Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunday League

Anyone out there fancy playing Sunday League. I help run a team in the Orpington & Bromley League 2nd Div. We need a couple of players for the new season, defenders or strikers pref but also may need a keeper. Let me know and i can pass on details

Comments

• Have you approached the club? Amdy Faye is available...
  • They actually approached us and he came on trial but wasn't quite up to scratch unfortnately. Plus he didn't seem to understand it when we told him he would have to pay us to play ;-)
  • Is it a good standard ???
  • Its a reasonable standard but only a local league and 2nd Div is equivalent to 4th as their is a Premier & Senior at the top.
  • edited July 2008
    valleyman, I run a side in Canterbury, and have found a few players from:

Uk Football Finder

Not sure if it's any good to you, but just in case....
  • Lewis Goddard is just the type of player who we're looking for. The next Ronaldo...Hmmnn

Lewis Goddard
  • One of our players owns a sun bed shop so I may have to get in touch with Mr Goddard !!
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]One of our players owns a sun bed shop so I may have to get in touch with Mr Goddard !!

Or Jordan?
  • Have you got any friendlies arranged i would like to come and give it a go
  • If there is anyone out there that fancies a season of Sunday league in the Eltham area let me know. My team have been going for 7 years now we are looking for committed players in all positions. Training starts July 9th with 4 friendlies before our first match in August. DM me if you are interested. Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• If there is anyone out there that fancies a season of Sunday league in the Eltham area let me know. My team have been going for 7 years now we are looking for committed players in all positions. Training starts July 9th with 4 friendlies before our first match in August. DM me if you are interested. Cheers

What region do you play in mate? Obviously you mentioned Eltham. How far would you expect to travel for a typical away match?
  • We have 5 new teams in our league this year but last year there wasnt too much travel... there were matches at Avery Hill, Kidbrooke, Thamesmead. Most of the lads live in Bexleyheath/Crayford area. We train at Blackheath rugby club (well hall) in the winter and at Hall Place in the summer. We are in the 2nd division of a 5 tiered league. Majority CAFC, 1 Millwall, 1 Palace. All good lads though looking to enjoy another season.
  • Likewise my team are always looking for new players (im not the manager) we train in Charlton and play in the Kent Suburban League. We play around Kent and South East London.
  • Unfortunately I'm khack otherwise sounds like a great idea..
  • Cant wait for the season to start again. I miss putting that ball in the back of the net.
  • I'm enjoying the break from playing at the moment, nice lazy Sundays seem far more enjoyable!
  • I do miss the banter on a Sunday, i'd like to say I kick it into the back of the net but I only got one last season :-(
  • My team are always looking for players, we play in the Woolwich & Eltham division, and train at Charlton Park on Thursdays.
  • What time on Thursdays?

We also train at Charlton park on Thursdays. Well until we train at Meridian from about September anyway
  • I'm enjoying the break from playing at the moment, nice lazy Sundays seem far more enjoyable!

Look forward to playing you again next season hamer. I finished the season on 24 goals. unfortunately most of them were in the cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who do you play for ELA?
  • I'm looking to join a team in the Medway area. To be honest I haven't played 11 a side since I turned out for charlton life a few years back and I was overweight, slow and unfit then, so I can only imagine I'll be far worse now.

Also approaching 35 I don't know if I can join a vets team instead.

I like the idea of getting fit doing something I enjoy without getting kicked all over the place by idiots still drunk from the night before.

Look forward to playing you again next season hamer. I finished the season on 24 goals. unfortunately most of them were in the cup.
    Where did you finish in the league in the end Randy? Did you go up too?
  • Na we didn't go up. Ball cocks. Didn't realise you went up. Hopefully we get you in the cup. Well played btw on promotion. Hope you beat Orpington next season.
  • Isn't sunday league football just punch ups now?
  • Isn't sunday league football just punch ups now?

Not far off, but it's fun

• Depends what league you are in for violence really
  • Just had 18 months out with cruciate reconstruction and can't bloody wait for the new season to start . Have dropped into the ressies but itching to play now
  • Our ressies beat us last time... its about 7-1 to us... I look forward to the curtain raiser for some revenge
  • Who here is from the Woolwich and Eltham SFA?