Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Captain's Funeral

This will take place on Monday 21st January at 3.30 at Falconwood Crematorium, will be a black tie job, going to sort a floral tribute, no flags on the coffin or anything but he will have his Charlton shirt on. Sorting a floral tribute, will know more detail in a few days but wanted people to know the date asap for time off, travel etc. May be wise to book the day after off as well.

Comments

• Thanks Ian, hope your ok fella
  • Thanks Ian. Hopefully see you later.
  • Thank you Iain for this update. Is this Eltham Crematorium just off the A2?
  • Thanks for confirming, GH. Take care.
  • edited January 2013
  • Pretty sure you take the Falconwood exit off the a2 as you take the exit you will see the Crematorium on your left, at the top of the slip you have to turn right, then i would turn right again By Falconwood Railway station then do a u turn and cross back over the a2 going along Riefiled road, then carry on to the end and at the lights turn left then turn left again by the petrol station and that road takes you to the crematrium, best to check map 1st but sure that will get you there.
  • Best of luck with it all Ian
  • Sponsored links:

• Badger said:

Pretty sure you take the Falconwood exit off the a2 as you take the exit you will see the Crematorium on your left, at the top of the slip you have to turn right, then i would turn right again By Falconwood Railway station then do a u turn and cross back over the a2 going along Riefiled road, then carry on to the end and at the lights turn left then turn left again by the petrol station and that road takes you to the crematrium, best to check map 1st but sure that will get you there.

• Thought I did the directions...:)
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks Ian. Mum, Dad and I hope to be there.
  • Badger said:

Pretty sure you take the Falconwood exit off the a2 as you take the exit you will see the Crematorium on your left, at the top of the slip you have to turn right, then i would turn right again By Falconwood Railway station then do a u turn and cross back over the a2 going along Riefiled road, then carry on to the end and at the lights turn left then turn left again by the petrol station and that road takes you to the crematrium, best to check map 1st but sure that will get you there.

The first left in Riefield rd and left at the end will take you in to the Crematorium.
  • I believe the family will be having a private event after the funeral, but I am told that the plan is for those who want to say goodbye in true Charlton fan style (ie, get hammered), to meet up afterwards at the Abbey Arms, opposite Abbey Wood station.
  • As Da9 has stated above re Abbey Arms was the info at the game on Sat.
  • Ian, hope you & Jake are okay.
    Who's meeting where and at what time ?
  • I'm going to be in the Falconwood Harvester about 2 - 2:30 onwards, might drive so may not go back to Abbey Arms.
  • i'm going and driving so ditto re DA9
  • I will be driving also will raise my glass in march in cons
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be hot wiring a choo choo to pay my last respects to Captain on Monday. Look forward to seeing some of you albeit in such difficult circumstances. I will have to scoot back home to Merseyside in the early evening though. See you later.
  • DA9 -- Mr Nut has sorted out the flowers . Im meeting MadDog and Big Bauldy in the Falcon wont be there before 2 tho.
  • There are going to be an awful lot of flowers then mate! Saw him today, respelendent in Charlton shirt and at peace without pain.