Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derren Brown - Apocalypse

Anyone see it just now on C4?

Great watch.

Some might say extremely over the top with detail and effects just to make a point to some bloke that he should take life more seriously and get up off his arse.

It has a part 2 for next week, it's the real life 28 days later...

Comments

• Not sure I buy it. Reckon he's an actor.
  • Not sure I buy it. Reckon he's an actor.

There were parts where I thought that too, some reactions didn't seem natural but I guess we don't really know what natural is in that kind of situation.
  • I don't think I would bring myself to believe in zombies even if I saw something that looked like one.

The alarm bell in my head would just say "this is bollocks"...to movie-like
  • Think the set up at the start is perhaps the biggest part that could be seen as being fake. He conveniently doesn't check any other news channels, doesn't go out and buy or even look at a newspaper. Doesn't speak to any other random people at a pub or work that would look at him like he was nuts if he mentioned it.
    Still enjoyed watching it but gets more fake the more I think about it.
  • edited October 2012
    Hope the production company have read up on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder!
  • I must say some of the "explosions" looked like CGI.
    Also I think a lot of Brown's things would seem more legitimate if he didn't go around randomly putting people to sleep all the time.
    All it takes in his shows is one thing for you to go "bollocks that wouldn't happen" and then it's sorted.

As for the "I wouldn't buy it I would think it's a load of movie rubbish" if I was in that situation and not an actor I would be too wrapped up in the situation. They don't seem to give him much time to think on his own, and even if it all seemed fake you still wouldn't risk your life for the chance that it was real.
  • Didn't see the it, but saw some adverts for it and to me, it looked like a scene from Londons Burning or The Bill!
  • Brown has gone down the Blaine route. Big attention money grabbing stunts that prove to be fake.
    The mans got so much talent and his mind stuff is great, stick to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched the first half hour and it's clearly utter rubbish. a) can you really hack someone's phone like that ?, b) can derren brown really wave his hand infrontbof someone's face and their unconscious yet still conscious enough to be sleep walked to a bed and put to sleep , c) however you responded I'd imagine waking up to discover the world was ending might involve a great degree of profanity which seemed to be strangely absent.
  • If brown can put someone to sleep just by waving his hand and then telling them what to do wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to tell the fella to stop being a lazy ungrateful goon
  • Talal said:
    Grim reading. Accents international, Afghani, African (South), Australian, Chinese, Dublin, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Pakistani, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish

Derren should have got him to play it as a chinese Pakistani, that would have generated a bit of press for the Grade C drama graduate

• Brown has gone down the Blaine route. Big attention money grabbing stunts that prove to be fake.
    The mans got so much talent and his mind stuff is great, stick to that.

Agree, seen his live show and it's very good, although the only thing is you get the sense he only selects the most gullible for it to work. These one off shows have been getting progressively worse over time, that said if channel 4 come waving a bucket load of cash to do these things I imagine it would be hard to turn it down.
  • Talal said:
    Grim reading. Accents international, Afghani, African (South), Australian, Chinese, Dublin, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Pakistani, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish

Derren should have got him to play it as a chinese Pakistani, that would have generated a bit of press for the Grade C drama graduate

He'll do naked too! Fair play!
  • ....I think the rest of the world should do this to Brown and pretend the end is nye as a wind up, that'll faaackin show him! Who's in?
  • New Year's Eve? I thought you were busy killing things?
  • se9addick said:

Just watched the first half hour and it's clearly utter rubbish. a) can you really hack someone's phone like that ?, b) can derren brown really wave his hand infrontbof someone's face and their unconscious yet still conscious enough to be sleep walked to a bed and put to sleep , c) however you responded I'd imagine waking up to discover the world was ending might involve a great degree of profanity which seemed to be strangely absent.

Spot on, as Gary said it's all gone. Bit Blaine. Our hero is a dreadful actor, wide eyed, gob hanging open. Ooh the apocalypse, I'm... Quite... Startled....
  • Yep. No screaming/swearing/crying/smashing the 'zombies'' heads in. Seems very forced and fake from everyone involved. The girl's performance is particularly rubbish, if the bloke wasn't an actor he would have twigged within 5 minutes. Shame, because Derren Brown's old stuff was very watchable.
  • "Derren Brown - Arseocalypse" more like.
  • Sponsored links:

• The impressive thing about that is that Derren convinced him he was a microwave. Oscar must be in the pipeline.
  • The disappearing bottle act, this was what the show was really all about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIO7p-fzYe8
  • Talal said:

The disappearing bottle act, this was what the show was really all about....

There we are. Proof if proof be need be that it's fake.

• Didn't see it - because, basically, I'm not lame enough to think that there is even a snowball's chance in hell that anything that muppet does is 'real' - but am I to believe that he allegedly made some bloke think he was in a zombie film for real? Utterly laughable.
  • edited October 2012
    The bloke playing the microwave is not him I believe just looks similar http://karlgreenwood.co.uk/
  • darren liked some of the early stuff -now its utter tosh,
  • Talal said:

The disappearing bottle act, this was what the show was really all about....

I may be being gullible now but after seeing that I may be starting to believe some of the conspiracy conspiracy theorists that this is all on purpose. Part of me thinks it is a bit odd that a production company with a big enough budget would make such an obvious mistake such as that and likewise with the acting profile.

Could be totally wrong but something about all this evidence feels a bit off.
  • Thought it was quite believable.

Got the usual killers crowd down to a tee at the end. ;-)
  • Also as far as I know there wasn't the "no actors or stooges have been used in this programme" bit at the beginning, think it's normally at the start of all his tv shows.
    @colthe3rd I see what your saying, there seem to be too many errors for them not to have realised people would dig. Surely they would check if the main guy has any actor info/pics online? The conspiracy theory is that they purposedly left this 'evidence' knowing some would find it but to see how many people they could fool into believing it to be true.
    Personally reckon they've just cocked it up but I guess the 2nd show might answer it all.