Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian Cooper

Now I haven't seen a replay of the Yann incident today so I don't know if the red card was justified or not, but one thing I do know is that Ian Cooper (the linesman that saw the incident from 70 yards away) is a massive Gillngham fan and despises Charlton.

Now I'm not saying he is bent, but I do wonder if he'd have "seen" the incident if it was a Forest player kicking one of ours?

Comments

• Why do that club hate us so ? Pointless club
  • It is strange that the incident was most clearly seen by the official furthest away?

• Now I haven't seen a replay of the Yann incident today so I don't know if the red card was justified or not, but one thing I do know is that Ian Cooper (the linesman that saw the incident from 70 yards away) is a massive Gillngham fan and despises Charlton.

Now I'm not saying he is bent, but I do wonder if he'd have "seen" the incident if it was a Forest player kicking one of ours?

How/what do you know?
  • Are you sure Ian Cooper "despises" us ? That's quite a claim if so.
  • I know his girlfriend very well.
  • So because you're smashing his missus, he's screwed us?

That's karma dude.
  • Ha! She is actually not bad, but I haven't slipped her one...........yet! ;o)

She s actually a referee as well, I think she refs in the Kent league.
  • But it was a red card so biased or not he made the right call.
  • But it was a red card so biased or not he made the right call.

He did indeed Henry (the git).
  • I know Ian very well and have run the line for him this season in the FA Cup. I can say without hesitation that he does not despise Charlton and isn't actually a Gillingham fan. He is a dedicated and well respected match official in and around Kent. To suggest he used even a sniff of bias during Kerm's red card is frankly nonsensical and ridiculous. He was on the line for the last game of last season against Hartlepool and there wasn't a card that day so that disproves the bias theory again. Also the hating Charlton is completely without substance and proof. Kermogant's red was a red whoever gave it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's what his missus told me Spankie. Never met the bloke so haven't heard it from the horses mouth.

But why would she tell me that if it wasn't true? She wasn't winding me up!

Also, I never said he was biased (I probably suggested he may have been), I just asked the question if he'd have seen another incident.

Were you at the game yesterday? He was the furthest official away and ran 70 yards to tell the ref what had happend even though the ref and other lino were no more than 10 yards away. In hindsight he did the right thing and made the right call so did very well. I posted the original post without seeing a video replay of the incident (I sit in the lower covered end so didn't get a view of it).

If (as you say) him hating Charlton is completely without substance and proof then you may want to tell him to ask his girlfriend to keep her mouth shut about it. In fact you're a ref, you probably know her (her name begins with L).

• This could get interesting...
  • if he hates us then why are we leting the c++t be alino at our games ?
  • I think it's been established he may not hate us. Now we need to decide if his bird beginning with an L is a would ya.. can we have a pic?

As for him being a c + + t... he is a lino I guess... so a good chance of that. No offense Spankie.