Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The innocence of youth

My five year old daughter has just asked me if I know why the ice cream van plays music. Wanting to encourage her, I said I didn't and asked if she knew.

" It's to make all the children who don't get an ice cream smile."

Never thought of it like that.

Comments

• Sometimes children say some of the smartest and most mind blowingly intelligent but simple things.
  • edited August 2013
    Or in the case of the ice cream man who works Peacock Street in Gravesend, its to annoy the life out the bloke in number 30a where he pulls up outside between 5 and 6 every day.....even when there a cover of snow on the ground!

Nice story btw CS, I'll try and think of it that way in future
  • Big Rob - my guess is it's because his best Customer lives there?
  • Haha, yeah I did use to nip down for a big feast I spose
  • My 4 year old asked me something the other day and i replied that i didn't know. She looked at me with a look of shock and said "but Daddy, you know everything"
  • That's actually the best thing I've heard all day!
  • Told my kids that it meant he had run out of ice cream. Wot a bastard"
  • Walking away from The Valley on Saturday, my 4-year old observed that "Charlton need to play a bit better". Hard to argue with his logic.
  • We always said it was to make the fat kids dance before they was allowed any more ice cream.
  • It is isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably my favorite 80's music was the ice cream van chime!
  • If you crash an ice cream van you run the risk of getting whippylash
  • It's not an ice-cream van, it's a kipper van.
  • and they only play the chimes when the nice man has sold out of ice cream ... (:-<)
  • Our old ice cream man was found dead with hundreds of thousands and bubblegum sauce all over him.....

...topped himself.
  • ^^^^ Police are cone-vinced there was no foul play
  • I once heard a woman ask for a 69 with nuts. She then looked around to see everyone else in the queue pissing themselves...................
  • She could've asked for a 69 with hundreds and thousand's
  • Arun council have told an ice cream kiosk owner in Bognor that he is not allowed to sell
    Flakes or hundreds &thousands with his cones -honest I have not made this up its true

• When my sister was little there was a multi coloured oil stain on the road and she sad ' oh no, it's a dead rainbow'
  • Sponsored links:

• Around the Meopham and Longfield area there's an Ice Cream man and his van is named Jack the Ripple.
  • edited August 2013
    I was always told when the ice cream van music played, he had run out of ice cream
  • If you crash an ice cream van you run the risk of getting whippylash

Not sure about that, however there will be cones on the road, while clearing up the mess.
  • Greenie said:

Around the Meopham and Longfield area there's an Ice Cream man and his van is named Jack the Ripple.

In Sydenham years ago there was an ice cream man called Mr Thick and Creamy!!!
  • I was always told when the ice cream van music played, he had run out of ice cream

you're pinchng my lines (:->)
  • Arun council have told an ice cream kiosk owner in Bognor that he is not allowed to sell
    Flakes or hundreds &thousands with his cones -honest I have not made this up its true

OK - you didn't make it up, (eye rolling smiley thing). Why did they do this?

Do you have a link or reliable source for this? I suspect you don't.
  • edited August 2013
    I was round my sister's, and heard an ice cream van jingle. My nephew looked really sad and said "aww no! The ice cream van has run out!".

I shall be using that one myself

EDIT - ignore me. that'll learn me to read other people's posts
  • In a bar having breakfast yesterday and some northerners were playing pool. One of the kids starting talking to my daughter and she just looked at him. She then turned to me and said "daddy, what language are they talking in"
  • iainment said:

Arun council have told an ice cream kiosk owner in Bognor that he is not allowed to sell

OK - you didn't make it up, (eye rolling smiley thing). Why did they do this?

Do you have a link or reliable source for this? I suspect you don't.
    Don't believe it until it's on the OS!