Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

All quiet on the investment front...

A while ago there were several Koc and Bull type stories being bandied about regarding takeovers/ investment etc. These have been refuted by the Chairman at the recent VIP meeting. Unless I have missed something, it has gone pretty quiet on the matter. When I see the gulf in class between us and some teams , it is transparent to me that if, as I trust, we survive this season, then come August, we will be in a real battle unless we can acquire some real quality. I don't think we need huge money to be spent on the playing squad but oh for the likes of one or two Andy Reids. We have to step beyond the "promising" young players from lower leagues or also ran loanees from the premier league if we are to move forward. We need a couple of tried and tested names but that will only happen with money. Does anyone know or think there's any chance of this happening? No more unsubstantiated " spotted an Arab looking bloke in the directors box " nonsense if you please!

Comments

• Don't think the current owners have or are likely to have money for transfers in the summer without selling first. Think the club would be sold if the right offer comes in but at the moment I don't think there is any likelihood of that happening. TJ and MS are I believe between a rock and a hard place. I can't see things getting easier any time soon.
  • Was told that Jimenez is "still talking to some very rich people" with regards to the sale of the club by a very good source. This was about 2.5 weeks ago and he wouldn't tell me anymore, no matter how much I asked.
  • One consolation, looking at the top of L1, is that the team likely to come up, apart from the Blades, are all quite small, and unlikely to splash the cash in the way Soton and Brighton did when they came up.
  • Is this source someone from within the club? No name expected of course but a simple yes or no would do at this stage.
  • The money's in the bank, apparently.
  • I asked the question on Saturday that we were due another takeover thread , can't believe it took this long.
  • Bored of it all now I don't think I will believe another one if it comes along
  • CAFCsayer said:

Was told that Jimenez is "still talking to some very rich people" with regards to the sale of the club by a very good source. This was about 2.5 weeks ago and he wouldn't tell me anymore, no matter how much I asked.

Probably because the first thing you would have done is blab on here.............................. ;-)
  • I bought a euromillions ticket this week if that helps.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Was told that Jimenez is "still talking to some very rich people" with regards to the sale of the club by a very good source. This was about 2.5 weeks ago and he wouldn't tell me anymore, no matter how much I asked.

I remember you saying some rubbish a while back on that koc and bull story as well.... Do you actually love making up rubbish? Honestly feel for you
  • Sponsored links:

• In a nutshell, nothing going on it seems.
  • Definitely touting the club around, no takers so far.
  • £35m - hence no takers. Will be when they get real.
  • I was on the lookout for Dubai investors a few weeks ago :)

And how much would that be?
  • Don't worry.
    Acworth is in dialogue with the duke of Westminster.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Was told that Jimenez is "still talking to some very rich people" with regards to the sale of the club

this is where he is going wrong , he needs to be talking to some "stupid" very rich people who have money to burn and give away
    i can't understand how anyone would get involved , is there really profit available without ridiculous risk and how sustainable are clubs in the prem without spending all the ridiculous money received when getting there
    at some point surely salaries /expenditure etc must realign somewhat with the income received
    where will it all end !
  • CAFCsayer said:

Was told that Jimenez is "still talking to some very rich people" with regards to the sale of the club

this is where he is going wrong , he needs to be talking to some "stupid" very rich people who have money to burn and give away
    i can't understand how anyone would get involved , is there really profit available without ridiculous risk and how sustainable are clubs in the prem without spending all the ridiculous money received when getting there
    at some point surely salaries /expenditure etc must realign somewhat with the income received
    where will it all end !
    Not really that different from mainstream gambling then - football attracts people who convince themselves they can beat the odds. But there are still others out there who have enough money to afford the immediate losses and just want to own a PL club.
  • Think it must be the kudos of owning a club.Dont see how anyone could make money out of this game.look at the money we are hemorraging each month and there will be worse than us.would like to know the total put in at QPR ,and that just goes to show no matter how much you throw at it there are no gaurantees.
  • speculate to accumulate, even one year in the prem is such a huge amount and going up next year I believe, could easily more than double your money if successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• plus if you get something for free, in league 1 add value by getting it into the champs and can then sell it on to recoup your investment, you haven't really lost out, lots of ifs i know
  • hope your right razil and one day soon we get to find out.
  • Unfortunately you're not really adding value if it's costing you 7-8 million a year to keep the investment going and you do not have the resources to put your investment into a position (premiership) where you could maximize its value. (I may have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!)
  • this is where he is going wrong , he needs to be talking to some "stupid" very rich people who have money to burn and give away

Stupid rich would be a lot worse in the long term. They'd either get bored eventually and leave you in a worse state, or mess you about like the Venkys. Who will also get bored and leave them in a worse state.

• its a high risk investment, with a high return, but a club in champs has more resale value than a league 1 club with a far better squad - one assumes
  • Think your right about Blackburn red panda ,fear for them with the Venkys at the helm.

That would be a classic if true.

Buy it for nothing, generate significant further debt-funded losses, but claim you've created £35m of new value.
  • edited February 2013
    £35M is a big ask (if true) but how much value have they created? Could argue that at mid table we are halfway on our journey back the Premier league but how much will it cost to take CAFC to the next level, competing in the play-offs? Once CAFC do secure promotion then the club is worth a fair bit and will have positive cash-flows

Jordan pissed away much of a £40M fortune, didn't buy the ground and nearly got his club relegated when they took a 10 point deduction... and yet his successors have taken Palace into the top six. It is a very tight division.

There is much luck and uncertainty in football but one thing is very clear - clubs who sack managers doing a half decent job live to regret it when the wheels fall off.
  • There is much luck and uncertainty in football but one thing is very clear - clubs who sack managers doing a half decent job live to regret it when the wheels fall off.

Quite.
  • 35mill + 6 million a year for say 2 years (12million) then players investment to get us up 6 million so 50million.
    Assuming we get in the Prem. Then another 15 million on players so 65 million ----without being an "established" prem league club.

Thats big money and a big risk.