Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

lá sona st Pádraig

Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all.
Have a good one if you are celebrating .

Comments

• 'Top o Mornin to ya '
    Have a cracking day to everyone celebrating, just a shame it's on a sunday for me .
  • Nope, working
  • I can't drink Guiness,it has fish enzymes in it! Have a good 'un though!

Myth. The Veggie society say there aren't. Might have a quick half at lunchtime (to celebrate being 1/16th Irish apparently !).;-)

Happy St.Patrick's Day y'all !

• edited March 2013
    Haa! In New York, even the Puerto Ricans are Irish for the day. Being English and not liking green lager, I think I'll wait for 23rd April.

Myth. The Veggie society say there aren't. Might have a quick half at lunchtime (to celebrate being 1/16th Irish apparently !).;-)

Serious? Get in, I liked a pint of the black stuff! Cheers MOG!

Yeah and you can have a bag of pork scratchings too cause I swear theres no meat in the last pack I bought! Ffs
  • edited March 2013
    Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic:

I can't drink Guiness,it has fish enzymes in it! Have a good 'un though!

It really does depend on a persons own view/opinion AUN.

http://www.vegsoc.org/page.aspx?pid=733#

• BIG_ROB said:

I can't drink Guiness,it has fish enzymes in it! Have a good 'un though!

Yeah and you can have a bag of pork scratchings too cause I swear theres no meat in the last pack I bought! Ffs
    Sound a bit grouchy mate, you ok?

Anyway, back to the Irish. . . . . . .
  • Yeah, sound! Fiddly Diddly to yous all
  • Sponsored links:

So you're only 15/16 mog?
  • As someone with some Irish heritage I think it's possibly one of the most cringe days of the year
  • Aun

I am doing a great line in mole and fox scratchings if you want it with your guiness

Happy paddy day to all who celebrate it
  • Nolly that was yesterday
  • nolly said:

As someone with some Irish heritage I think it's possibly one of the most cringe days of the year

This
  • Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all.

Sod St Patrick .............................. Its my Birthday
  • yes it was

Have a good Paddies day to the Irish CAFC peeps
  • The guiness hats and leprechaun beards are proper cringe.

I know it's only a bit of fun but you see grown adults wearing stupid costumes whilst sipping on a drink they never usually drink and aren't enjoying and it makes you think what the fucks this all about?!
  • Kap10 said:

breithlá sona
  • nolly said:

As someone with some Irish heritage I think it's possibly one of the most cringe days of the year

This
    Double this. I'm glad that St. George's day is only followed by the minority.
  • Sponsored links:

• yes it was

Have a good Paddies day to the Irish CAFC peeps

Slainte
  • The guiness hats and leprechaun beards are proper cringe.

I know it's only a bit of fun but you see grown adults wearing stupid costumes whilst sipping on a drink they never usually drink and aren't enjoying and it makes you think what the fucks this all about?!

Maybe they're just having a good time ?

Happy St Pats to all, not sure i can face a drink after yesterday !
  • edited March 2013

The guiness hats and leprechaun beards are proper cringe.

Like you say Gary...only a bit of fun, not a Guinness drinker but may have a pint of 2 latter today, wifes 1/2 Irish so I tend to go 'along with it'...might even wear a green t-shirt or something, but not a silly hat or ginger beared...have a good day mate.
  • My cousins, sister in law's dustman is Irish.

Still won't be celebrating.
  • Happy St Paddy's day - a good as excuse as any for a party.
  • Should change it to "Pub landlord day" as they seem to be the only ones bothered to try and ram the black stuff down every punters neck.................................

• Kap10 said:

breithlá sona
    Thanks .... I hope
  • Not sure why anyone thinks you have to be Irish to celebrate. St Patrick wasn't Irish, he was British. He was abducted at 16 and taken to Ireland to work as a slave-shephard.

If ever there was a reason not to celebrate it's the whole notion of sainthood - you'd have to spend a long time looking to find a more ridiculous notion.

I don't care though. I'm more than happy enough to fall prey to the Guinness family's marketing tactics.
  • i cant wait for Ibn Al-Farid's special day - my favourite muslim saint he is
  • "he that dieth not drunk hath missed the mark". Ibn Al-Farid