Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford v Celtic

Apparently theyre letting Celtic have 3(!!) sides of Griffin Park for the friendly. Brentford fans just get the Brook Road stand.

brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/celtic-psf-ticket-info-846094.aspx

Gonna be weird for the Brentford supporters to be surrounded on 3 sides by away fans in your own ground....

Comments

• Great, 10000 of them lingering around London.
  • edited May 2013
    cafctom said:

Great, 10000 of them lingering around London.

Spending money to help boost the local economy. Sounds a win win to me.

• Brentford need a crowd of 9,000 to cover the appearance fee...
  • CAFCTrev said:

Gonna be weird for the Brentford supporters to be surrounded on 3 sides by away fans in your own ground....

Even weirder that their home fans are being put into the away end and Celtic have the three home stands.

• And people want them here...
  • edited May 2013
    CAFCTrev said:

Brentford need a crowd of 9,000 to cover the appearance fee...

With the old bill fees on top of that, can see why it's 25 notes a ticket. Not worth the aggro, and could be an accident waiting to happen for Brentford.

Cardiff and Millwall also visiting Griffin Park this summer. The local glazers will be busy.
  • This happens frequently in the SPL and I'm pretty sure Walsall did something similar for Sheffield Wednesday during our promotion season.

One of the pubs on the corners at Griffin Park is the HQ of the West London Celtic Supporters Club (which I discovered whilst wearing a Rangers shirt !) so this friendly makes sense.
  • How many do we normally average for a home friendly?
  • About their level
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

This happens frequently in the SPL and I'm pretty sure Walsall did something similar for Sheffield Wednesday during our promotion season.

One of the pubs on the corners at Griffin Park is the HQ of the West London Celtic Supporters Club (which I discovered whilst wearing a Rangers shirt !) so this friendly makes sense.

If Celtic supporters have 3 sides of the ground, shouldn't they be allowed to have 3 out of the 4 pubs as well!
  • The Old Firm's away support is ridiculous, this is a pretty small allocation by their standards!
    shirty5 said:

CAFCTrev said:

Brentford need a crowd of 9,000 to cover the appearance fee...

With the old bill fees on top of that, can see why it's 25 notes a ticket. Not worth the aggro, and could be an accident waiting to happen for Brentford.

Cardiff and Millwall also visiting Griffin Park this summer. The local glazers will be busy.
    Don't forget the cleaning costs! ;-)

• Could easily be trouble at this one, I think they had Lincoln away the other season and trouble broke out all over the place!
  • Its in West London - isn't there a Rangers/Chelsea link?

It'll be Brighton vs Aberdeen/Spurs all over again....
  • Who at Brentford thought Celtic,Millwall & Cardiff would make for good trouble-free friendlies?
  • Yeah some Chelsea may fancy it.
  • Celtic new a thing or too to keep their fans sweet - play a friendly at a ground with a boozer on each four corners ;-)))
  • Celtic played a friendly at Chelsea a few years ago!
  • Might go to one of the Brentford friendlies as Im not holding out much hope for a Valley friendly in the summer....
  • Celtic have played Fulham or QPR away pre-season several times over recent years. Been to a couple with a Celtic mate and there was never a hint of trouble. Just a really good atmosphere and a few beers locally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Celtic have played Fulham or QPR away pre-season several times over recent years. Been to a couple with a Celtic mate and there was never a hint of trouble. Just a really good atmosphere and a few beers locally.

Not what i heard at the Fulham game, Fighting with each other in the park, abusing locals etc etc

• They managed to conduct themselves fairly well in Seville with a much larger crowd, should be fine. I suspect a lot of the hysteria on here is because of Sevco's poor behaviour at the match in Manchester, but they're a completely different kettle of pish.

Not what i heard at the Fulham game, Fighting with each other in the park, abusing locals etc etc

Total Bollocks!!

Total Bollocks!!
    Really!!!!! Next you will tell me they did not shout abuse at our troops at the Emirates or boo a minutes silnce for rememberance !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told first hand from locals who we were talking to who i have mentioned before who are egg chasing fans, so have no axe to grind with any set of football fan.

• Don't know about at fulham but it definitely kicked off at Lincoln. Wasn't that bad though.
  • Boom said:

Don't know about at fulham but it definitely kicked off at Lincoln. Wasn't that bad though.

Careful you might get teh BOLLOCKS treatment ;-)

Best fans in the world dont you know

Total Bollocks!!
    Really!!!!! Next you will tell me they did not shout abuse at our troops at the Emirates or boo a minutes silnce for rememberance !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told first hand from locals who we were talking to who i have mentioned before who are egg chasing fans, so have no axe to grind with any set of football fan.

Hmm. I'm not in a position to get into a massive row as I've only been to see them three or four times in London. They definitely have an element it's just that I've never witnessed it personally. The group of them we were with were pure gold.
  • I wonder if they will keep the brentford fans in to let the celtic fans catch there trains
  • I wonder if they will keep the brentford fans in to let the celtic fans catch there trains

Get Charlton to organise it for them.....

That still angers me!