks he is funny because his collar is turned up at an amusing angle.

Had more laughs with my ex-wife's lesbian lover.

Who's the 2nd one?
  • Granpa said:

Anyone who relies upon the F word in their act, pathetic.

Pathetic starts with a P
  • I don't get on with women comedians generally, but there are some notable exceptions. A Victoria Wood gig I saw early 90s remains, 20 years on, one of the funniest I've ever seen. I saw Joan Rivers last year, she'd lost it a bit but can still get her audience holding their sides. Nina Conti's ventriloquist act is one of the most original and funny things out there, although it's better in stand up than in that sitcom thing she got involved with, and Ava Vidal can be brilliant at her best.

Miranda, Jo Caulfield, Shappi Korsandhi, Kathryn Ryan, Lucy Porter - hang your head in shame.

As for the fellas, any of the Jim Davidson/Stan Boardman set of course. Noel Fielding, just not funny. Jack Whitehall - a comedic actor, in no way a standup. Paddy McGuinness - how has this untalented twat made such a name for himself? Lenny Henry, Jon Richardson (desperately disappointing), Lee Evans (not my cup of tea).

PS. Agree with Clem - Greg Davies is bloody hilarious.

PPS. Sell your house to go watch Jimeoin, funniest guy on the circuit by some distance.
  • Jon Richardson stand-up is painful
  • Sponsored links:

• Miranda, Millican, McIntyre, Russell Howard/Kane, Andy Parsons Jack Whitehall. Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain annoy me too. The best stand-ups are all a) American and b) dead.
  • edited October 2013
    Think half the problem with this is that most people judge comedians on what they see of them on TV, either in sit-coms or panel shows. Yes some of them pull the role off well but generally they are much better live.

Classic example for me is Omid Djalili. His TV work is terrible, but his stand up is brilliant.
  • I'm probably most suited to Jack Dee
  • Or Jack Duckworth
  • The Chuckle Brothers
  • Dave Benson Phillips
  • Martin Allen
  • Alan Pardew
  • Gina Yashere
  • Bless you