Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Continuity Announcer!!!!

He has just said after the weather....." In their first match since the departure of Jose Mouriniho, Arsenal take on Derby on MOTD in a few minutes"
PRICELESS!!!!

Comments

• At least it wasn't Delroy Haynes who said it (I used to work with him on Millennium FM)
  • I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the deliberate mistake on the big screen at half time today. And was that you doing the Norman Collier impression at one point BDL?
  • What deliberate mistake (SHHHHHH!) - Told Dan that I'd get the blame!
  • While we're havin a go Dave, what happened to 2nd halfs "The 4th official has indicated a minimum....."? ;-)
  • No idea - we were waiting but he didn't put the board up
  • What, they make you type the scores in as well as read them out? My word, the cost cutting has bit deep, hasn't it?
  • That's championship football for you, only a few steps away from Sunday mornings!
  • You know what, MoTD is a really smug little show now, all the golf course in jokes are ruining it
  • Agreed. Far too cozy.
    Bring back Jimmy Hill and Bob Wilson.
  • No fourth official giving 'time added on'.
    No 'time added on' at 90 minutes - despite five substitutions.
    Weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 minutes extra were played.
  • The special one had something to say about the likes of Hansen, Lineker and Shearer.

Mourinho told the Sunday Express: “The best job in the world is to be a sacked coach. You get up at 10.30am, take breakfast, go for a jog followed by a sauna and a calm surf of sporting sites on the net.

“Lunch with friends, a siesta, a walk, a meeting with your adviser to see how the markets are doing, a visit to the bank to weigh up the interest rates, or to see if the salary the club is still paying you has cleared the account.

“Return home, have a great meal with the family. That still leaves you time to criticise people you don’t know.

“There are so many coaches in this world who want to work but can’t and there are those dashing blades who, through their quality and prestige, could work but don’t want to, because life as a parasite fulfils them professionally and economically.

“Get to work you idle scoundrel! And if you don’t want to, let others work in peace.”
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The special one had something to say about the likes of Hansen, Lineker and Shearer.

Mourinho told the Sunday Express: “The best job in the world is to be a sacked coach. You get up at 10.30am, take breakfast, go for a jog followed by a sauna and a calm surf of sporting sites on the net.

“Lunch with friends, a siesta, a walk, a meeting with your adviser to see how the markets are doing, a visit to the bank to weigh up the interest rates, or to see if the salary the club is still paying you has cleared the account.

“Return home, have a great meal with the family. That still leaves you time to criticise people you don’t know.

“There are so many coaches in this world who want to work but can’t and there are those dashing blades who, through their quality and prestige, could work but don’t want to, because life as a parasite fulfils them professionally and economically.

“Get to work you idle scoundrel! And if you don’t want to, let others work in peace.”

Don't care what he says. He's a twat. Lineker is England's top goalscorer so he can say what he wants. Mourinho can piss off back to Portugal and never come back as far as I'm concerned - the smug meglomaniac 'special' git!
  • I think Sir Bobby got one more than the dirty little crisp muncher......
  • Lineker isn't top scorer, never won the 1st Divison, never won a major European trophy, however he's a smug sod with shit jokes. he's a Parasite
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I think Sir Bobby got one more than the dirty little crisp muncher......

Think that they are equal on 49.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I think Sir Bobby got one more than the dirty little crisp muncher......

Nope, the filthy jugged eared one got 48 and dear old Sir Bobby 49.
  • I think Owen will pass 50 though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Lineker isn't top scorer, never won the 1st Divison, never won a major European trophy, however he's a smug sod with shit jokes. he's a Parasite

Definately not true. He won the league with Everton and to be fair English clubs were banned from Europe at the time.

Think that you may have to re-think this Rothko.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I think Owen will pass 50 though.
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I think Sir Bobby got one more than the dirty little crisp muncher......

Nope, the filthy jugged eared one got 48 and dear old Sir Bobby 49.

Just checked. You're right, sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never won it with Everton, he was at Barca during the ban, and won nothing in Europe there, so I've thinked it, and I'm happy with my post
  • actually he won the Cup Winners Cup at Barca, WOW!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I think Owen will pass 50 though.

All ifs and buts.

Lineker is a legend in my book.......and besides I find his jokes quite funny.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]actually he won the Cup Winners Cup at Barca, WOW!

You're just helping my argument surely.
  • edited September 2007
    So the sum total of his career in Europe is a winners medal in the Cup Winners Cup, and that's allows him to be a smug twat on the tv? Cool

Anyway, give me Mourinho record as a coach, and he's more then allowed to a big head
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Never won it with Everton, he was at Barca during the ban, and won nothing in Europe there, so I've thinked it, and I'm happy with my post

You win again. I'm sure the Beegees were top with this hit in 1987 though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So the sum total of his career in Europe is a winners medal in the Cup Winners Cup, and that's allows him to be a smug twat on the tv? Cool

But surely Mourinho is more smug. I've never seen anyone smugger than that git. 'Special One' my arse
  • I dunno, 99 League games at home unbeaten, 1 UEFA cup, 1 Champion League, a Couple of Portugese League titles, back to back Premier League titles, 1 FA cup, 2 Carling Cups, a couple of Champions League semi finals.

I'll be a smug git with a record like that
  • edited September 2007
    And he (Big Ears) has been a very naughty boy for years while constantly coveteing a wholesome image. I don't like hypocrisy.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]And he has been a very naughty boy for years while constantly coveteing a wholesome image. I don't like hypocrisy

I had that in the back of mind as well, but didn't want to upset Jimmy anymore