Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield v Charlton 2013 Post-match news & views

Great win, early goal and clean sheet. Up to 12th.... All yours...

Comments

• clueless amateur must have got lucky ;)
  • Safety confirmed IMO. Any team in the top half at this stage can't be serious relegation candidates.
  • I stayed away from the match thread today and we won... perhaps I should do this more often.
  • and can I throw in a "tactical ineptitude"?
  • Is that the biggest win of the season?
  • Bring back Hamer
  • Great result. Well played CP and the lads! Good weekend starts here. Thanks to all who provided the updates.
  • edited March 2013
    Great win. Another 3 points in the bag.

Can we all now please agree that any talk of relegation should cease?
  • Solid result, still not sure about this holding out for last 30 mins when a goal up, but hey it worked today so im happy
  • and can I throw in a "tactical ineptitude"?

Powell is a clueless clown. Sooner he goes the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still not secure yet because of the games in hand from below. But a few more points will see us over the line safe.

2 games unbeaten will do wonders for confidence.
  • Well done Chris Powell - hats off to you today sir for excellent substitutions today especially bringing on Dervite to shore up the defence & help lead us to victory.

Absolutely delighted of Alberta.
  • Off_it said:

Still not secure yet because of the games in hand from below. But a few more points will see us over the line safe.

Obviously not then!
  • We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...
  • Great result, 8 points from relegation a few more points and we are guarenteed safety. Nice time to win as well means we can go into next weeks game a little more relaxed
  • Looks like we have a left sided midfielder at last!

Saved us a bob or two.

Any of you doubters buying your season ticket for next year yet?
  • We scraped thru, I don't understand the rationale behind the substituting of a forward with a defender early in the second half when there's another forward on the bench... All it take is a deflection and we lose 2 points yet again and sitting back inviting shots will do just that! I'm not impressed at all as we should have wiped Huddersfield out...

I wonder if Burnley fans were moaning that they "scraped through" against us last week? Or do you genuinely exepct us to win by two or three clear goals every game?
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Still not secure yet because of the games in hand from below. But a few more points will see us over the line safe.

Obviously not then!
    8 points away with 9 games left isn't safe enough for me! I'll only be happy once it's mathematically impossible...
  • We are in a decent position but the league is very tight and with our home form the way it is, i won't feel comfortable until we have 55 points. Not so much worried as watchful.
  • Chris Powell has done a fantastic job this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great result today and the 'backs to the wall' worked. Maybe against better opposition it wouldn't have but it did today. It'll be interesting to hear from those who were there.
  • Sir Chris Powell has done a fantastic job this season.

• Ecstatic...now for a few brewskis

Commentators said that Alan Lee was dominating aerially, Powell must've felt the same so he threw Dervite on with the job of keeping him quiet. Worked wonders.

Cannot agree more - absolute legend & a gentleman. Sort out the home form next season & we have to be looking at a promotion push - the away form this year is sensational.

• Chris Powell does seem to have the knack of pulling it out when we need to. 12th ain't too shabby.

• 2 games unbeaten will do wonders for confidence.

3 will be much better though.
  • Can we now please win a bleedin' game at home. I mean it's not much to ask, is it? And what better time to do than next week against those cheeky little ragamuffins from just up the road.

Hopeful of Bexley.

Agree.

Avoid relegation = good season. Mid table = great season. Anything higher = SCP manager of the year.

• edited March 2013
    After the disappointment of losing at home to Burnley last Saturday we've picked up 4 points out of 6 from two "must not lose" away games.

Great character from SCP and the lads and can I just add that Harriotts seems to be a far more effective player than Harriott:-)

47 points. Still some distance to absolute safety but we can certainly breathe easier tonight.

Well done once more to SCP and the lads!