Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The further adventures of Viktoria Plzen

Comments

• They are at it again. 4-1 up on aggregate in Maribor and cruising into the group stage. So that will be six games won in UCL, and 5 wins and a draw in the Czech league. That's what I call good form. I fancy them to once agin be the best European team you've never heard of. And some luminous autumn nights in Plzen to look forward to!
  • I expect Plzen and Schalke to be drawn in the same group again and for Schalke to embarrass themselves again :o)
  • I've just been looking at UEFA's opaque and baffling "coefficients" which govern their seedings, and make sure the big clubs stay big and upstarts like Viktoria don't upset them. How is it possible that both Russian teams have a higher co-efficent than Borussia Dortmund? And that Olympiakos of Greece has double the coefficient of Viktoria, who are making their second group stage appearance in three years, and got through to the knockout stage last time.

Bring back the knock out format!!!!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23680545

Coefficient explained quite well here.
  • Cheers mate, I will try to get my head around it.
  • OK I get it...

"The rich gettin' richer, the poor get the picture..."

Shouldn't be surprised. Still Viktorka cracked their group two years ago, here's to them doing it again.
  • The mighty Man Citee are going to Plzen.
  • That draw is a bit of a pig. But if Cardiff can beat Citeh...
    and a local derby against the Lederhosen...

Hoping my buddy can get tickets. Would love to see all three
  • And Celtic have got Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona...should be a doddle!
  • And Celtic have got Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona...should be a doddle!

Neil Lennon had his head in his hands...

Mind you I'm not sure Ajax are any longer the club whose name struck fear into English fans of my generation.

All the Sky pundits talking about how City have been given a really good pass into the knockout phase this time, clearly none of them know jack about Plzen or even how to pronounce it. Good, thats' how they like it.

• Sponsored links:

• So - who are Viktoria Plzen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24038033

Not that the informed clientele of Charlton Life need telling.
  • Yep, good article. But I'm gutted, no tickets. Pub with Charlton text updates, then.

They will probably lose, but they'll give it a go.
  • Winning 1-0 in Moscow after 4 minutes, Rajtoral scored.
  • Their 'keeper's just made one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen in the Champions League !
  • Hovno! This is bad. Needed a result here to have any hope of getting third place.

What did the keeper do?
  • It was passed back to him at a very easy pace and the keeper went to kick it out and the ball just slipped under his foot and into the net.

Honda is a really good player for CSKA so a difficult game, VP got a goal back before the end but went down 3-2
  • se9addick said:

Their 'keeper's just made one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen in the Champions League !

Shocking!! Poor fella, cost them a point in the end as well.
  • Do prdele! Which goal was it, for the mistake?

The goal back could still be important. Third place all depends on by how much each of them get mullered by Bayern and City. CSKA come to Plzen for the last game. Bastard of a group, now that City have worked out how to play in Europe.

The goal back could still be important. Third place all depends on by how much each of them get mullered by Bayern and City. CSKA come to Plzen for the last game. Bastard of a group, now that City have worked out how to play in Europe.

His mistake made it 3-1, mistake (although not quite as bad) by the CSKA 'keeper made it 3-2 at the end.

Went abit early there Prague
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh man they nearly took the lead at the Etihad, twice!

They will be punished :-(
  • And so it comes to pass.
  • What a shame - giving v good account of themselves so far. Still making chances!
  • Lovely goal!
  • Goooooool! Pick that out of your net Joey boy!!!
  • Are you watching on Sky, Weegie?
  • Yes - hope I am not ahead of you?
  • No, anyway I have to reload the thread.

Way better than I expected, key players out, coach leaving for the national team in Jan. We needed Bayern to absolutely batter CSKA, but they didnt of course
  • Last minute drama, as Viktoria grabbed the winner that gives them Europa League footie in the Spring, at the expense of the "Rusky svine" CSKA, who finished with nine men. No ticket for me sadly. Its going to be epic in the pubs there tonight.

Sad that Vrba had to heed the nation's call, as MOG records. But what a way to go out.