Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rangers at Sheffield Wednesday

Cracking support there tonight from the most patriotic support in Britian.
Utmost respect for the huge union jack they have with 'Drummer Lee Rigby Lest we forget'on it - cracking gesture and passed into the home end.
Few Charlton flags about too as usual :-)

Comments

• For OohArrh, they sold their 6k allocation in 3 hours.

The support for both Old Firm clubs is on another level to anything in England, excluding Man Utd.
  • Rangers showing there class again, not a hint of trouble either. Had a banner saying congratulations Wills and Kate too
  • Cracking support there tonight from the most patriotic support in Britian.
    Utmost respect for the huge union jack they have with 'Drummer Lee Rigby Lest we forget'on it - cracking gesture and passed into the home end.
    Few Charlton flags about too as usual :-)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=539509589457565&set=a.536360909772433.1073741825.427379154003943&type=1&theater
  • There was a false rumour started on twitter earlier stating that rioting had broken out. Has been hi-jacked by Rangers fans with some pretty funny stuff. It's under the hashtag #sheffieldriots
  • gotta love the queens 11 and the fans that follow them

cracking gesture
  • gotta love the queens 11 and the fans that follow them

cracking gesture

Here Here
  • Loads of Wednesday fans on twitter saying it's the best away support ever seen at Hillsborough.

They even had flares.........

• What was the score?
  • 1-0 to Sheff Weds
  • Absolute class. Love 'em!
  • Sponsored links:

• What was the score?

Rangers lost 1-0, was following on Twitter and its sounded like Rangers created quite a few chances.
  • edited July 2013
    Are they British first and Scottish second ?

What's the percentage of Union Jacks /scottish flags like for rangers

And do Celtic just have Irish flags any scottish or union jacks

Genuine questions cos I can't work them sweatys out

I consider myself English first British second

Am i patriotic , I have St Georges flags (courtesy of NSS) in the eighties /early nineties had the union jack

Great turn out as usual them rangers and celtic are different gravy but do they all live in sheffield/london/etc

Celtic v Liverppol I think next week in Dublin for the little englanders to get the hump about lol

Edit: my mums Irish so I'm Irish third but have always wanted England over the Irish and followed England to world cup in Japan
  • I've met many jock Rangers fans who follow England over Scotland.

Huge group of jocks out supporting England in Germany 06 and were more patriotic than a lot of English fans.

Never a problem with a St George flag in Ibrox either.
  • I see loads of Jocks in Swedish , nigerian, brazilian shirts at Japan 2002
  • The 95k in Melbourne singing YNWA was pretty impressive
  • So basically Rangers support England, Celtic support Ireland and the rest of Scotand supports Scotland?
  • edited July 2013
    That's the jocks Oohaah, most Rangers (at least the one's I've met), consider themselves British, not Scottish.

Never see many Scottish flags in a Rangers away support - mainly Union Jack.

Yes Chris :-)
  • My Rangers mate once told me that they had such a bad relationship with the SFA over the years that a lot of Gers took the hump with the Scotland team and stopped going to games.
  • Seen that Charlton flag all over the place with Rangers!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• What is the relationship between rangers and charlton can someone explain it?
  • Dave2l said:

What is the relationship between rangers and charlton can someone explain it?

Would also appreciate an explanation. very confused...
  • Dave2l said:

Would also appreciate an explanation. very confused...
    Some people who support Charlton like Rangers.
  • edited July 2013
    I heard some Celtic fans saying how wonderful all of them were at the game and were now going to travel with Rangers instead
  • Are they British first and Scottish second ?

What's the percentage of Union Jacks /scottish flags like for rangers

And do Celtic just have Irish flags any scottish or union jacks
    Genuine questions cos I can't work them sweatys out

I consider myself English first British second

Am i patriotic , I have St Georges flags (courtesy of NSS) in the eighties /early nineties had the union jack

Great turn out as usual them rangers and celtic are different gravy but do they all live in sheffield/london/etc

Celtic v Liverppol I think next week in Dublin for the little englanders to get the hump about lol

Edit: my mums Irish so I'm Irish third but have always wanted England over the Irish and followed England to world cup in Japan

Mainly ROI or supporters club flags, It would be a very brave or confused person who took a Union Flag (Not a Jack until flown on a ship) anywhere near a celtic game/ground and mixed in with their support.

Been to Ibrox many a time and a few testimonials in England for ex Gers players, vast majority of bears I know would support England in tournaments, would imagine that the level of support for the Scotland national team diminished even further recently, with the perception of the SFA shafting Rangers recently.
  • Dave2l said:

Rangers have a large support which crosses over to clubs South of the border including Charlton. The only Scottish club with a link to us is Dundee.
  • Dave2l said:

Rangers have a large support which crosses over to clubs South of the border including Charlton. The only Scottish club with a link to us is Dundee.
    The link with Dundee is a personal friendship one, the majority that I know support Rangers over Dundee on a football club level, with a fondness for Dundee.
  • SE10 said:

My mates flag, taken up there by a young lady I know I believe.
  • There was à group of jocks at carlise promotion 2012 in fancy dress. Scooby doo was hanging off à the crossbar during the pitch invasion. They loved talal el karkouri in the premier league days and followed Charlton at northern away games. They were at hartlepool as well.