Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite Films/TV shows as a kid

When I was reading the favorite comics discussion I thought of this so what were your favorites ?
My favorite films were Home Alone 1 and 2 ,Favorite TV was teenage mutant ninja turtles and mighty morphin power rangers
I know sad to look back on but loved them

Comments

• Fuckin Thomas the Tank Engine. Winnie the Pooh. Sooty and sweep. Brum. The list of awesome shows goes on.

Disney films largely what i watched film wise. Aristocats is my favourite.
  • the aristocats is brilliant. when i was about 4 i didn't stop singing everybody wants to be a cat. and i hated edgar. but yes love that as well.
  • Bill & Ben. Unbeatable.
  • Cool Runnings, and same with the Turtles, they were everywhere when I was at primary school.
  • Bod, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Captain Pugwash.
  • The Dam Busters, one of the first films I ever saw, and on TV, Rin-Tin-Tin and Champion (the wonder horse). When I was very young: Muffin th Mule was all the rage.
  • Pipkins
    Grange Hill
    Wonder Years
    A Team
  • Grange Hill
    Battle of the Planets
    Why Dont You
    Starsky and Hutch
  • Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
    The Simpsons (still watch it now!)
  • edited March 2013
    Blakes 7
    Grange Hill
    Starskey & Hutch (would still love to have the car)
    Thunderbirds
    Dukes of Hazzard
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013

Bill & Ben. Unbeatable.

And they wonder why our generation became potheads :)

• Muffin the Mule was the greatest, closely followed by The flower pot men with special guest apparenance of Little Weed. Later i graduated onto the magic roundabout.
  • Brickabrack / Play School / Flicks ("flick through the pages of a book...")
    Dungeons and Dragons
    The Go Kids/ Cloak and Dagger (Henry Thomas movies)
    Wonder Years
    Quantum Leap

I HATED Why Don't You and Blue Peter. Might have been laziness-related.
  • edited March 2013
    shirty5 said:

Bod, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Captain Pugwash.

You and I are from same era Shirty. I'd also add Bagpuss, The Clangers, Paddington, The Wombles and Chigley to that list. Plus Grange Hill from 78-86.

Anybody remember a Children's ITV cartoon called Teetime & Claudia? Teetime was a dog voiced by Michael 'Dumbledore' Gambon and Claudia was a cat voiced by some Scottish woman.

Yeah I couldn't stand Why Don't You either. It was almost always the Belfast team asking us to watch a 'fillum'.

• Did used to like Jim'll fix it......though glad he never answered my letters!
  • edited March 2013
    Jim Henson's 'The Storyteller' was the most under-rated prgramme of my childhood era
  • Grange Hill
    Thunder thunder thundercats
  • Film - Dumb and dumber
    Cartoon - Recess
  • Sponsored links:

• Mr Ben , Pipkins , Bagpuss , Road Runner , Vision on , Future Bodies , Grange Hill , rhubarb & Custard , Whaki Races , catch the pigeon , finger bobs .

• edited March 2013
    Rag, Tag and Bobtail, Andy Pandy, Muffin the Mule, Larry the Lamb, Bill and Ben and Weed.
    Used to love watching Popeye, that was Popeye with Bluto before he turned into Brutus.
    Champion the Wonder Horse, Fury, Rin Tin Tin. Car 54 Where are you?

Oh, and Educating Archie on the radio. The only bloke who got away with a ventriloquist act on radio. The Clithero Kid, two Way Family Favourites.

• Talking about the radio, Round the Horn was one I had to listen to on a Sunday whilst eating my Sunday lunch.
  • Biker Mice From Mars. Proper 90s rubbish that.
  • Talking about the radio, Round the Horn was one I had to listen to on a Sunday whilst eating my Sunday lunch.

Still on now, R4Extra.

• The Rugrats (before the movie where Dill was born), Kenan and Kel, The Fresh Prince (still watch that today).

Toy Story.
  • I enjoyed Timeslip and Lost in Space, but on seeing the re-runs Lost in Space was pretty poor! Scary that a lot of the programmes mentioned above were watched by my now grown up children.
  • Rag, Tag and Bobtail, Andy Pandy, Muffin the Mule, Larry the Lamb, Bill and Ben and Weed.
    Used to love watching Popeye, that was Popeye with Bluto before he turned into Brutus.
    Champion the Wonder Horse, Fury, Rin Tin Tin. Car 54 Where are you?

Oh, and Educating Archie on the radio. The only bloke who got away with a ventriloquist act on radio. The Clithero Kid, two Way Family Favourites.

Posted this on the 'comics' thread this morning but perhaps it'll do here as well:

Still on now, R4Extra.

I didnt realise that, is it the original?
  • Lots of faves already mentioned including Trap Door - All the Oliver Postgate series, The watch with mother stuff, Magic Roundabout, Ludwig, Play Away, Grange Hill ( my mate Mark was "Gripper" ), Blue Peter. Film wise, The Amazing Mr Blunden, The Railway Children, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Saturday morning pictures stuff, like Ali and His Camel...