Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Undateables

Think there was a thread on this from the last series but can't find it

Sometimes it does feel like Channel 4 are exploiting but it does have some LOL moments and also genuinely touching ones as well.

The girl Sarah was pretty and can't believe her ex dumped her after she had a stroke...what a wanker. The guy she went on a date with was from Bexleyheath.

Comments

• He was from Bexley Heath.

I don't why, but I do like a good old Tourette story line.
  • Saw the elephant man from last years one at the darts a couple of weeks ago.
  • edited January 2013
    It was quite unnerving seeing that girl Sarah. She was obviously a really bright woman but a light had been switched off. Scary.
    The Tourette's lad was a top bloke and he pulled a cutie. Fair play to him.
    First time I've seen the prog and it didn't feel exploitative.
  • This episode wasn't bad at all but the last series was set out more like a piss take than a story at times
  • Saw a trailer, that was enough for me. Yet another pointing and laughing programme. Disgusting.
  • Saw a trailer, that was enough for me. Yet another pointing and laughing programme. Disgusting.

To be fair, it wasn't like that at all
  • Not for me , didn't channel four do the para Olympics as well
  • Valley11 said:

Saw a trailer, that was enough for me. Yet another pointing and laughing programme. Disgusting.

I will have to trust you on that one VG.
  • nolly said:

Not for me , didn't channel four do the para Olympics as well

Would've thought it would have been the perfect programme for you nolly. or did you fail the audition?
    ;-)
  • edited January 2013

Valley11 said:

Saw a trailer, that was enough for me. Yet another pointing and laughing programme. Disgusting.

That was Valley11 that said that but I mostly agree with him.
    i guess sometimes programmes like this can help break the barriers and make people understand the difficulty some people have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

i guess sometimes programmes like this can help break the barriers and make people understand the difficulty some people have.
    Apologies. I think 95% of people watching are not interested in breaking down barriers or understanding anyone, they just think it is "entertainment". Glad you two are not.
  • Valley11 said:

Indeed. People laugh because they can't deal with it. I thought the prog was sensitive, informative and, most importantly, empowering for those who featured in it.
  • Valley11 said:

Apologies. I think 95% of people watching are not interested in breaking down barriers or understanding anyone, they just think it is "entertainment". Glad you two are not.
    I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't laugh at points...some of the Tourette's stuff was brilliant...but I also understand how frustrating it must be for him. In the end he found a girl who didnt give a s**t about his twitch and outbursts and it made for great viewing.

I do get what you're saying tho, some people do just laugh without a care for the people that suffer and that is basically taking the piss.
  • Missus went to school with that Gary fella that went on a date with the non speaking girl
  • A ha, a gentlemen never tells !
  • Think there was a thread on this from the last series but can't find it

Sometimes it does feel like Channel 4 are exploiting but it does have some LOL moments and also genuinely touching ones as well.

The girl Sarah was pretty and can't believe her ex dumped her after she had a stroke...what a wanker. The guy she went on a date with was from Bexleyheath.

wasn't his name Gary?.....;o)

• Not funny off it
  • Think there was a thread on this from the last series but can't find it

wasn't his name Gary?.....;o)

Ha it was mate, altho it weren't me as my missus doesn't shut up!
  • Love it! I agree it has some very funny moments but generally its not really exploiting them in my opinion, you do feel sorry for them aswell.
  • The guy from Bexleyheath and the goth girl who was with the Tourette's sufferer were both brilliant and the programme highlights that there are decent people out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fella from Bexleyheath is a mate and he's being slaughtered for saying 'do you come here often?' on a rowing boat in the middle of a lake.
  • It was like a who's who of CL members ;-)
  • redcarter said:

The fella from Bexleyheath is a mate and he's being slaughtered for saying 'do you come here often?' on a rowing boat in the middle of a lake.

tell him not to worry about it. Seemed a decent bloke and he came across well. The girl was obviously difficult to talk to and continue a conversation with because of her stroke but he did ok. All he needs to see was the smile on her face when she returned home and know that he at least made her feel very happy and special that day.

• edited January 2013
    redcarter said:

The fella from Bexleyheath is a mate and he's being slaughtered for saying 'do you come here often?' on a rowing boat in the middle of a lake.

one of the moments i laughed at. he seemed like a top bloke.

Is he with her now?
  • The missus checked his facebook and it appears not
  • No didn't go any further
  • And he ate her pudding, greedy bastard
  • My favourite was, I think his name was Michael, saying to his date,
    "ask me how many girls I've been out with",
    so she asks him and he replies,
    "a gentleman never tells".
    Brilliant.
  • The part introducing Sarah at the beginning, where she's standing in a corridor being passed by schoolboys was filmed in my old school. I'm guessing that she was doing her A levels there when she had her stroke, as it's an all boys school up until the 6th form. Useless information, but it made me happy!!
  • Think it's pitched perfectly to be honest - doesn't shy away and pretend they don't have disabilities, but show them as what they are, good sides of the people and any bad.

Felt most sorry by a mile for the girl who had a stroke - how frustrating must it be to know exactly what you want to say but not be able to.

My favourite bit was Michael giving his date a 'surprise' of the rose that he'd had sitting next to him half the date.