Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradley Pritchard

If you love him say....

Aye

Comments

• Aye. He's a good lad.
  • yeah i like him, but i just don't think he's technically good enough.
  • Top man works his socks off. Broke my heart when he hit the crossbar,..
  • Dave2l said:

Top man works his socks off. Broke my heart when he hit the crossbar,..

Aye
  • brilliant engine but I still think he is playing above himself - also plays well in a central position but shouldn't play wide right.
  • I think he epitomises a lot of what our football club is about in terms of application and endavour, were awash with arrogant overpaid footballers but he just loves the game and appreciate the opportunity, it's a fast rise from non league football and the guy is only getting better, lets be honest he's made a mockery Frimpong in the last two games
  • Dave2l said:

Top man works his socks off. Broke my heart when he hit the crossbar,..

Aye
    Aye
  • Out Midfield didn't win anything for the first 20 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Aye. Never going to be a goal machine but with the possible exception of Wilson no other midfielder on the books shows half the running and energy of Brad, Top guy as if we needed more reasons to love him.
  • edited December 2012

yeah i like him, but i just don't think he's technically good enough.

brilliant engine but I still think he is playing above himself - also plays well in a central position but shouldn't play wide right.

Don't understand comments like this, always come up in a thread about Pritchard.

Not good enough for what? Last seasons supposed best and most technical midfield of Green Stephens Hollands Jackson seriously lacked energy, movement and pace - Pritchard adds those things (as does Wilson).

He's not there to be creative or run at players. Defensively he doesn't give opponents time on the ball, but unlike say a Semedo he's not a defender playing in midfield. He's also willing to get forward, he gets the occasional assist and the way he's improving he'll hopefully start scoring the odd goal. He keeps the ball pretty well and has a decent touch.

A few months ago I hoped Razak and later Frimpong would add more strength and aggression to the midfield (with a bit of technical ability to go with that). Looking at our team now we really need to sign a proper playmaker, someone that can carry the ball and pick a pass (and better left midfielder would be nice). If we can do that it'll Jackson or Stephens that lose their place, not Pritchard.
  • Scoham said:

brilliant engine but I still think he is playing above himself - also plays well in a central position but shouldn't play wide right.

Don't understand comments like this, always come up in a thread about Pritchard.

Not good enough for what? Last seasons supposed best and most technical midfield of Green Stephens Hollands Jackson seriously lacked energy, movement and pace - Pritchard adds those things (as does Wilson).

He's not there to be creative or run at players. Defensively he doesn't give opponents time on the ball, but unlike say a Semedo he's not a defender playing in midfield. He's also willing to get forward, he gets the occasional assist and the way he's improving he'll hopefully start scoring the odd goal. He keeps the ball pretty well and has a decent touch.

A few months ago I hoped Razak and later Frimpong would add more strength and aggression to the midfield (with a bit of technical ability to go with that). Looking at our team now we really need to sign a proper playmaker, someone that can carry the ball and pick a pass (and better left midfielder would be nice). If we can do that it'll Jackson or Stephens that lose their place, not Pritchard.
    100% agree
  • Scoham said:

So true Scoham. Technical ability, for me, is not just whether you can control a ball and pass it accurately. It's more about how well the player fulfills the role assigned. Pritchard is getting better and better at his role(s).
  • Aye.
    100% effort, 100% commitment, looks to be positive, never hides. Wears the shirt with pride.
    Know a couple of lads who were mates of his through school and uni - they say he is a great lad and an amazing all-round sportsman.
  • Love him, brings proper energy to the midfield and works his arse off

Like when we had varney, if half the squad put the lung work in as those twowe wold be in the top three. I appreciate players play to instructions but Pritchard does as he is told and keeps putting it in
  • If Pritchard had a bit more experience of league football, he'd be playing in the premiership.

He's absolute quality.
  • Aye.
    100% effort, 100% commitment, looks to be positive, never hides. Wears the shirt with pride.
    Aye

• Sponsored links:

• The opposite to the likes of green, kerkar etc

He's not blessed with amazing ability but he works his nuts of, a proper team man who never goes into hiding like some

Aye
  • One thing worth remembering is he has very little league experience still. Way less than say Wagstaff and Green yet seems to be further on in his development. He plays every game like he is so appreciative of being given the chance. With the right coaching he could become a very decent footballer.
  • brilliant engine but I still think he is playing above himself - also plays well in a central position but shouldn't play wide right.

Agree with this Golfie. Think that there are plenty of players around who are better suited to this level, but without Pritchs work ethic. Long may he keep putting in these perfomances though and he is a proper Charlton player

• All footballers playing at this level are technically nearly 100% - no question. But its all about commitment, without commitment then you get a shite player.
    As for BP I'm with the AYES, top commitment, top player
  • he's brilliant
  • He's everything a Charlton player should be. Should never have been dropped when we were on such a good run. Thankfully he's a strong enough character to have shrugged it off.
  • Only seen two games live but very impressed by Pritchard. Great engine, great commitment and plenty of shouting and organising, which surprised me more than anything as a new pro.

Been said before but really reminded me of Keith Jones.
  • edited December 2012
    Scoham said:

Aye
    Agree with this, i also think Stephens looks a better player when he has the energy of Pritchard around him