Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• Agree with quite a few on here, regarding females. The worst for me has to be the geordie bint with the glasses.

I've never hit a woman in my life, but god help me.................................
  • Agree with quite a few on here, regarding females. The worst for me has to be the geordie bint with the glasses.

I've never hit a woman in my life, but god help me.................................

I'm assuming this is a line from your own stand-up act
  • Yeh I don't like Leigh Francis but think just jealous of character Keith lemons job.
  • That guy with the really big teeth that appears on panel shows, the name escapes me.
  • Agree on Ricky Gervais, not really a comedian though. I find a lot of comedy on tv really unfunny now, maybe I'm of an age where it's not aimed at me. A lot of the stuff aimed at a younger audience I just don't think is very funny. I'm also quite happy to be offended if it is funny (some but not all of Frankie Boyle comes to mind) but don't really like the sort of comedy that just laughs at other peoples misfortune without trying to do anything else (hence I don't like Ricky Gervais).
    Most laugh out loud comedian I ever saw was Bill Bailey - doing a musical joke about digeridoos, it was the moment as much as anything else, but I was in creases for ages after that and even thinking about it has brought a smile to my face. But someone else could have been there and not laughed at all.
    I don't find Miranda funny, wouldn't say I hate it, just not really bothered. Ditto most comedians on TV. I also think we see a different side to a lot of comics on TV, hardly ever see one live these days, but it's a very different art form as I think someone said. Keeping a room full of drunks going is a skill.
  • Gervais is pure marmite.

Stand up I can mostly leave but some of his TV work draws me in. The latest, "Derek" had me in stitches at points but in other respects was beautifully honest about a subject not immediately open to comedy but relevant to us all, getting old and dying.
  • Agree on Stewart Lee, he is excellent. Josh Widdecombe auntie Ann is funnier, Sean Walsh sounds like Alan Partridge without the cringe factor. McIntyre, Millican, Miranda. Please don't give her laptop back.
  • Can't deny the success of Ricky Gervais.

Considering how late he broke into comedy he's an inspiration to suggest anything's possible at any age.
  • Another vote for Shappi Khorsandi.....
  • Another vote for Shappi Khorsandi.....

Too true, i'd have to fuck her to show her what real comedy is about...
  • Sponsored links:

• Its a very interesting subject but its worth remembering that there are such a wide range of comedians out there and there are huge differences between them.

I love Stewart Lee, but is he really a comedian anyway? I would say he is much more of a thinker and commentator who just happens to also be very funny - he covers subjects and issues that most other comedians would not go near.

Of course, that's not everyone's cup of tea and they prefer people who can deliver observational humor and one-liners such as Michael McIntyre, its amazing how some people can find a particular comedian hilarious whilst the same comic can leave another person totally cold.

Its funny though, my Dad used to loathe Bob Monkhouse, he could not stand him, but one year his firm booked Monkhouse for their Christmas dinner party and my Dad said that he was an absolute master on stage and totally different to his schmaltzy TV persona.
  • When I was at school this kid I knew ended up on Family Fortunes when Monkhouse presented it and he said he had them all in stitches in the warm up before hand. Never liked his TV patter but I've heard similar stories about him from a couple of people who saw him live.
    Agree about Shappi Khorsandi, really not funny. She must have a good agent to be on TV so much. There's more laughs to be had in a post-match thread on here.
  • DanDavis said:

Can't believe we have got this far down and no one has mentioned Russell Howard. Dreadful.

No one has mentioned him because this post is unfunny comedians not the funniest comedians Russell Howard is quality

• There you have it folks, the above post/quote sums up comedy
  • James Corden is a cringe for me

Who the hell is Russell Kane , I remember the name from Capital Radios "flying eye"
  • James Corden is a cringe for me

Who the hell is Russell Kane , I remember the name from Capital Radios "flying eye"

James Corden - exactement!

• I swear he's the only fucker laughing at his jokes. You just don't do that. Laughing at your own jokes is almost forgivable if a) you only do it occasionally and b) if you're actually funny.

Useless prick.

You genuinely, word for word, could be describing me there !
    Haha! That can't be true, because with that one response you've amused me 10 times more than Chris Ramsey ever has.

• I swear he's the only fucker laughing at his jokes. You just don't do that. Laughing at your own jokes is almost forgivable if a) you only do it occasionally and b) if you're actually funny.

Useless prick.

You genuinely, word for word, could be describing me there !
    I think he was talking about stand up.

Sorry you are, didn't notice. ;-0}
  • I remember seeing a programme about the worst comedians in tv history and they mentioned this bloke, never heard of him before. During his peak in the 80's/early 90's he played to stadiums in the US. It has to be seen to be believed just how appalling he is.

Andrew `Dice' Clay....complete and utter c***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTKZRire8Wg
  • The clip above just sums up a majority of U.S comedians/audiences for me.

Agree with Ormiston regarding Stewart Lee. Top rate...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

That guy with the really big teeth that appears on panel shows, the name escapes me.

Remembered the name, Rob Beckett. Dire.
  • Freddie Starr. Give me strength.
  • edited October 2013
    Robin Ince. Only got gigs cos he was Gervais mate.
  • This fella makes me laugh and he doesnt even tell jokes! Joe Wilkinson

• The Lee Mack support surprises me. I only really see him on QI, and his "I'm stupid' approach becomes really boring really quickly, particularly as he interrupts everyone else to do it. The guy ruins that show every time he's on it!
  • Russell Brand annoys me.

Jo Brand is just massively unfunny. Saw her Live at the Apollo and she had to go off early as she got pelters, absolutely awful. Funnily enough someone I hadn't rated (Russell Howard) came on to do some extra stuff as cover and was excellent.

Don't get McIntyre at all.
  • Comedy is very subjective as discussed above, but there are 2 comedians that have not once made me smile yet:

Michael Mcintyre
    Russel Brand
  • Patrick Kielty
    Johnny Vegas
    Ed Byrne
  • He's still gigging so I'll throw this name into the ring - Roy 'Chubby' Brown. Load o' cack.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

The Lee Mack support surprises me. I only really see him on QI, and his "I'm stupid' approach becomes really boring really quickly, particularly as he interrupts everyone else to do it. The guy ruins that show every time he's on it!

QI has got shit really quickly. The people they have on there now bore the life out of me.