Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football For a Fiver (Actually it's £6) - Wigan, 27th October

WSSWSS
edited September 2013 in General Charlton
On OS

Comments

• Blimey. Is Airman back?
  • Is the tickets on sale now?.
  • thats good. we will have a full house, they must have done this to try and get attendances back up since our average this season is 14000
  • Good game to choose, for us they are one of the bigger teams (in terms of players) and from their side we won't lose a lot of revenue as being a poxy little club they will prob bring about 4 fans.
  • And, of course, it is a Sunday game (I think).
  • Is there a link please? I can't see anything http://shop.cafc.co.uk/ClubInfo.ink?teamnameshort=Wigan
  • Mentioned in the story about the charity partner
  • Good game to choose, for us they are one of the bigger teams (in terms of players) and from their side we won't lose a lot of revenue as being a poxy little club they will prob bring about 4 fans.

The Charlton of the North?
  • Excellent, we are going to this game. This will help my bank balance as there is 5 of us.
  • Have we sold out yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done to the club again. I bet Wigan still only bring 200

22757 my prediction
  • Any refunds for ST holders ;-)
  • Whoever organised this should get sacked
  • PL54 said:

Whoever organised this should get sacked

why?
  • my mate got a phonecall a few weeks back asking why he hadnt renewed. so we must be desperate
  • edited August 2013
    Wigan have a Europa Cup game on the Thursday that is why the game has been switched to the Sunday, so their fans may not want to pay £25 to watch their team play us, that it why I can see them being given the incentive. I hope they have an away game in some far flung city in Eastern Europe on the Thursday.
  • edited August 2013
    Europa League draw is happening right now and they are going to be playing Rubin Kazan in Russia, Maribor of Slovenia and another side from Belgium.
  • Wigan will face Rubin Kazan, Maribor of Slovenia and Belgium's Zulte Waregem
  • my mate got a phonecall a few weeks back asking why he hadnt renewed. so we must be desperate

Not really happens every season and a good thing to do. for instance someone may say they have not renewed because they have a short term cash flow problem but they start a new job in a couple of weeks, so they could be reminded of the interest free finance deal over 3 months, a few people may just need to have their memory jogged or need that extra reminder to push them over. Sound customer management not a sign of the state of our finances.
  • Kap10 said:

my mate got a phonecall a few weeks back asking why he hadnt renewed. so we must be desperate

Not really happens every season and a good thing to do. for instance someone may say they have not renewed because they have a short term cash flow problem but they start a new job in a couple of weeks, so they could be reminded of the interest free finance deal over 3 months, a few people may just need to have their memory jogged or need that extra reminder to push them over. Sound customer management not a sign of the state of our finances.
    I introduced the chaser phone calls and I agree, it's just sensible practice. It doesn't prove anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• They at home to the Russian side on 24th October
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2013
    Compulsory £1 donation for new charity added on top. Bit weird but at least the kids will get some benefit.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130909-football-for-a-fiver-1044277.aspx
  • What a strange idea - how to complicate a simple message...

Somehow 'football for a sixer' doesn't have quite the same ring...why not do the charity collection bit on the day and let S/T holders join in too?
  • Sell out
  • I am uncomfortable with the principle of "compulsory" charity donations.

It is up to individuals to decide firstly whether they wish to donate to charity and secondly to which charities they wish to donate.

* Awaits abuse *
  • Why not make it 4 quid and a quid to charity if we're in a charitable mood..
  • Sadly I'm away and I'll be missing this game. It's a real shame as we will, almost certainly, not get another crowd as big as this one this season. Having said that we lost last season's football for a fiver so it wasn't quite as enjoyable as previous editions.
  • LenGlover said:

I am uncomfortable with the principle of "compulsory" charity donations.

It is up to individuals to decide firstly whether they wish to donate to charity and secondly to which charities they wish to donate.

* Awaits abuse *

No abuse from me, Len - total agreement. It's not the money, of course, nor the cause, but the principle. Whoever heard of a compulsory donation? What happens if it's a cause you don't agree with?

• JT said:

Why not make it 4 quid and a quid to charity if we're in a charitable mood..

This
  • LenGlover said:

I am uncomfortable with the principle of "compulsory" charity donations.

* Awaits abuse *

That's because youre right, there is no such thing as a compulsory donation.

Strange idea.