Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clear sky over Knebworth

edited August 2013 in Not Sports Related
Took this tonight with my new camera through the telescope, sad I know but I thought I would share, glass of 16 year old Lagavulin and Ibiza chill out tunes going....

Comments

• is it a gobstopper?
  • Wow, amazing definition
  • Look closely and you can see the ball from Bailey's pen in 2010
  • Anyone playing there tonight? I saw Chas and Dave there in '79.
  • Great photo @SE7toSG3
  • Riviera said:

Anyone playing there tonight? I saw Chas and Dave there in '79.

On the moon? Wow
  • ........they were out of this world that night!
  • the FIFA ball for World Cup 2014, put into orbit by a Sheffield Wednesday defender
  • I live in SG4 so you can't be far away @SE7toSG3 ! :)

Fantastic photo
  • Sponsored links:

• Great picture - Did Floyd ever play 'Dark Side of the Moon' at one of the Knebworth festivals?
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Took this tonight with my new camera through the telescope, sad I know but I thought I would share, glass of 16 year old Lagavulin and Ibiza chill out tunes going....

What sort of scope have you got SE7, and what camera?

Thinking of getting one but just looking at the moment.

• I live in SG4 so you can't be far away @SE7toSG3 ! :

Fantastic photo

Herts Addicks drink? I am knebworth, cousins Stevenage we have 4 ST's between us

What sort of scope have you got SE7, and what camera?

Thinking of getting one but just looking at the moment.

Its a Sony Nex 4 camera and Celestron Astromaster 76 so nothing too flash, scope was around £120 from John Lewis and the Camera £300 from the states
  • Cool, Celestron do some good gear, have been looking their stuff. Need one which takes a camera. Roll on retirement:-)
  • Great pic...I'm building a 10 inch Newtonian to watch the comet at Long Mynd starting October. Couldnt afford a 10 inch mirror so grinding my own...still cost £90 for the bits to do it. Hopefully will be able to post some pics then.
  • Cool, Celestron do some good gear, have been looking their stuff. Need one which takes a camera. Roll on retirement:-)

Retirement is the best time of your life IF: 1. You have good health. 2. You don't retire (garden centres etc)

• These stars performed 'stairway to heaven' there......
  • I was at that gig.....I didn't see the moon like that but definitely saw a flying saucer...wished we had mobile phones in them days and I would have taken a photo to prove it too!
  • Solidgone said:

I was at that gig.....I didn't see the moon like that but definitely saw a flying saucer...wished we had mobile phones in them days and I would have taken a photo to prove it too!

Snorting moondust can make you see them quite clearly..................;-)