Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life allergies

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
Anyone on here have an allergy to any types of food?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7012794.stm

Comments

• not foods but dog fur. it really is strange how people body react and works.
  • Peanuts and Pear Drops. But I still eat Pear Drops.
  • edited September 2007
    I have an allergic reaction to gambling. Every time I see my money going down the pan I break out in a cold sweat
  • Ibrufen brings me out with little bumps on my hands and head for some reason. Have to stay clear of Nurofen etc, and can only really take plain paracetemol
  • Cat and dog fur.
  • Cat fur maked me sneeze. Great with 2 cats.....

I went to school with a lad who had a peanut allergy and mistakenly ate a chocolate bar with peanuts in it. His throat swelled and he passed away before an ambulance arrived... Very sad. Was a top lad
  • edited September 2007
    Allergic to the basic tetanus injection which I have to have every five years for work, so i get the "simple" tetanus jab.

Also get a weak version of hayfever every summer, but if I try to mow the lawn when it is dry I get a very bad reaction, swollen eyes and throat etc
  • I'm allergic to hard work......

or so i keep getting told!!
  • Think Women in general are allergic to me :-)
  • pollen and peanuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Alcohol for me:- every time i drink more than 15 pints of stella the basic motor functions cease to work and my eyesight goes, I do however obtain the gift of tongues and can speak in an hitherto undiscovered language wherein are contained the secrets of the universe. Shame I can't manage English tho and why does Polish become so much easier?
  • edited September 2007
    wasp stings - i know everyone is to a certain extent but I have a major reaction to them. yes i know it is not food but that's all i am allergic to
  • i know of no allergies for me
  • i am alergic to trains, toobs and general public trarnsport!
  • Funny how the first three posters on this thread are all food related......salad, tongs (for the barbie) and ms sausage
  • coconut, makes me very ill (especially when in a curry after eight pints)
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]coconut, makes me very ill (especially when in a curry after eight pints)

tell you what large, i am in a curry after four! just fall in like!! ;-)
  • Cat & Dog fur
  • edited September 2007
    This is something that confuses me...

Are we as a race gradually developing more allergies, or is a just that there is more research now, so we are more aware of them?

ie: 50 years ago if someone had died from a reaction to eating a peanut, it would have just been thought of as a freak death?

or 50 years ago did no one die from peanut allergies?
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Funny how the first three posters on this thread are all food related......salad, tongs (for the barbie) and ms sausage

who's allergic to me? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Toilet paper for me

Can make things difficult!!
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Toilet paper for me

Can make things difficult!!
    You're supposed to flush it away, not eat it ................ uuuurgh!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Toilet paper for me

Can make things difficult!![/quote]You're supposed to flush it away, not eat it ................ uuuurgh![/quote]

Oh silly me.Didn't see the 'food' bit.
    No,i can eat what i like.

.......Just can't wipe it away. :-(
  • edited September 2007
    Allergic to pears, oddly enough, and I have ridiculously bad Hay Fever.

Hazelnut also makes me puke every time I eat anything with it in - but I've had that tested and apparently it's 'not an allergy'. So I guess eating a food that makes you physically sick every time it touches your throat is 'normal' then.

Doctors don't know s***
  • LOL how can you be allergic to toilet paper ??????

talk about getting a bum deal...
  • A right pain in the arse
  • I'm allergic to seeing fat, overpaid to$$ers jog around on the pitch and pick up their 50 k a week. Hasselbaink..

Since we've been in the Championship with Pardew as our leader i no longer get an allergic reaction to that.

Seriously though i'm allergic to ear drops.

Also i've got one annoying cold at the moment, anybody got any remedies etc?, so i can go Coventry feeling fine !
  • Gobby no mark Orange-tinted Croyden based plonkers
    Ibuprofen
    Penicillin
    Wheat - I get skin rashes/eczema
    I used to get terrible hay fever and then suddenly in my forties it has just stopped
    I used to be a parrot but I'm alright now, alright now, alright now
  • Since getting my two cats Kevin and Perry i've discovered i'm allergic to their fur! Also lactose intolerant and I think i'm allergic to mint as cleaning my teeth with mint toothpaste makes me throw up and mints/chewing gum makes me sneeze!
  • [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]This is something that confuses me...

Are we as a race gradually developing more allergies, or is a just that there is more research now, so we are more aware of them?

ie: 50 years ago if someone had died from a reaction to eating a peanut, it would have just been thought of as a freak death?

or 50 years ago did no one die from peanut allergies?

I think we have just become a bit of a softer society, there is just names for more things that's all. I will never be able to take anyone seriously who can lay claim to suffering an 'injury' from operating a computer and mouse all day for example.