Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Florent Rouamba (new signing CONFIRMED)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Subject to a work permit......our record in that area is not good.

Balanos
    Kerr (who got one at Millwall two weeks later)
    Caliagari
    Alex

All refused.
  • Prem next season
  • Interesting signing. May surprise a few
  • He'll look great sitting on the bench

• Absolutely bizarre.

Can anyone just turn up at Sparrows Lane and get a contract these days???
  • Good at covering ground and sweeping up, I've heard, although someone else told me he sucked
  • Played for "FC Sheriff Tiraspol, who have dominated the Moldovan National Division in recent times"...???

Come on. Please someone tell me this is an April 1st wind up posted before the bank holiday.
  • Give him a chance first eh?
  • I reckon he'll be better than Dervite :-)
  • Sponsored links:

Ha ha. that's Coolio, is it not ?
    either that or our new signing..

• Absolutely bizarre.

what's bizarre is you slagging him off although I bet you know nothing about him
  • Primarily a defensive-minded midfielder, he has spent the last six years playing for FC Sheriff Tiraspol, who have dominated the Moldovan National Division in recent times, winning 11 of the last 12 league titles and six league and cup doubles during that period.

should fit in well for us then as no cup/league titles on our horizon.
  • Anyone read 'Playing the Moldovans at Tennis', by Tony Hawks? Brilliant book about Moldova and it's footballers. Sadly about 15 years out of date.
  • Welcome Florent, the best of luck, lets hope you have a successful time at The Valley

• Absolutely bizarre.

what's bizarre is you slagging him off although I bet you know nothing about him
    Neither does anyone else..that's my point.
  • edited March 2013
    Welcome Florent. I think that you are going to be a VERY successful signing for CAFC .. signed on what is essentially a 3 month trial basis. As someone alluded to elsewhere, there are a lot of good professionals playing in the more obscure European leagues. Powell and the scouts have done well to find him, provided of course that a work permit will be granted.
    Fingers crossed
  • Moldova top flight, what league does that equate to here? Any moldovan addicks in here? :)
  • I think its good to add faces and freshen up the squad

Welcome and good luck
  • razil said:

Moldova top flight, what league does that equate to here? Any moldovan addicks in here? :)

Premier League, top four.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    Another player stuck at a hotel, someone go and cheer him up.
  • How about iainment? He seems quite lively at the moment.
  • I am not going to pass comment until I see him............which looking at our fixtures, state of our pitch and his fitness levels probably means never.

Pouso anyone ?
  • Uboat said:

razil said:

Moldova top flight, what league does that equate to here? Any moldovan addicks in here? :)

Premier League, top four.
    Ha Ha , more like Blue Square Premier League,

Seriously this guy could be JUST what we need.

• Looks mean that's for sure
    Give the guy a chance who nows got nothing to lose
  • Uboat said:

Anyone read 'Playing the Moldovans at Tennis', by Tony Hawks? Brilliant book about Moldova and it's footballers. Sadly about 15 years out of date.

Don't play Spinu!
  • Played for "FC Sheriff Tiraspol, who have dominated the Moldovan National Division in recent times"...???

Come on. Please someone tell me this is an April 1st wind up posted before the bank holiday.

At least you live up to your name ga!
  • Shrew said:

Another player stuck at a hotel, someone go and cheer him up.

Does he speak any English? No doubt speaks fluent French, so can jabber away to Kermo, Ceddy and Danny DeVito.

I guess the point of a short contract is to see how he adapts here?

Needs to be able to buy into what we're trying to achieve - and fit into the gang.
    Let's hope he mixes well with the squad at the training ground and socially.

• Welcome aboard the good ship Charlton Florent. Maybe we've found a good un.
  • Oi oi. Unproven my harris. Yeah because AFnat is still rubbish is it?

The key is whether he settles as a person. Thats where need to make him feel welcome.

Best dms in terms of the papa diop role rather.than the pirlo model are african players or french of african descent. Tiote, nathan sinkasa, papa diop in his day...quality players. Now he has to adapt because the style my brothers play is old school and honest. U slide in...and if u miss the other player just hurdles ur challenge and the game carries on. No fannying around like "oh ref...he didnt touch him but the the INTe