Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

david beckham

Beckham will not get a penny from psg he is giving his whole salary to a kids charity the man is just pure class

Comments

• Fantastic, good on you Becks. True sporting legend of this country.
  • Brilliant gesture, top top bloke.
  • Never been his biggest fan but this has raised my opinion of him. Nice one Dave!
  • dancafc said:

Beckham will not get a penny from psg he is giving his whole salary to a kids charity the man is just pure class

On that basis, surely we can afford him :-)
  • Very good but the kids would go without with our wage budget
  • Good one Becks.

• Oh please, yet more Brand Becham promotion.
    I bet he is keeping his image rights etc.
    Doubt he will prove a success.............OK I am probably the only person in the UK who hasn't rated him since his Man U days. And is tired of Brand Beckham.
    Doubt he will prove a success.............OK I am probably the only person in the UK who hasn't rated him since his Man U days. And is tired of Brand Beckham.

Knew it was a matter of time.....

I pretty much feel the same as you but the bottom line is some kids lives are going to be improved however small. He could have taken the wedge and added it to the rest of his millions but he hasn't. Don't really care if it was just a cynical ploy to edge him closer to 'sainthood'.
  • Why do people have to always flip any good gesture.

These kids are benefiting. Don't look at what beckham gets out of it, look what the kids are getting.

Honestly....
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do people have to always flip any good gesture.

These kids are benefiting. Don't look at what beckham gets out of it, look what the kids are getting.

Honestly....

Agree 100% VG
  • Has this actually been confirmed by anyone?
  • "I won't receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children's charity. That's one of the things we are excited and proud to do."
    He added: "It's something the guys [PSG management] do, but obviously it's a very good figure. That's one thing we're very excited about. To be able to give a huge sum to a children's charity in Paris is very special."
  • edited January 2013
    Becks might get money from image rights etc (which he has ever right to do so) but that cash is going to a great cause and you got to tip your hat to the man.
    its not an unselfish gesture btw, I'm sure he's real happy with himself, which is fine as well i guess.
    so few rich people stop the greed and give a little back.
  • It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?
  • It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?

So the French pay him all this money and he goes and gives it to a different country? Sure that would go down very well with his employers.

Beckham has done loads for charities and good causes all around the world, this country included. But let's forget that and keep slating him shall we?

Some people really need to get a life.
  • "I won't receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children's charity. That's one of the things we are excited and proud to do."
    He added: "It's something the guys [PSG management] do, but obviously it's a very good figure. That's one thing we're very excited about. To be able to give a huge sum to a children's charity in Paris is very special."

Cheers
  • edited January 2013

It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?

I suspect they do give a lot to charities in this country too..maybe its not reported like with many footballers who give some of their money to such causes.

Trouble is I suspect they get a bit of stick for choosing one over the other...

• Top rate of Tax in France is 70%
  • cafctom said:

It's a pity that Beckham's money is not going to BRITISH charities, charities in the country which made him a 'superstar'. Why this sudden love affair with things French ?

So the French pay him all this money and he goes and gives it to a different country? Sure that would go down very well with his employers.

Beckham has done loads for charities and good causes all around the world, this country included. But let's forget that and keep slating him shall we?

Some people really need to get a life.
    The 'French' are not paying him any money are they ? .. the money is going straight to charity so we are led to believe. Good luck to Beckham, but I suspect an ulterior motive in Beckham's altruism. PSG have spent millions on players over the past few months. Are you convinced that a 37 year old has been in footballing terms is joining the football club solely for footballing reasons ?. I doubt very much if he will get much first team action.
    I expect soon to see Beckham signing lucrative deals with French perfumeries or expensive clothing outlets as he has done in the past , something to tie him and PSG to expensive retailing and commerce. We will see.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a strange outlook on the whole situation
  • He should have kept every penny then? Wierdos!
  • There's always a few
  • What a strange outlook on the whole situation

Cette.

• Some right miserable sods on here. It's a very nice gesture. A charity will get a large amount of money it otherwise would not have received thanks to Beckham, regardless of whatever else he may earn while he's out there. Top bloke
  • Even if there are ulterior motives it's a great gesture and some children who need the money will benefit.
  • yeah but those kids might not be english

Yann?

• Cos' Becks really needs a publicity stunt