Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Benitez

Comments

• God Knows but they deserve each other.

The dullest man ever when being interviewed. He can talk for 10 minutes without saying a single worthwhile thing.
  • He'd fit in here then
  • No compensation, still has a pad in England and has a pedigree. He also can get the fellow Spaniards playing better.
    He is only a stop gap til Guardiola joins next summer anyway
  • I don't quite get how you can offer someone an 18 month contract and call him an "interim manager" that's a fucking long interim!
  • It is at Chelsea early 3 x the length of service of the last 2

Muggy club muggy fans

• He was great at Valencia and Steven Gerrard won them the Champions League single-handedly.

His last two years at Liverpool were embarrasing. He thinks he's clever and he knows best. His time at Inter Milan was brief and he was laughed out of there.

Time will tell but I think, to be honest, Benitez and Chelsea deserve one another.
  • Torres is the reason.
  • The speed that this has happened, just goes to show the class of the club and the new manager. Talks must have started after the weekend.
  • That makes sense trying to get Torres fixed ...
  • gone by Christmas
  • Sponsored links:

• He'll have a point to prove after Liverpool/Inter, so even as a stopgap he'll want to do well. Whether he actually will is up for debate...
  • I don't quite get how you can offer someone an 18 month contract and call him an "interim manager" that's a fucking long interim!

He has a contract until the end of the season, so 8 months.

• Rob62 said:

I don't quite get how you can offer someone an 18 month contract and call him an "interim manager" that's a fucking long interim!

He has a contract until the end of the season, so 8 months.

That's about average for a Chelsea manager these days.

• Im more interested in where DiMatteo will go. Proved his worth I think and a pleasantly nonsense-free zone.
  • "Now the most unpopular caretaker since Ian Huntly" according to one of those viral text jokes that always seem to go around. Already been sent it 4 times FFS
  • Im more interested in where DiMatteo will go. Proved his worth I think and a pleasantly nonsense-free zone.

If Adkins goes at Saints, could see him there.

Im more interested in where DiMatteo will go. Proved his worth I think and a pleasantly nonsense-free zone.

Might well be at Spurs soon enough. If they oust AVB they won't want to be paying any compo for anyone else.

• Anyone else think Chelsea fans are being very childish in their statements why they don't want Benitez? Essentially 'He's been out of work, that proves he's rubbish' when I think he's had offers and just been choosy, and even worse 'He was mean about us when he was Liverpool manager' - what, when that was his job?!
    supaclive said:

His last two years at Liverpool were embarrasing.

What, his penultimate year when he got Liverpool closer to the title that anyone else has in 21 years? THe last year I agree, but there was a lot going on behind the scenes - 3 managers have had a lot more backing since and they've only gone backwards.

I don't agree with the sacking of Di Matteo but they could do a hell of a lot worse than Benitez.

• RDM to Milan?
  • Any other walk of life getting sacked from your last 2 jobs would mean you'd find it difficult to get another job let alone one that is at a company that is in the top 4 in the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plaaayer said:

Any other walk of life getting sacked from your last 2 jobs would mean
    you'd find it difficult to get another job let alone one that is at a company that is in the top 4 in the country.

THIS!
  • Wins everything
  • Who else (who is available) haven't they tried already?
  • Benitez is a pretty good coach, although shite with the tv and press boys. He will get the best out of Torres, splash a bit of Roman's cash and clinch the Premier League for Chelski this season. Then he'll be out on his ear and Guardiola will replace him in he summer.

That will also tempt Mourinho back to the Prem, taking over at Man City with mega bucks to splash.
  • He just minds me of these nowadays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FabhmafWKyI
  • Don't get the whole Pep thing. He's available now, so why would he lurk about in the background waiting for Rafa to wreak havoc with the club.
  • Most unpopular caretaker since ian huntley
  • Who else (who is available) haven't they tried already?

we've already done all the Curbs jokes haven't we?
  • Don't get the whole Pep thing. He's available now, so why would he lurk about in the background waiting for Rafa to wreak havoc with the club.

He's obviously only there until Roman gets his UEFA pro licence.

• Just seen him interviewed on Sky. I really don't know why but I have a real (irrational) desire to throw something at the telly whenever he comes on.

Hope he falls flat on his arse again.