Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• I know it's not technically a comedian, but I cannot stand '8 out of 10 cats does countdown'. The same jokes EVERY time.
    "That's a big clock..."
    "Can I have 9 consonants?"
    "I've got a 10-letter word!!!!!!"

Unbelievable that they made more than one episode of that. Joe Wilkinson's 'character' is appallingly unfunny too.
  • JTJT
    edited October 2013
    Whilst on the subject, how bad are bbc sitcoms currently...
  • Agree with most on here. Special mention to Sarah Millican though just for her voice

• The public school toff who pretends to be a pub landlord with a working class name but clearly has only patronised west end wine bars and that other public school toff who thinks he is funny because his collar is turned up at an amusing angle.

Had more laughs with my ex-wife's lesbian lover.

• The public school toff who pretends to be a pub landlord with a working class name but clearly has only patronised west end wine bars and that other public school toff who thinks he is funny because his collar is turned up at an amusing angle.

Had more laughs with my ex-wife's lesbian lover.

We all would!
  • Phill Jupitus and Noel Fielding. Haven't watched Buzzcocks in a while thanks to these two.
  • JT said:

The Wrong Mans is pretty good. Would be excellent if it didn't have James Cordon in it!

• Talal said:

Phill Jupitus and Noel Fielding. Haven't watched Buzzcocks in a while thanks to these two.

Both great shouts.
  • Most North AMerican comedians - honourable exception for Doug Stanhope
  • JT said:

I would ask the same question, but without the 'BBC' bit. I can't think of many really great sitcoms out there right now that aren't reruns or old horses being flogged long after they died. I liked the IT Crowd when that was on, but the 'Final Episode' a few weeks back was pretty bad.

And to keep on topic, pretty much anyone whose ever been on Mock The Week ever... but since I can't see him mentioned yet, the little bald guy with the irritating voice and ginger beard. I get annoyed just by typing that!
  • Sponsored links:

• True and true
  • Funny, me and another lifer habitually refer to Jupitus as "the unfunniest man in the world" although I will say he did a lot to look after Ian Durys legacy.

Most female comics don't make me laugh at all, with the exception of Joan Rivers - I think Frankie Boyle would hesitate to do some of her stuff.
  • Funny, me and another lifer habitually refer to Jupitus as "the unfunniest man in the world" although I will say he did a lot to look after Ian Durys legacy.

I agree Jupitas is painfully unfunny, but still funnier than Russell Howard

• David Cameron
  • edited October 2013

David Cameron

Ed Milliband

;0)
  • Got to agree with those who've mentioned Professional Geordie Chris Ramsay.
    I swear he's the only fucker laughing at his jokes. You just don't do that. Laughing at your own jokes is almost forgivable if a) you only do it occasionally and b) if you're actually funny. This guy looks like his head's going to burst and he'll piss all over the floor every time he opens his mouth, yet I'm still waiting for him to even make me smirk.
    Useless prick.
  • "Russell Brand is possibly the best comedian in the country right now. Certainly top three."

What?? Beg to differ. Nothing he has ever uttered has seemed remotely amusing to me. I don't hate him he is just not in the least bit funny and surely the point of a comedian is to make you laugh.

I'm surprised nobody has nominated one-trick pony Ricky Gervais, who can only resort to taking the p*ss out of whoever these days.
  • J BLOCK said:

Jo Brand

Joe Brand's act is based on the fact that she's fat and ugly once that piece of self debasement is has been seen there is little else.
  • Another vote for Chris Ramsey here.

Also Russell Kane...can't stand him!
  • edited October 2013

Lenny bleedin' Henry - shockingly unfunny.

And I don't like to speak ill of the dead but my all time least favourite has to be Bob Monkhouse, sickeningly smarmy and utterly unamusing!

I saw him (Monkhouse) live once at a works dinner, he did a two hour routine he was absolutely brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't really get miranda but I think thats a gender thing

Catherine Tate was funny and knocked it on the head at the right time

I don't think Russel Howard is funny at all
  • Mel and Sue.

• I swear he's the only fucker laughing at his jokes. You just don't do that. Laughing at your own jokes is almost forgivable if a) you only do it occasionally and b) if you're actually funny.

Useless prick.

You genuinely, word for word, could be describing me there !
  • edited October 2013

"Russell Brand is possibly the best comedian in the country right now. Certainly top three."

What?? Beg to differ. Nothing he has ever uttered has seemed remotely amusing to me. I don't hate him he is just not in the least bit funny and surely the point of a comedian is to make you laugh.

I'm surprised nobody has nominated one-trick pony Ricky Gervais, who can only resort to taking the p*ss out of whoever these days.

I don't like comedians much as a rule. You've got to be either really, really good to get my attention (i.e. American) or you have to make passionate & intelligent sociological or political arguments with a bit of humour (which Brand does better than anyone else this side of the pond)

British stand-up usually gets the tone completely wrong. It's usually far too smug, self-applauding or downright pointless. Bawdy observational nonsense, pompous declamations*, Gervaisean snark (you're right - he's abysmal).

I think Stewart Lee is good, and I think Bailey has his moments

Dave Allen, now there was a comedian

*like this one, before anyone interjects :P
  • Robbo on the wing, NLA, Shag, AFKA and every other Wanker who commented on the looking for work thread.
  • Russell Howard's Good News

I beg to differ
  • Another vote for Chris Ramsey here.

Also Russell Kane...can't stand him!

Yep Kane is another for me.
  • I like jokes. This one was from a Jason Manford gig:

Interviewer: OK, tell me what you think is your biggest weakness?

Candidate: My honesty. I can be too honest sometimes.

Interviewer: No, no, that's not a weakness, I think that honesty is a fine attribute.

Candidate: To be honest, I don't give a fuck what you think.....
  • Rizzo said:

Riviera said:

Lee Evans, Mickey Flannagan, Tommy Cannon, Jack Whitehall (?), Andy Parsons, Frank Boil and many, many more.

I also dislike David Baddiel immensely but he's not a comedian is he? Apparently he's Jewish which is even more strange as there are so many funny Jewish comedians.

I suppose that shows why threads like this are ultimately pointless. With the possible exception of Tommy Cannon (assuming that is the Cannon & Ball chap) I find all the guys you mentioned to be really funny.

It's all subjective.

Well they are not pointless if you just stick to what is asked and make your comment without feeling the need to pick on other peoples opinions.
  • Miranda, Andy Parsons, Frankie Boyle, Russell Howard, Russell Kane, Keith Lemon (Leigh Francis).

Probably all been mentioned though.