Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Airport Cab recomendation ?

Morning all. Live in Bexleyheath and will need a reliable Cab Company to take (and then pick up on return) family to Stansted Airport. Can any Lifers recommend a reliable local Company please? Cheers.

Comments

• I always use the guys at Abbey Cars. Very reliable, always get the same driver for both legs of the journey and they've always turned up on time, waiting on us when we get back.

http://abbeycarsminicabs.wordpress.com/
  • Cheers TelMc32
  • edited August 2013
    I used Sherbets at Bexley for Gatwick drop off and pick up this summer. They also do Stanstead. No problems at all. Cheapest available I could find too.
    01322 555 222
  • Cameo , 0800 612 8246

Been using them for 10 years or more, for my regular trips over
  • Have used the valet parking at Gatwick and Heathrow for the last few years - no hassle and usually cheeper than taxis both ways. Nice to get in the comfort of your own car on the way home too.

I'm sure they will do it at Stanstead.
  • i recently used a black cab company that gives fixed fares on airport trips to all london airports (heathrowairportlondontaxis.co.uk). Not the cheapest but competitive and they are very professional and always turn up on time. They do meet and greet too.
  • Cheers all
  • PL54 said:

Have used the valet parking at Gatwick and Heathrow for the last few years - no hassle and usually cheeper than taxis both ways. Nice to get in the comfort of your own car on the way home too.

I'm sure they will do it at Stanstead.

this - works out cheaper now to do this I reckon
  • Would NOT recommend datacars after a recent experience with them.
    Our flight got in to gatwick all of 10 minutes late, not the most uncommon thing to happen.. driver did 100mph most of the journey, fine by all means, if it's with someone you know, but when some soppy taxi driver is in control of the motor you don't feel at ease to say that least, also the aggresive manor of his overtaking wasn't too welcoming.This lemon said bugger until we arrived back home and he gave it all this about "waiting charges".. what, 10 minutes?! and he tried giving me some bollocks about being there for an hour..
    told him to do one.
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

I always use the guys at Abbey Cars. Very reliable, always get the same driver for both legs of the journey and they've always turned up on time, waiting on us when we get back

http://abbeycarsminicabs.wordpress.com/

After taking the funds up front, this mob failed to pick us up. It also took them about a week to send the refund. AVOID!
  • Always valet parking for us.
    Cheaper than taxi, and you drive to the terminal, get your bags out the boot and the bloke takes the car.

then ring them on your return at customs and car dropped off outside the terminal and away you go.

• Thanks everyone - anyone used Amber ?
  • Would recommend Valet Parking as well at Gatwick it is located in the Short term car park so the car if there waiting for you when you get back. cabs are tricky I think I used to use a good firm but they changed ownership and became a nightmare.
  • Thanks everyone - anyone used Amber ?

They turned up a week early for the return pick-up, and they had all the details in writing.

Then, they "forgot" the actual date, despite having been given two reminders.

Never used them again.

• Well after reading all this I can only put in another plug for Cameo, which is a small outfit, and Ken, the owner does a lot of the runs himself. Absolutely faultless. Sadly he's not a Charlton fan, but he knows I am :-) And he has a Slovak driver who knows his football too.
  • edited August 2013
    Prague - thank you. Just spoke to a lovely young lady and all sorted for next week.
  • Ah, if you get Ken say hello from me (Richard from Prague).
  • they knew you well!
  • Would recommend Valet Parking as well at Gatwick it is located in the Short term car park so the car if there waiting for you when you get back. cabs are tricky I think I used to use a good firm but they changed ownership and became a nightmare.

I always use the valet parking at Gatwick. This year only paid £20 more than a return cab fare would've cost.