Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colin Holland RIP (@cholland)

Another Charlton supporting legend lost to us, Colin passed away at 9.15 on Thursday evening, Valley Party Candidate, proper hardcore Charlton and a totally decent bloke. RIP mate.

Comments

• RIP Colin. Good bloke!
  • Bloody hell we ain't having it too good

RIP
  • RIP Colin.
    A really nice man, knew him through Clive. Seen him at many grounds, stations and pubs across the country.
  • We have lost one of the great guys here. Unless he was away on business Colin never missed a game home or away. Was one of the kindest people I have ever met, with a great sense of humour. Not only did we go to games together we also went to Cricket and Rugby League, his passion for going to watch live sport was unrivaled to anyone I knew.

As Ian says, was a Valley party candidiate and also the editor of Valiants Viewpoint for a number of years.

He will be very much missed by a great number of people, the number of people who have asked Clive at away games this season in the first instance of 'where's Colin' or on in the second instance 'how is Colin doing' for me speaks volumes to the great loss we have suffered.

RIP my good friend
  • Seems The Valley in the sky will need the capacity increased after all of the recent passings.

RIP once again.
  • Can a picture be posted
  • This has been a very bad week for me. A good friend of mine took his own life on Tuesday and now the sad news that Colin has passed. Only the good die young. RIP Colin Holland
  • Sorry to hear that VM as well.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

We have lost one of the great guys here. Unless he was away on business Colin never missed a game home or away. Was one of the kindest people I have ever met, with a great sense of humour. Not only did we go to games together we also went to Cricket and Rugby League, his passion for going to watch live sport was unrivaled to anyone I knew.

As Ian says, was a Valley party candidiate and also the editor of Valiants Viewpoint for a number of years.

He will be very much missed by a great number of people, the number of people who have asked Clive at away games this season in the first instance of 'where's Colin' or on in the second instance 'how is Colin doing' for me speaks volumes to the great loss we have suffered.

RIP my good friend

I can only echo what my brother (JohnnyH2) has written about my good friend Colin Holland. A wonderful man who was extremely kind and generous. Never once did he moan about his illness or let it stop him from getting to games. I've spent the last 20 years going to games with Colin along with my mate (Clive) and brothers and it will not be the same again without him there.

Thanks for the memories Colin. You will be missed greatly.

RIP my friend.
  • Always saw him at away games and pre-season friendlies and echo what previous posters have written of him being a tip top bloke.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad to hear that. RIP Colin
  • Another good 'un gone.
    RIP Colin.
  • Shirty et al, am I right presuming he used to post on here as cholland ?
  • Shirty et al, am I right presuming he used to post on here as cholland ?

That's right Danny
  • RIP Colin
  • edited January 2013
    I can only say that what my two younger brothers have said about Colin, could not have been put any better. I'm glad to have had the honour to say that he was a very dear friend over the last 20 years, and will be sadly missed by all that knew him.

Rest in peace Colin.

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4405128/collin-holland-tribute

• Sponsored links:

• Very sad even though it was expected. It seems he dealt with his illness as he dealt with life, with a smile on his face.

Knew him for many years via my brother and sister in law who worked with him at Morgan Grampian in Woolwich.

I think he grew up in Devon and then moved to SE London for work and came to the Addicks that way.

Lovely guy. RIP Colin
  • That's a real shame. I never knowingly met Colin, buy he was an active member on here for six years, and always come across well.

Got the impression he was a real rain or shine home and away fan as well.

RIP Colin, and thoughts with your friends and family.
  • Didn't know his name but definitely recognise his pic in shirty5s link.
    I think he was a real ale enthusiast and at away games, 9 times out of 10 would be in the same backstreet pub as our group would (reluctantly on my account being a lager drinker) seek out.
    RIP
  • Very familar face now i have seen the pic

Rip
  • edited January 2013
    I've just seen the picture and realised I recognised him and have seen him around as part of our Charlton family for about 30 years on the away game scene but never actually knew his surname or anything about his career.

The only work related matter I do vaguely remember was I am sure he managed to wrangle an assignment in Italy to coincide with our Anglo Italian Cup tie in Brescia nearly 20 years ago.

He has been one of those faces you always saw and was always good for a chat on a train or in a pub,this is really sad news.Nice guy.

RIP Colin.
  • Very sad news. RIP Colin.
  • Remember Colin from the Valley party days.
    Very sad news, another good guy we have lost - RIP Colin.
  • 2 of the real charlton old guard gone in a matter of weeks. RIP