Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dartford Crossing

Need a little bit of advice. Might be going over to Tilbury tomorrow morning - need to be there for 9am - and was wondering what the traffic is normally like going south to north at about 8am on a Friday morning.

Cheers

Comments

• Absolutely dead mate.
  • or absolutely heaving !
  • Busy! Usually moving, but sometimes stopped. Try and join the M25 at the last point at Dartford and miss most of the queue.

Was jammed solid in both directions this morning when I passed over it on the bus but I think there had been an accident.
  • JT said:

Absolutely dead mate.

Great. Thanks.

Will have an extra hour in bed and leave home around ten to 9 then.
  • Should be ok, I never have trouble on X80 bus 3 days a week, lovely grays in essex.
  • you might be alright on a Friday during a half term.

although I have heard through a source that a group is planning a massive march through the tunnels tomorrow at about 8am on behalf the Society for Being Ripped Off By These Blood Sucking Parasites Who Keep Putting The F****** Charge Up Even Though It Was Paid Off Years Ago or SBROBSPWKPTFCUETIWPOYA for short.
  • edited November 2012
    cs1986 said:

Should be ok, I never have trouble on X80 bus 3 days a week, lovely grays in essex.

I was working in Grays a couple of months ago, I didn't think I could ever see a place that is worse than Woolwich, it was like something out of The Hills Have Eyes!

Should be raised to the ground.
  • Plaaayer said:

cs1986 said:

Should be ok, I never have trouble on X80 bus 3 days a week, lovely grays in essex.

I was working in Grays a couple of months ago, I didn't think I could ever see a place that is worse than Woolwich, it was like something out of The Hills Have Eyes!

Isn't there a book: 50 Hades of Grays or something?
  • Depending where in Tilbury you need to go you could always park up in Gravesend and get the Tilbury ferry
  • Depending where in Tilbury you need to go you could always park up in Gravesend and get the Tilbury ferry

There's a ferry?

• Sponsored links:

• Keep telling myself that one day I'll use this to go to a Charlton game. Not done it yet though.

http://www.thurrock.gov.uk/travel/transport/content.php?page=ferry
  • yep, The Princess Pocahontas is the ferry, foot passengers only. Runs from the town pier in Gravesend, and there is a bus on the other side (free I think) from Tilbury docks to Tilbury Station/Town Centre

http://www.visitkent.co.uk/explore/thedms.asp?dms=13&p1=cad&venue=3093850
  • Get Nathan to ask one of his mates to give you a lift buck shee.
  • I go over to the Basildon area once every couple of weeks for about 9am midweek and find hardly any traffic - i nearly always get there early though as you have to build in some contingency coz when it goes wrong, it can go really wrong. As a result i often find myself killing time in the LIDL/Macdonalds/Tesco triangle in Basildon which, no direspect to Basildon people obviously, must be one of the mongyist places in England.
  • Hmmm, thanks all.

Have now decided to get the train : New Elt > LB > West Ham > Tilbury. At least that way if anything fcuks up I'll be on the right side of the river to get a cab.
  • Off_it said:

Hmmm, thanks all.

Have now decided to get the train : New Elt > LB > West Ham > Tilbury. At least that way if anything fcuks up I'll be on the right side of the river to get a cab.

It will take bout 2 hrs by train trust me it is long I have done it a few times. Driving or bus much beta option.
  • Yep, I know. But it's the "safer" option - no room for being late.
  • Plaaayer said:

cs1986 said:

Tell me bout it mate am working for thurrock council by grays station. Project managing housing, we are thinking of demolishing most of the housing there!
  • Do it every morning. Always jump on just before the tolls as sometimes there is traffic for miles
  • Stig said:

Keep telling myself that one day I'll use this to go to a Charlton game. Not done it yet though.

http://www.thurrock.gov.uk/travel/transport/content.php?page=ferry

Done it a few times. Makes a change. £3 single. £3 return. Bargain.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2012
    Offy drive down to the lower road Erith / Crayford - Bob Dun Way? A206 and join the Dartford Crossing almost at the tunnel mouth and you will be fine; no wind up trust me.
  • Deadred said:

Offy drive down to the lower road Erith / Crayford - Bob Dun Way? A206 and join the Dartford Crossing almost at the tunnel mouth and you will be fine; no wind up trust me.

this - you are only about 50 yards from the booths

• My life. Tilbury is ..... er ...... "Earthy" isn't it?!
  • Off_it said:

My life. Tilbury is ..... er ...... "Earthy" isn't it?!

Dont keep us in suspenders Offy so what route and mode of transport did you use in the end then?
  • Thought I said earlier - went by train. It took ages but at least I was the "right" (or do I mean "wrong") side of the river if things started going wrong. Got a lift back. Thought about the ferry, but it was a bit cold!
  • What a waste of a thread :-)
  • What a waste of a thread :-)

its never a waste if trains are debated

• Carnage today.AVOID
  • Dreadful! M20 f***ed too!
  • My wife has just managed to get down the A2 from Eltham to Bluewater i.e. Kent bound. She said it was slow but moving.