Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

when life changes

Just over a week ago i recieved a phone call from my boy mum.
She was quite hysterical and thought for a moment he was smashing her house up maybe even had hit his mum.
Then the words from his mum were call an ambulance he Harry was lying on the floor and wasnt moving.
Called an ambulance amd with the wife rushed from bromley to crystal palace
fuck me the journey seemed to go on forever at one stage on the journey when the wife was on the phone i thought we had lost him.
In the space of just over half an hour things had gone from normal to being normal to being in the back of an ambulance willing me son to blink so we knew he was still with us.
He had had a heart attack at the age of 17 heart had stopped beating and the ambulance crew had to give him 8 shocks to bring him back.
He had a condition called wolfe parkinson white syndrome
just over a week later he has had an operation to burn off the extra circiut on his heart and apart from some short term memory loss is
now back at his mums
This sort of event changes your outlook on life
i would like to thank the ambulance crew and kings college hospital who without them i dont think harry would be here with us today
night and god bless

Comments

• bloody hell. Scary stuff. Glad he is back home and making a good recovery. Puts a lot of things into perspective. All the best to you all.
  • Can't even think what you must have gone through. Hope recovery goes well.
  • Blimey , Clb shocking , glad Harry came through it , all the best, MIA.
  • Thanks all
    sometimes when things are not good take a step back and think what things could be like
    round me mums with him at mo
    he tapping away on his blackberry moaning his bored so things getting back to normal
  • So pleased he is on his way to recovery.
  • Here's wishing him all the best.
  • Blimey just goes to show you never know whats round the corner speedy recovery to Harry all the best
  • Phew. That was not a nice read. Get well soon
  • Glad he's own the mend, get well soon!
  • edited June 2013
    CLB74

2 years ago my at the time one yr old daughter scared me in a way I never want to experience again, fortunately for me it was no way as serious as what has happened to you,

as a father I feel your fear and pain and I wish you and your family all the best and a speedy recovery and a healthy life going forward

god bless
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank god he's ok ! Must of been horrific for you all !

Had the same thing with my nephew he collapsed at 9 days old and had to be rushed to London for instant heart surgery, it was a tough agonising 12 hours with a 50/50 chance of survival.

Thankfully he pulled through and responded well to treatment.
    It's when that happens my sister hugs the surgeon and crys with him for 10 mins. It was a very touching moment and still makes me emotional now. It's when stuff like that happens you know who the real heroes are, and who should be earning 100k a week.
  • Great to hear that your son pulled through and it sounds like he's recovering well. Can't imagine the dread and terror you were going through, but glad it has turned out OK.
  • That's awful mate, can't comprehend what you must be going through. Hope everything all turns out ok
  • Only just read this. All the best. Sounds like a great outcome.
  • Makes you realise that all we have is the present. The past is gone - you can't change it and nobody knows what the future has in store for us.

Glad that Harry is on the road to recovery.
  • Just seen this, clb - what a dreadful experience you all went through.

Glad to hear he's on the mend. All the best to you all.
  • The fragility of life should be an ever present thought in all of us.
  • On Monday morning a 16 year old Charlton player walked downstairs to find his 46 year old mum dead on the floor with a heart attack, life can be pretty cruel sometimes.
  • What a shocker, clb ! SO glad to hear the outcome is a positive & happy one. Make sure Harry knows how much he means to you all even though he'll probably shrug it off..

And another truly tragic story from uncle ! It may take a lifetime for the poor young man to get over that awful experience. Hope he has the love & support of a loving family & friends. I'm sure all concerned at our Club will play their part in his recovery.
  • All is takes is for one event to completely change your life. Having sadly witnessed the professionalism of the emergency services myself recently, I can only agree with how amazing they are. So glad you can look back on the shock and see how lucky your boy and family are.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope cafc are supporting the youngster like you guys are supporting your pal Al

My brother in law found his mum in the same way but in the living room and he was 18 and it had such an affect on him he found solice in a bottle and as such has ruined his life and his relationship with his long term partner

Its a very difficult situation
  • Hope Harry is making a full recovery. Must have been very frightening for all concerned.
  • wishing you and your son all the best in health and in life.
  • All the best clb74. For you and your son. Scary stuff.

• Must have been a terrible experience. Is the syndrome treatable?
    Hope it all gets sorted out.
  • Hope alls well
    These ambulance staff and hospital staff realy deserve praise.
    Don't deserve all the stick they get.
    Heros realy.
  • Thanks for the get wells seeing the post from uncle shows how some are lucky like Harry and like the 16 year olds mum not so lucky RIP.
    Shortly after arriving at hospital they put Harry into an induced coma for 36 hours cooling his body down to help his body and brain hiz heart had stopped for about 15 mins.
    Because we knew how close we was to losing him every next progress step was a bonus.
    Sometimes how the body works is amazing within a week he had gone from being in an induced coma to having surgery to walking out of hospital.
    Am sure the surgeon said that the procedure alot of the time is day surgery.
    Sheffield he has had surgery and is now ok less tham 5% chance of happening again
    thanks again and to the young lad who has lost his mum tboughts are with you
  • clb74 said:

Thanks for the get wells seeing the post from uncle shows how some are lucky like Harry and like the 16 year olds mum not so lucky RIP.
    Shortly after arriving at hospital they put Harry into an induced coma for 36 hours cooling his body down to help his body and brain hiz heart had stopped for about 15 mins.
    Because we knew how close we was to losing him every next progress step was a bonus.
    Sometimes how the body works is amazing within a week he had gone from being in an induced coma to having surgery to walking out of hospital.
    Am sure the surgeon said that the procedure alot of the time is day surgery.
    Sheffield he has had surgery and is now ok less tham 5% chance of happening again
    thanks again and to the young lad who has lost his mum tboughts are with you

So pleased it went so well. Touch wood you are never in that 5%.
  • edited July 2013
    clb mate, life sometimes is on a single thread and when it breaks, like it has done for me three times in the last ten years, you can feel almost suicidal. Thank god it didn't happen to you, cherish your lad and all the years you have ahead of you, I wish you well.