Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Family Guy : Are they the funniest family on TV?

Peter Griffin is hilarious , much more funnier than Homer , whats peoples preferences Family Guy or Simpsons?

Comments

• Family guy these days, The Simpsons were alot funnier when I was younger, Family Guy is more adult humour I'd say (ok I'm questioning the last bit as I write)
  • You cant compare the two, the simpsons is a harmeless childs programme whereas family guy is a controversial ill mannered programme, family guy should be compared to south park.  
  • and simpsons to futurama
  • Simpsons had an iffy patch a few years ago, but I feel it has picked up again since the HD era, and some of the most recent stuff has been back to it's best
  • Family Guy is appallingly offensive but utterly hilarious. Probably more laughs per episode than South Park and that's despite the fact that I don't get a lot of the cultural references in Family Guy.
  • Simpsons all the way

• edited June 2011
    i do love family guy but the new series has been a bit hit and miss.

stewie is a lot better now than he was when he was evil. favourite character is bruce the gay bloke. cracks me up.
  • A funny programme marred by 'kin; awful opening credits.  Thought Peter as the police sketch artist was hilarious.  It is possibly the funniest thing at the moment, but that's not saying much because there's been a dearth of good comedy really.  American Office is the only thing I can think of and tbh that's gone downhill recently.

Looking forward to the release of Life's Too Short, which may well become the funniest thing on tv and Series 8 of Curb Your Enthusiasm which if it's half as good as the previous 7 will blow Family Guy out of the water.
  • Like them equally.

Simpsons is quality. Funny & very clever with some of its storylines and does not cross the line so that kids cannot watch it as well as adults.

Started watching Family Guy when we bought the box set for my son. Much more in your face, more laughs per episode than Simpsons. Brian, Stewie & Death my fave characters.

Both brilliant. 

• edited June 2011
    Family Guy is superb adult humour. Simpsons is superb humour suitable for older kids through to Adults. Both a great just different. Futurama is more age similar to Family Guy - just not as good.

Family Guy is more directly comparable to American Dad. I prefer Family Guy.

As for South Park - very sharp, very adult and a complete one off in my book.

Of all of them I think I have to go for Family Guy as my favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Family Guy.

No holds barred comedy - sometimes can't believe/feel uneasy I'm laughing at it.

Mr Herbert and Jesse are sick but funny.

Also like American Dad - took a while to get into it but worth persisting.

• Family Guy isn't as funny as it used to be - but then, neither is the Simpsons - and Futurama is dreadful since it's comeback. The most consistently funny 'adult' animation I've ever seen is Duckman - criminally ignored masterpiece with Jason Alexander voicing the main character. Absolutely hilarious, every episode.

I've always though South Park is shit - never 'got' it (though I seem to be in a distinct minority)
  • Now you are talking.  Duckman was magnificent.  I am so glad that there's someone else that appreciated it; no one else seems to know about it.

Another cracker, but for a younger age group: Ren & Stimpy.
  • Burnt face man
  • The Trotters are by far the funniest family on T.V. period.
  • T.V. period?   Is that a digital channel hosted by Jo Brand?

• Thought Family Guy was great up to about season 5 but has been hit and miss since. Simpsons has been back to its best the past couple of years.

American Dad beats both by a long shot. Stan Smith is the man

• Love watching the double bills of both family Guy and American Dad, didn't realise that the same bloke does Peter, Stewie and Quagmire.....and that Stewie's voice is based on Rex Harrison.
  • Stig said:

Now you are talking.  Duckman was magnificent.  I am so glad that there's someone else that appreciated it; no one else seems to know about it.

Another cracker, but for a younger age group: Ren & Stimpy.
    My wife loves Ren and Stimpy, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. We both loved The Animaniacs.
  • South Park is better. Or American Dad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Family guy and i would destroy his wife
  • Simpsons seasons 1-10 were absolute gold, and cannot be touched by Family Guy.
  • Simpsons seasons 1-10 were absolute gold, and cannot be touched by Family Guy.

Agreed, and as much as I like Family Guy, Homer is ten times better than Peter Griffin.
  • Also, the funniest family on TV are the Bluths. Especially GOB.

simply This.

• The Simpson's because of its originality. The classic episodes will live long in the memory whereas family guy won't.

The relationship between homer and flanders is genius and such a loving thing.

Family guy is like a quick laugh - farce type.
  • Family guy exposes so called American culture and thinking...very brave.
  • Peter griffin and his prostrate will never leave my memory

• Peter griffin and his prostrate will never leave my memory

That was brilliant. "Don't touch me!"
  • Classic Simpsons episodes can't be touched imo. 'You only move twice' is simply the best cartoon episode I've ever seen. I also prefer South Park's humour to family guy, too many random clips and never ending politics from Brian put me off.