Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Resin Bonded Driveways

Looking at getting my drive done this way. Has anyone had this process done to theirs? Not sure if Tar & Chip would be a better option?Deffo dont want a gravel based or tarmaced drive. Can anyone recommend a professional that does them? Based in SE9. Thanks.

Comments

• Lot of dodgy people who do drives from the Cray. Do your research online etc first.
  • Yeah, I have them knocking on the door! lol. Done loads of research but can't beat a decent recommendation. Cheers.
  • Maintenance wise you can't go wrong. I block paved all around my place years ago and seem to spend most of the year weeding, despite regular treatments and cleaning. As Cray says, look online there are some pretty realistic finishes out there and NEVER use anyone from the St Mary Cray area !
  • Cheers Soapy. Appreciate the advice.
  • I maintained my driveway only a few months ago spending a couple of days weeding and putting Kiln sand down but it has returned to the same state in was in before I did it. So I'm considering having resin bond put down as well.
  • My mate had his done in Swanscombe by two young fellas. Done a brilliant job!
  • II'm not sure this is the same thing, but this company have done loads in Eltham. All of the ones I have seen look good.

http://www.screedprint.co.uk/
  • I had ours done in pattern imprinted concrete. Had it done by Creteprint, did a really good job. They have done loads around SE London, think they have a showroom still at that large garden centre at Badgers Mount. Would highly recommend.
  • Had a patterned imprinted one done about 7/8 years ago by a company in Dartford great job and 0 maintainace
    Best bit start to finish 3 days rather than 3 weeks!
  • Out of interest, what have you got against gravel on a concrete base? It has a number of advantages. First, if you've got pikey mates whose cars leak oil, you can just scrap up the bit of damaged gravel and remove; second, the crunching noise is a bit of a burglar deterrent; third just rake or hose down with weedol to remove weeds; fourth with the right type of gravel it looks classy rather than a sort of nasty "stone-cladding for floors" look; fifth it's cheap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks all.

I've seen a lot of the work Creteprint have done. They look very good and hard wearing. Out of interest Large, we're Creteprint expensive? No need to tell me price, just if you think they're value for money?

The resin bonded has a thin layer of gravel on the surface so you still get a crunch without the sinking feeling you do with a full gravel drive.
  • thought Creteprint were reasonable, not the cheapest but not the dearest either, BUT you get a good job. No hard sell either. Just sent someone round who had a quick measure, checked how many manhole covers & drainage things there were and gave a quote there and then and left it with us. We just rang them when we decided to go ahead. Work was done in three days, minimal mess, very good job. The amount of work they have done around Bexleyheath, Barnehurst, Welling etc then I think their reputation goes before them. I could & would tell you how much ours cost but wouldn't mean much as I have not got a clue as to the area involved and can't measure it for you as we have since moved.
  • Flags or setts with resin jointing. I've seen printed concrete faded and cracked.
  • Cheers Large and thanks everyone else for the info.
  • edited November 2012
    Try this firm:

Link: www.cowboyconstruction.com

• Best option although more expensive than others

You get what you pay for but steer clear of members of the travelling community and tarmacadam
  • I've used Creteprint as well. They did a good job, but weren't cheap. I'd discussed doing a deal for doing mine and my next-door neighbours drive at the same time. Then my neighbour said he wasn't quite ready. Can you guess what happened next? When they were here doing mine he went out and negotiated a deal for himself. I am pleased to say I don't think they did as good a job on his as they did on mine.
  • I had ours done in pattern imprinted concrete. Had it done by Creteprint, did a really good job. They have done loads around SE London, think they have a showroom still at that large garden centre at Badgers Mount. Would highly recommend.

Our driveway was done in same medium around 12 years ago by a company that is no longer in business. Nothing sinister ! Made a good job of it and several others in the road / close by followed suit.

We have a dark grey tint and after 8 years or so, this began to fade( must expect this in time) A neighbour was having theirs done by Creteprint so we asked if they would reseal ours which they did , albeit saying they didn't usually do this....Not a great job was done- seems it was not cost effective !

Anyway, we're still happy with the overall effect and are looking to buy some resealant/tint online for a DIY "facelift" in the Spring now that Mr F has retired. Will let you know how it goes..

• Digging up an old thread from 5 years ago.

Trying to decide what we're going to do with our large driveway/front garden space now we've got the builders in.
    Is everyone still happy with their resin driveways?

We've been looking at a few driveways in neighbouring roads and have to say they look the nuts but worried about the durability of them.
    Any thoughts?

• we had our driveway resin bonded a couple of years ago. very happy with it, looks great and no problems so far. Ours came with a 10 year guarantee.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a resin bonded driveway and its okay, you get that nice crunch sound when you drive over it and it is weed free. The only downside is no matter how hard you try you always end up walking small bits of gravel into the house so you need to make sure you wipe your feet.
  • I have a resin bonded driveway and its okay, you get that nice crunch sound when you drive over it and it is weed free. The only downside is no matter how hard you try you always end up walking small bits of gravel into the house so you need to make sure you wipe your feet.

doesn't sound bonded to me. We have no gravel crunching with ours and certainly not walking small bits anywhere. Ours is bonded and the surface smooth. Are you sure yours is?
  • So, a resin driveway or a RD, as you might call it, tends to stay longer than you would imagine.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Digging up an old thread from 5 years ago.

Trying to decide what we're going to do with our large driveway/front garden space now we've got the builders in.
    Is everyone still happy with their resin driveways?

We've been looking at a few driveways in neighbouring roads and have to say they look the nuts but worried about the durability of them.
    Any thoughts?

Had ours done by MultiPrint a few years back and still looks terrific
  • I liberally sprinkle rice crispies on my block drive once a month to get that country house crunchy class effect.

Would've thought Frosties would be better in the winter.
  • Bump.......I'm just messing with ya
  • edited June 2017
    For something like the creteprint, multiprint jobbies, what sort of rough cost you looking at for a standard drive?
  • For something like the creteprint, multiprint jobbies, what sort of rough cost you looking at for a standard drive?

anyone?

• For something like the creteprint, multiprint jobbies, what sort of rough cost you looking at for a standard drive?

anyone?

just a suggestion but why not get a couple of guys in to give you quotes ;-)

can't remember how much ours was per sq metre as telling you the whole job was 3k means nothing unless you know the area involved