Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Charlton kit 2013/14

edited April 2013 in General Charlton
As a kit change every season is the norm for most teams these days I think its likely to expect a new offering from Nike next season.

Going by the way they handle other football league clubs we will get one of the standard Nike shirt templates with a Charlton badge slapped on it.

Most of the templates already in use by other clubs can be seen here nike.com/nikefootball/kit-builder/?locale=en_GB

Im a fan of the chevron style (think Southend used it recently), love to see a Charlton version of this :

Comments

• Man U kit from about 5 years ago...no thanks.
    Plain red, white shorts, red socks. Perfect.
  • I understand it has been chosen and is drawn from design options from Nikes range
  • Red kit with white round collar and fat sleeve ends (evertons kit this year in red then), with a swedish sponsor, white shorts, hooped red socks
  • razil said:

I understand it has been chosen and is drawn from design options from Nikes range

Yeah pretty much what I said to start with. I can imagine the choice for 2013/14 was made before xmas.
  • I like what we have already, plain and simple
  • Sponsor really is cack
  • JT said:

Sponsor really is cack

Beggers can't be choosers
  • Was it only for a year the sponsor?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought everyone knew it was only a 1 year kit/sponsor ?. Pretty sure people were talking on here a few months ago about seeing the options for next years shirt.
  • sam3110 said:

Red kit with white round collar and fat sleeve ends (evertons kit this year in red then), with a swedish sponsor, white shorts, hooped red socks

I think thats this one:

• sam3110 said:

Red kit with white round collar and fat sleeve ends (evertons kit this year in red then), with a swedish sponsor, white shorts, hooped red socks

So, basically, Barnsley's shirt. No disrespect to Barnsley, but don't we have their last year's shirt this season. I'd prefer to have one that doesn't make us look like Barnsley's little brother.

• JT said:

Sponsor really is cack

It's the current kit that's a bit cack, being a bog standard Nike Pub kit, with no contrasting collar...
  • JT said:

Sponsor really is cack

It's the current kit that's a bit cack, being a bog standard Nike Pub kit, with no contrasting collar...
    Thats just the way shirt making go. These days Nike arent going to put resources into designing and supplying a bespoke kit for a team that arent going to sell more shirts then their average home attendance.

A fat contract like Man U on the other hand, who will sell millions around the world they would make the effort for.
  • I don't mind having a kit from a catalogue I'd just rather have one that is new than one that a team we played last season has already worn.

I liked the shirt with a collar and the stripes on the inside kind of under the arms.

To be honest, none of them are ideal, but they will be red and will have our badge on them so I suspect I'll buy one - probably the day they come out - especially if we get rid of the naff looking sponsor on the front!
  • We signed the contract very late, hence we ended up with the most basic shirt for 2012/13. For 2013/14 we'll have a wider choice of (off the peg) shirt designs.

Personally I preferred it when we went with someone smaller and had more input into the design
  • I don't mind having a kit from a catalogue I'd just rather have one that is new than one that a team we played last season has already worn.

I liked the shirt with a collar and the stripes on the inside kind of under the arms.

To be honest, none of them are ideal, but they will be red and will have our badge on them so I suspect I'll buy one - probably the day they come out - especially if we get rid of the naff looking sponsor on the front!

Yeah me too, Ill probably get the shirt on day one and pay in super-quick time, then queue for an additional hour to get a name printed on it.

• imageimage

Collar or no collar?

This would be cool for an away kit if change the blue to black:

• Sponsored links:

• lol
  • They've released the new season's Nike templates. I don't know whether we'll have something from this or from last season's.
  • Thought the new kit was to be avail before the end of season? anyone any idea when?
  • It varies, in 09/10 it wasnt till late July/Aug that the new kits became available...
  • Depends how quick they can sew in the sweat shops of the far east.
  • sralan said:

Depends how quick they can sew in the sweat shops of the far east.

Sad but true.
  • Prefer collars on kits
  • Love our kit this season... Same again
  • We need more black on our home kit.
  • I remember hearing that it would be in the shop for the last home game. But not heard anything recently so don't know how likely that is.