Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Humiliation Of An Opposition Player At The Valley

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Julian Dicks by, predominantly, Danny Mills in 98/99 when we came back to win 4-2.

Comments

• Nicky Weaver- the twonk thought he could take on the covered end! Hysterical.
  • Carlton Cole for me...After all he said about us before the game, got absolutely roasted (no pun intended) then got taken off for being absolute shit.
  • Dicks was effectively retired that game. Great stuff, we mullered them.

Nixon the Tranmere keeper springs to mind. A midweek match, they were winning and in front of the Covered End he was trying every time-wasting trick under the sun. We eventually pulled it back and done them right at the end. Great stuff.

Remember after the game their coach took the wrong turning and got stuck outside the Oak for five minutes. the whole pub cleared out to wind them up.

Also remember a Southend player coming on at their ground one Boxing Day at half time. He looked like he had been on the beer since the first day of Christmas, couldn't trap the ball, pass or run. After about 5 mins he started getting the ee-aaww, and this just made him ten times worse !
  • edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Nixon the Tranmere keeper springs to mind. A midweek match, they were winning and in front of the Covered End he was trying every time-wasting trick under the sun. We eventually pulled it back and done them right at the end. Great stuff.

Remember after the game their coach took the wrong turning and got stuck outside the Oak for five minutes. the whole pub cleared out to wind them up.
    Was that the game he brought one of our players down and Pat Nevin was sent off instead? As I recall Robson scored the resulting penalty.

[cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Also remember a Southend player coming on at their ground one Boxing Day at half time. He looked like he had been on the beer since the first day of Christmas, couldn't trap the ball, pass or run. After about 5 mins he started getting the ee-aaww, and this just made him ten times worse !

God it was cold that day, one of my best away game memories that I wonder if ever recovered to play again? Simon Rhoyce was in goal for them and we won two zip.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Julian Dicks by, predominantly, Danny Mills in 98/99 when we came back to win 4-2.

Blasphemy of the highest order!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

Remember after the game their coach took the wrong turning and got stuck outside the Oak for five minutes. the whole pub cleared out to wind them up.[/quote]

Was that the 3-2 in the Championship Season when Stevie Brown came on for the second half, got an early goal and geed them all up?
  • I think that was against Port Vale Len
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]I think that was against Port Vale Len[/quote]

I could have sworn we did Tranmere 3-2 that year at The Valley but as an old codger the memory is not what it once was!
  • i would look it up but with 30mins to go, i really should crack on looking for info about portfolio management.

yawn
  • Nigel Batch.

Ohhh, ohhh, Nigel!
  • Sponsored links:

• i thought that tranmere game ended 2-2 and shaun newton got the second by lobbing nixon from right on the touchline.
  • no, i'm convinced we won.

we wouldn't of given it the large so much to bloomin Tranmere just for a draw !