Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Changing of club emblem

WSSWSS
edited September 2007 in Other Football and Sports
don't worry...

I’ve noticed more and more clubs have started to change/adapt their club badges. Has this been happening down the years or is a recent thing that I’ve never noticed before?

I’m thinking of the likes of Boro, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea (and probably a few more) who have all had redesigns. I wonder what the thinking is behind this?

What would our reaction be if the hand in sword got changed?

(the more creative of you can come up with some new ideas…)

Comments

• Prefer the older badges from the 40's to be honest
  • i would hate to lose our current badge partly because i have it tatooted on my arm.

i do remember a lame april fools joke in the programe a few years ago about changing the badge.
  • [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]i do remember a lame april fools joke in the programe a few years ago about changing the badge.

One was a tacky image of a Robin! Remember there being a few posts to 'Your Views' complaining about it! D'oh
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]don't worry...

I’ve noticed more and more clubs have started to change/adapt their club badges. Has this been happening down the years or is a recent thing that I’ve never noticed before?

I’m thinking of the likes of Boro, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea (and probably a few more) who have all had redesigns. I wonder what the thinking is behind this?

What would our reaction be if the hand in sword got changed?

(the more creative of you can come up with some new ideas…)

The sword in hand badge is a relatively modern design compared with most of the others. It was introduced in the early sixties. It fits the bill for me as a distinctive and simple emblem. I can't see why it needs changing. Were the club to think about changing it, I would hope they consulted the fans before so doing.
  • some are made for copyrights but i would hate ours to change
  • I like our badge

But would be interested to see other options
  • i'd be surpised if anyone didn't like our badge.

Wait till the club relocates to Kent, and the new badge has a caravan on it......
  • See I'm a fan of the badge on the old shirts like this one
  • Be well p*ssed off for same reason as Rose & Crown would bill the club to have the new one tattooed over the top.
  • Here's a new one for Charlton Life:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2007
    In these days of knife crime I find our current emblem totally unacceptable.
    I have started a campaign to replace the blade with a bottle of water - sans lid of course :-)
  • I have a big sword on my back so would not be best pleased!

plus i think we have a great badge!
  • Like it Salad very good
  • Got some good badges in the club shop right now. I especially like the C A F inside a club from a pack of cards that was used in the 30s. Like the original sword in hand better than the one now. Then the sword and gauntlet were better drawn/defined.